Thoughts on Elin

My H and I have been having trouble committing to a girl’s name. This will be our first. What do you think of the name [name_f]Elin[/name_f]? (Pronounced ee-[name_f]Lin[/name_f]) - there isn’t much information about it on nameberry.

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Elin[/name_f]. What about [name_f]Elif[/name_f]?

I have a aunt [name_f]Elin[/name_f] - it’s not pronounced [name_f]Ayleen[/name_f], but ee-lin. We live in Scandinavian.

I just adore [name_f]Elin[/name_f], and since I can’t use it as a first, I’ve been considering putting it in middle in honor of my aunt… But I would love to see it on a little girl … I know other girls named [name_f]Elin[/name_f], pronounced ee-lin, so it’s just not my aunt :slight_smile:

[name_f]Elin[/name_f] is actually a normal name in Scandinavia, although it’s fallen a bit since the seventies. It’s a gorgeous name and I highly prefer your pronunciation! I say go for it. ”

@pernillemarie: It’s still very common in [name_u]Sweden[/name_u]:slight_smile:

It’s a perfectly fine name, very pretty, not my favourite though. I prn it with stress on both syllables, kind of like [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]: EH-[name_f]LIN[/name_f]. Good luck:)

I like it because it is very close to my favorite [name_f]Elina[/name_f] :slight_smile: (pronounced [name_f]Aleena[/name_f])

If this is in the US, atm I strongly associate the name [name_f]Elin[/name_f] (pronounced ee-lin) with [name_m]Tiger[/name_m] Woods ex-wife that he had the affair scandal with.
Only because it is a name I had never heard before that.