Thoughts on fav baby girl names

My husband and I will be trying to get pregnant soon and I have given much thought about girl names. If we have a girl, I want her name to be meaningful and unique. Her middle name will definitely be [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a tribute to my late and dear grandmother. Our last name is Lange (we both have [name_m]German[/name_m] in us), so the first name has to fit well.

I’m seriously considering…

Mercina [name_f]Rose[/name_f] Lange with the nickname [name_f]Mina[/name_f]

Mercina means compassion and [name_f]Mina[/name_f] means love in [name_m]German[/name_m].

[name_f]Alina[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] Lange with nickname [name_f]Lina[/name_f]

[name_f]Alina[/name_f] means noble in [name_m]German[/name_m]/Russian. Not sure if there will be to many “L’s” in the name though…

Or

Audra Rose Lange nickname Audi

Audra means noble strength.

Please share your thoughts, offer any suggestions or let me know which one you like best. Thanks!:smiley:

I just have to say I love both of your choices :slight_smile: I also like [name_f]Anya[/name_f] with you mn and ln.
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] Lange.
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] means ‘grace’. Since it has a long ah sound -how is your last name pronounced?

I really like both, but slightly prefer Mercina [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. It’s sweet and unexpected. :slight_smile:

I like both of your choices. Very pretty and stylish. Very remarkable. My fave is Mercina, but also love [name_f]Alina[/name_f].

[name_f]Alina[/name_f] is my favourite of the two but I don’t like [name_f]Alina[/name_f] Lange together (too heavy on the l’s). Mercina Lange flows better.

[name_f]Beata[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Katharina[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Lisbeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Mathilda[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Silvia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

I do love [name_f]Anya[/name_f], it’s very pretty. Last name pronounced like Lang.

Thanks!

Mercina Lange sounds great; short, strong, sweet name.
I think [name_f]Mercy[/name_f] would be a cute nickname for Mercina also :slight_smile:

Thanks! I think it sounds somewhat vintage and very feminine.

In researching it originates in English however it is also used in Latin.

Does it sound too Latin?

Thanks and that is exactly why I am leaning towards Mercina, it’s unique :slight_smile:

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you still live in Germany?
I feel like there might be pronunciation problems with Mercina, as you can have both, a soft and a hard c in german (as you know). [name_m]How[/name_m] do you pronounce it?
[name_f]Alina[/name_f] Lange seems “l” heavy but it wouldn’t be a big enough problem for me to cross it off the list.

I prefer [name_f]Alina[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] Lange, because Mercina makes me think of the MRSA (pronounced mer-suh) bacterial infection. I’d prefer [name_f]Lina[/name_f]/[name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] Lange, though.

We don’t live in Germany, live in US (we are both mutts :slight_smile: but we both have [name_m]German[/name_m] in our family history.

I’ve never heard Mercina before, but I really like it! You could always use [name_f]Mercy[/name_f] as a nickname if you wanted, but [name_f]Mina[/name_f] is cute too. :slight_smile:

Yikes! That would not be a good comparison :frowning:

Although not uber meaningful, what about [name_f]Audra[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] Lange?

I like [name_f]Audra[/name_f], actually. It reminds me of the lovely opera singer [name_f]Audra[/name_f] [name_m]McDonald[/name_m]. Though I’d hate for you to use something with little meaning to you…