Thoughts on Elias, brother for Felix?

[name]Hi[/name] there,
I am due to have our second baby next month and am hoping for some last minute advice. Our first sons name is [name]Felix[/name], with my maiden name as his middle name. My husband and I love the boys name [name]Rex[/name], but feel we cannot use it when we have a [name]Felix[/name] already.

We have decided on [name]Elias[/name] with my maiden name as a middle name again for this baby if it is a boy, but he would always be called [name]Eli[/name]. We are in Australia, and Elias is not really a popular name here. We love the name but I am not sure if it works as a sibling for [name]Felix[/name]. Does [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Felix[/name] sound weird together given that [name]Eli[/name] makes up the three middle letters of [name]Felix[/name]?

The other contender for this bub is Theodore (Theo) which was initially my favourite, but I’m not loving as much recently.

I don’t think they sound weird together. [name]Eli[/name] has a long “i” and [name]Felix[/name] has a soft “i”, so they sound completely different.

[name]Felix[/name] and [name]Elias[/name] are great together! I think the softness of the “L” ties them together, while the difference in the “I” sound makes them distinct.

I love them together.

Agreed. Absolutely no complaints.

[name]Felix[/name] and [name]Elias[/name] are perfect together!

Thanks guys, your comments make me feel much more confident about our choice! :slight_smile: