Thoughts on Enid

I really love the name [name_f]Enid[/name_f]. I know it’s gone out of style, but [name_f]Enid[/name_f] reminds me of my happy childhood days of reading Blyton. I’m aware that [name_f]Enid[/name_f] Blyton has recently receieved some heat, but I’m wondering if that matters. What are yout thoughts on the name

I used to have [name_f]Enid[/name_f] on my list, because it also reminded me of the books I grew up reading/listening to, and I really liked that. I enjoy the meaning too, and the vintage quality. I did remove it, because I wasn’t all that in love with the sound, but I could easily be convinced if I met a little [name_f]Enid[/name_f]. I think it’s a great name!

I would love to meet a little [name_f]Enid[/name_f]! I think it’s such a sweet name! Full disclosure: I love [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], which many ppl find unstylish and ugly.

I love [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] too!

I like [name_f]Enid[/name_f]! It’s sweet!

I like [name_f]Enid[/name_f] a lot! I think it’s a really sweet name that reminds me of several popular names of 2018, since it’s short and starts with an E (like [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], [name_u]Evan[/name_u] etc), so I think it’s ready for a comeback.

I like it. I think it’s time to bring it back. I have no idea who [name_f]Enid[/name_f] Blyton is so that doesn’t affect my opinion on the name.

[name_f]Enid[/name_f] has a sweet sound to it, and I like the name meaning. I’d love to hear it on a little one.

[name_f]Enid[/name_f] is one of my favorites and I’d love to meet someone with the name

I love [name_f]Enid[/name_f]! It’s so quirky and geeky in a fun way. I also love [name_f]Agatha[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

I really like [name_f]Enid[/name_f] (and [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], too). When I was a teenager I once told my best friend I’d like to name a daughter [name_f]Enid[/name_f] and got laughed at for it, but I still like the name 15 or so years later, although it’s no longer at the top of my list or anywhere close.

[name_f]Enid[/name_f] is totally useable.

Although I do think of the author I wouldn’t assume a child was named for her so I don’t see any drawback for any negativity surrounding her.

If you love it, go for it.

I really love [name_f]Enid[/name_f]! I find it very sweet.

It’s a great name! And it reminds me of a catchy song by Canadian band The Barenaked Ladies.

I have a great aunt with the name and she’s never liked it - it was old fashioned even for her generation. My second cousin has it as a middle.

I want to like [name_f]Enid[/name_f] because it has a sort of ethereal quality to it, which is what I look for in a name, but it still feels really clunky. Names with that clunky feel, to me, would only really work on a popular, confident girl as she’d be able to wear it with style, but if she was socially awkward and bullied (like I was) it would just make things worse. I can’t imagine going through primary school with a name like [name_f]Enid[/name_f] or [name_f]Maud[/name_f].