Thoughts on Esme?

I have recently fallen in love with the name [name_f]Esme[/name_f] for a little girl. [name_m]Just[/name_m] looking for opinions!

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] is a name that I always liked but recently started to [name_u]LOVE[/name_u]. It is my #2 girl name now. I think it has a beautiful meaning and a great sound.

I love this name too, although I’ve never met an [name_f]Esme[/name_f]. It sounds classically British to me.

I love it too-- it sounds fresh, but is classic, and has a beautiful meaning (beloved). A great alternative to [name_f]Emma[/name_f] or [name_f]Isla[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Esme[/name_f]. It sounds pretty - my only critique of it is that I don’t think it’s an easy name to say. You kind of have to manipulate your mouth in an unnatural way to get it out. But once it’s out it flows and sounds pretty.

I’m beginning to love [name_f]Esme[/name_f].It’s such a pretty [name_m]French[/name_m] name(and i [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]French[/name_m] names) and just has such a nice sound.Go for it girl!

It’s such a really romantic name. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] sounding, not too old/young or anything.

So pretty!!! There is a well known blogger in my circle (I’m a vintage blogger) who uses [name_f]Esme[/name_f] as her somewhat pen name (I say “somewhat” because she has shared her real name online here and there, too) and as part of her blog’s name, and as a result I’ve been exposed to it for a few years now on a frequent basis and it’s really grown on me.

One of my favorites. Easy to spell and say. Beautiful meaning. [name_m]French[/name_m] flair. Not too lengthy. Manages to be lovely without trying too hard. Not overused.

Sorry…not a fan. It was the name of the evil crone in a Disney cartoon series, and that’s all I think of. The [name_m]French[/name_m] spelling ([name_f]Esmee[/name_f]) is a slight improvement.

I adore the name [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and once upon a time thought it was quite a unique choice for a little girl but, unfortunately, it was the #58 girls name in the UK last year so it is insanely popular now which has meant it’s lost some of it’s appeal for me.

Maybe it’s less popular where you are, but it’s still a lovely, pretty name for a girl.

I adore [name_f]Esme[/name_f]. So chic. It is one of my top 5, but my partner kind of hates it. He would like it if it were Es-me instead of ez-may; he hates the ‘may’ ending. I think some people pronounce it es-mee, but I think a lot also view that as incorrect since it is a [name_m]French[/name_m] name.

I’ve heard a lot of people say that the es-mee pronunciation is wrong on here, but in the UK it seems far more common to pronounce it that way - I actually know an [name_f]Esme[/name_f] pronounced es-mee. Personally I think both versions are really pretty.

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] is a very pretty name!

It’s not my favorite, it doesn’t seem to roll of the tongue easily.

that is comforting to hear, since it’s the only way it’s usable for me! I’m in love with the look of this name.