Thoughts on Dilan as a girl name

What are your thoughts on [name_m]Dilan[/name_m] for a girl? It’s a Turkish girl name meaning [name_u]Love[/name_u].

3 Likes

I think most people would assume it’s a variation of Dylan/Dillon

2 Likes

It’s nice and has a lovely meaning- pronunciation might be a challenge. We pronounce it differently than [name_u]Dylan[/name_u]- more like dee - lahn instead of dill-in.

1 Like

I like it and I love the meaning

I absolutely love the meaning ! I think pronouncing may be a problem . I instinctively say Die-L-Anne but cane also see and hear [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] , dill-on etc

It’s absolutely gorgeous and I would not let pronunciations stand in your way. [name_f]My[/name_f] name I thought was pretty simple , easy and straightforward but I am constantly correcting people or having to spell it

Assuming it’s pronounced dee-lahn?

It’s pretty imo. Simple and but feminine enough. If you live in an [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking place be ready for “like Dylan?” questions, but it’s a really nice name overall.

I think it’s very pretty! It’s sweet and simple, and the meaning is lovely. I think the pronunciation will be an easy correction if somebody says ‘Dylan’ at first.