Thoughts on Draper

I have come to really like the name [name_m]Draper[/name_m]. I find it kind of masculine, strong, unique and a little vintage.

Now I may be the only person who thinks that about the name [name_m]Draper[/name_m]…so just curious what other peoples thoughts are on this name…?

I just think of drapery.

I think of raper…

Very surname-y. It is pretty interesting though. It is a common enough surname that I believe it is familiar and has an obvious prn and spelling.

I can’t quite call it vintage though. It sounds like a buttoned up name with qualities that remind me of the 1900s, but I also think it sounds a bit hip and somewhat modern. It doesn’t have that great grandfather quality, but is it not at all modern in the way [name_m]Ace[/name_m] or [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] are. However, it does fit the occupational surname trend. It seems somewhere in between borrowing from both.

It’s kind if growing on me. Hmm. Didn’t expect that when I started writing this. Lol. It is interesting to consider.

I instantly think of [name_m]Donald[/name_m] “[name_m]Don[/name_m]” [name_m]Draper[/name_m] the lead character from Mad Men.

I think of a person who sells cloth for drapes and things.