Thoughts on Drusilla......

I was wondering what everyone thinks of the name [name]Drusilla[/name]? The possible nickname [name]Dru[/name]…like or dislike?

Its one of my favorites, so nothing bad from me.

i dont like the nn [name]Dru[/name] however, i dont like the sound…or the fact thats it really is a boys name, i’ve met a few.

no way ever

I like the name, but for me it will always be associated with the evil vampire on [name]Buffy[/name].

Not really my style and I’m not a big lover of the name.

[name]Drusilla[/name] has been a favourite of mine for a while and I adore the nickname [name]Dru[/name]! :slight_smile:

Reminds me of a soap opera and I don’t like the sound; there’s something about it that seems depressing and old fashioned.

I just think of [name]Buffy[/name] the Vampire Slayer charachter http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drusilla_(Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer) but obviously that will only occur to fans of the show.

I don’t really like the name as it’s very like Godzilla, Bridezilla etc but i do like the nn [name]Drew[/name]/[name]Dru[/name]…

Reminds me of Godzilla for some reason. Also, it is the name of one of the evil stepsisters in Disney’s [name]Cinderella[/name].

In all honesty, I think it’s terrible. Unattractive in look and sound.

T sounds like an evil character to me, I don’t care for the sound of it! Like one of the evil step sisters in [name]Cinderella[/name].

I like it. Nice meaning, historic use, [name]Dru[/name] is cute. I might like the [name]Druscilla[/name] spelling more, I haven’t decided. Not very popular and not one to be lost in a crowd.

The stepsisters in Disney’s [name]Cinderella[/name] are [name]Anastasia[/name] and Drizella, not [name]Drusilla[/name].

[name]Drusilla[/name] only reminds me of the vampire from [name]Buffy[/name]. That association aside, [name]Drusilla[/name] sounds like a dreary, stuffy, Victorian woman to me.

I don’t like it at all. It reminds me of Dracula.

I don’t like it, to me it sounds like Cruella (as in DeVille, from 101 Dalmations). It’d be hard to wear.

No way, it’s one of those stereotypical “witch” names.

I find it quite bold… While I don’t dislike it, I am sure that she will meet with a lot of, “like the evil stepsister?” or “like in [name]Buffy[/name] the Vampire Slayer?”, etc.
I love that you can get the nickname [name]Dru[/name], which is adorable!! So, for that reason, I would not veto it. :slight_smile:
I also second the other poster’s suggestion of the spelling [name]Druscilla[/name], it seems more complete, or sophisticated in appearance.

Sounds like an old fashion designer with a big fur coat on. Like Cruella Deville, but older.

I think [name]Dru[/name] is an adorable nickname! I like it, but I love [name]Buffy[/name] so much more. [name]Drusilla[/name] was one of my favorite characters though, it’s just too connected for me to use it. Would love to meet a [name]Dru[/name]!

Not a fan at all! If my mom had named me [name]Drusilla[/name] I would be changing my name the day I turned 18! LOL