Thoughts on Delilah?

Thank you all for your help and input in my other threads! I am now between [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] (new find). I like the name [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] but one thing that kind of bothers me about [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] and [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] is that the sound/word “lie” is in it. Also I like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] a lot, but something that bothers me about it is sometimes I think of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as in stand up etc instead of the flower. Are these ‘problems’ just something I hear/am finicky about? and what are your thoughts about these two general? Is there one you prefer? (popularity doesn’t matter to me)

PS I like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] as a combo but what would be a good middle name for [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]? I have [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] XXX in mind but yet me know if you have any other ideas

I think [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] sounds beautiful, but I don’t have it on my list because of its meaning (“delicate, weak, languishing”) and because the [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] from the Bible wasn’t exactly the best character. But I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Lila[/name_f], so gorgeous. The “lie” thing doesn’t bother me, but I guess you’re the only one who knows yourself well enough to know if you’ll be able to get past it or if it’ll bother you every time you say it. Same with the [name_f]Rose[/name_f] thing. Neither of them will be problematic for a kid I don’t think, and most other people probably won’t think of those things, but if it’s bothers you then it bothers you.
Also, I love the name [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. It’s so lovely.

I prefer [name_f]Rose[/name_f], of course, but I definitely think [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] is a gorgeous name!

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] could work well, though it’s not really my favorite pairing, tbh. [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] or [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_u]Vivien[/name_u], perhaps? Oh, and [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] sounds quite elegant!

I love [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]- so melodic and bouncy! I actually really like the lie sound- it’s bright and bold. Out of you4 two choices I prefer [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] but [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] is nice too - [name_f]Rose[/name_f] feels less or a fuller as a first.

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is lovely but I’ll also suggest

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Rowena[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Carys[/name_f]

My daughter is [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] - the lie sound never bothered me.

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] are both outstanding names. You won’t go wrong either way!! My personal preference, directs me toward [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. But [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] is beautiful too, and [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a super pretty combo!! But as I said, I prefer [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a name and the nickname [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] is a lifetime favourite of mine. <3

• Vera

It’s very pretty

Thank you for your input! Hoping to get some more opinions

I’m not keen on [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] - to my ear it’s too frilly. I feel [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] is a bigger risk than many names as it would only suit a few people. [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] is more wearable I think. And I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]…but if the lie is the problem I suggest [name_f]Delia[/name_f] instead ([name_f]Deal[/name_f]-ee-uh) [name_f]Delia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Delia[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] work though I’m partial to [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] myself.

Both are beautiful names, so you can’t go wrong really.
I think I slightly prefer [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] and I think [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is gorgeous! [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is nice too. I like the suggestion of [name_f]Delia[/name_f], if the lie part if bothering you. Another suggestion is [name_f]Della[/name_f] or [name_f]Adela[/name_f] might work too.
As for [name_f]Rose[/name_f], you might consider making the name longer so that you don’t associate with rose (as in rising). [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f], [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] are all lovely and lend to the nickname [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. Good luck!!

I much prefer [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! It feels much more classic, simple, and strong. [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is a nice combo though!

Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions. it’s greatly appreciated!

I don’t think the “lie” in [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]/[name_f]Lilah[/name_f] or the standing connection to [name_f]Rose[/name_f] are big issues that people will point out regularly!

Personally, I love [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], it’s stunning. I’ve never really liked [name_f]Rose[/name_f] up front, it’s always felt like it was missing something imo.

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is beautiful! I’m not sure if you’re open to the idea or not, but [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would be nice too.

Other ideas;

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]/[name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Emily[/name_f]

Hmm…

I prefer [name_f]Rose[/name_f] I honestly love the name [name_f]Rose[/name_f] it’s just gorgeous. I’ve seen you talking about [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] on previous threads and I’ve swooned over it. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] is gorgeous!

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] is lovely it’s spunky biblical name really pretty and I do like [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] it’s gorgeous combination.
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]

Stay well x

It’s a beautiful sounding name, but I automatically think of Delilah in the Bible who tricked Samson and of a radio host named Delilah. The meaning of Delilah is not pleasant. What about Delaney or Delia for a similar sound? I love Rose! Rose Delilah sounds pretty.