Thoughts on Evgenia?

I discovered [name]Evgenia[/name], a variant of [name]Eugenia[/name], in a baby naming book today, and I was intrigued by it. Considering the growing popularity of [name]Eugenie[/name] and other semi-rare vintage names and the popularity of [name]Evangeline[/name]/[name]Eva[/name]/[name]Evie[/name], etc., I think it could work. Thoughts?

I looooove [name]Evgenia[/name]! I’ve been in love with the name Evgeniy for a boy for years, and one of my friends has [name]Evgenia[/name] as a middle name so I definitely see it as more usable.
I know a couple women named [name]Eugenia[/name] anyway, so it’s not far off.
I think it’s lovely :slight_smile:

I really like it! Makes me think of Clavdia which I love as well!!

I think it’s really pretty! :slight_smile:

So [name]Evgeni[/name] is related to [name]Eugene[/name], I didn’t know that. [name]How[/name] do you pronounce [name]Evgeni[/name] and [name]Evgenia[/name]?? I always said Ehv-GEH-nee but I’ve also seen different pronounciations sooo…??? I <3 Evgeni but not Eugene at all. Evgenia…I’m not sure.

I say something like yuv-GEHN-nee and yuv-GEHN-nee-uh, but I could see it starting with the ehv- too. I know a [name]Evgeni[/name] and he says it with the first syllable like “yuv” (not quite you’ve and not quite rhymes with dove, sorry I’m failing at explaining this!)

I cant see it becoming as widespread as [name]Eva[/name] because of pronunciation hurdles, but its quite pretty.