Thoughts on Ezekiel?

My husband and I are very split on this for our son’s name. What are your thoughts or opinions? What impression does it give? [name_f]TIA[/name_f]!

I went to HS with a girl who named her son [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] and they call him [name_m]Zeke[/name_m]. I think it’s super cute!

My first thought, is very religious. I would assume the family was very religious. Something to consider, especially if you are not religious or not very religious.

I personally feel neutral about [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m], like the nickname [name_m]Zeke[/name_m].

It does have a religious feel to it, of course, although I don’t see that as a drawback whatsoever (even if you are not religious, you could still use it…many non-religious people use [name_u]Noah[/name_u] and the like). The name has a somewhat regal sound, to my ears, and I think it is very strong.

A little boy from my church is named [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] but never, ever goes by it. He goes by [name_m]Zeke[/name_m], all the time.

I like it in theory, but like lovemysweeties, would assume the family was religious. I’m not a fan of [name_m]Zeke[/name_m].

I cringe at the [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] family of names. Seems try hard and uber religious to me.

An old prophet sitting among the rocks - I don’t think the name will ever shake that connotation. And honestly, I think [name_m]Zeke[/name_m] is awful. No appeal to me.

[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] is just not my style, so take that on board in my saying it doesn’t appeal to me. Interesting comments from pps about religious families: the 2 Ezekiels I know are both in quite religious families.

I actually like [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m], though I’m not a fan of [name_m]Zeke[/name_m]. I see where the religious connotations come from, and I recognise it as a Bible name, but I wouldn’t assume you were ultra-religious yourself :slight_smile:

I’m not a fan of [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] as a whole (it’s just “too much” for my personal taste) but I love nn [name_m]Zeke[/name_m] (but I don’t think it’s a good stand alone name).

I [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] and know many families that were not religious, just liked the name! We do not as a society assume all [name_f]Mary[/name_f]'s, [name_f]Marie[/name_f]'s, , [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f], [name_m]Anthony[/name_m]'s, & [name_u]James[/name_u] to be religious!

I love the nn’s that Ezekial has: [name_m]Zeke[/name_m], [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], [name_f]Kial[/name_f] ( like Kyle0 or just [name_f]Kial[/name_f])!

I think [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] is really sleek and cool. It gives off a bad-ass vibe while being a really awesome biblical namesake. I would pair it with a toned-down middle name like [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] so it doesn’t sound overbearing like [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] or something.
I don’t know why it gives people an old-man image or sounds hyper-religious; it feels like none of those things to me.
I don’t like the nickname [name_m]Zeke[/name_m].

I love [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m], with the nn [name_m]Zeke[/name_m], both super cool in my humble opinion.

Makes me think of the NFL player [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], who I think goes my [name_m]Zeke[/name_m], and he’s pretty dang cool!

[name_u]Love[/name_u], love, love, love!