Thoughts on "Eda" for a girl?

[name_m]Just[/name_m] came across it on Behind the Name. I thought it sounded interesting. I thought it might be a nice alternative to [name_u]Eden[/name_u], which I go back and forth on whether I love it or not. I like [name_f]Ada[/name_f], too, but I was wondering what your thoughts were on [name_f]Eda[/name_f]? It isn’t very common so I’m curious to see if anyone likes it or hates it :slight_smile:

I like it, but no where near as much as much as [name_f]Ada[/name_f]. I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Ada[/name_f], so to me [name_f]Eda[/name_f] sounds a little like [name_f]Ada[/name_f] with an accent, and may lead to confusion.

I like it too. With [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_f]Ida[/name_f] and [name_f]Leda[/name_f], I don’t think it’s too out there.

I love the sound since it’s the original [name_m]German[/name_m] pronunciation of [name_f]Ida[/name_f], a name I adore especially in [name_m]German[/name_m].
The spelling isn’t my favourite though.

I like it!

Would you pronounce it ed-uh or ead-uh? I think that might cause some confusion.

If it is pronounced ead-uh, it might just sound like someone pronouncing [name_u]Eden[/name_u] wrong. This is how I feel about [name_f]Esta[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Esther[/name_f].

Personally, I find [name_f]Ada[/name_f] to be more substantial. [name_m]How[/name_m] do you feel about [name_f]Etta[/name_f]? I really like that one as well.

If it’s pronounced ee-duh, then I like it.

[name_m]How[/name_m] do you pronounce it? Like [name_f]Ida[/name_f] the [name_m]German[/name_m]/European way?

I like it if it’s pronounced ee-da.