Thoughts on final (ish) name choices!

[name]Indigo[/name] [name]Belle[/name] for a girl
[name]Rafferty[/name] [name]Milo[/name] for a boy

My husband wants [name]Elwood[/name] [name]Rudy[/name] for a boy but I am not convinced!!

[name]Do[/name] they work as a sibset with big brother [name]Carter[/name] [name]Jack[/name]?

Thank you!

They are both much, much more uncommon and striking than [name]Carter[/name] [name]Jack[/name]. That can be perfectly fine, of course; taste evolves after all. But it might be difficult for one sibling to carry a maintsream name, including the ultra-popular boys’ name par excellence [name]Jack[/name], and the other to carry a much more unusual, refined name.

That being said I really like [name]Rafferty[/name] [name]Milo[/name]. It’s extremely handsome, very well-balanced, and distinguished. To be frank it comes off as much ‘posher’ than [name]Carter[/name] [name]Jack[/name].

[name]Indigo[/name] [name]Belle[/name] is in the opposite direction. It’s whimsical, a bit hippie, and a bit childish. Against the sold [name]Carter[/name] [name]Jack[/name], it looks even more insubstantial.

I’d say keep [name]Rafferty[/name] [name]Milo[/name] if you’re comfortable with the style split, but scrap [name]Indigo[/name] [name]Belle[/name]. If you’re drawn to that -o ending, you might think about something like [name]Margot[/name] [name]Belle[/name], [name]Marlowe[/name] [name]Belle[/name], [name]Willow[/name] [new middle name-- [name]Jane[/name], [name]Anne[/name], [name]Kate[/name]], or [name]Juno[/name] [new middle name].

Awww I love [name]Indigo[/name] [name]Belle[/name].

I would maybe suggest a one syllable middle name if you go with [name]Rafferty[/name]! I actually think [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Rafferty[/name] work well together, but [name]Carter[/name] [name]Jack[/name] is so succinct that I might do something like [name]Rafferty[/name] [name]James[/name] or something. As for [name]Indigo[/name], I don’t think it goes well with [name]Carter[/name] at all. [name]How[/name] about other color or nature inspired names such as [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Willow[/name], [name]Calla[/name], [name]Eden[/name], or [name]Laurel[/name]?? I think [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Laurel[/name] would be so cute! :slight_smile:

For a Girl:
I like Indigo and don’t mind it with Carter. But Indigo Belle just looks like Purple Bell to me. I love Belle as a mn so I’d suggest something like Minerva, Naomi, Tabitha or Merida. I kind of love Tabitha Belle.

For a Boy:
I really like Elwood with Carter. Not huge on Rudy and Milo might not be ideal with the o heavy Elwood.
I also like Rafferty but would find a classic nn to go with it. Maybe Hugh, Alex, Chris, or Dan.

Thank you for all your comments and suggestions, I have taken them all on board!

I think we will stick with [name]Rafferty[/name] and maybe consider a simpler mn, I agree it is a bit of a mouthful compared to my sons name!

[name]Indigo[/name] is going to be hard to let go of but I take your points and they are all things I was worried about myself, it’s funny that a lot of you have mentioned [name]Willow[/name] as a possible name, our son would have been [name]Willow[/name] had he been a girl and I still love this name. My only worry with it is that it’s 60 something most popular name in the UK, I know [name]Carter[/name] is popular in the US but in the UK it is only 260th or something so much less common that [name]Willow[/name]!

Ahh names are so hard! I do actually like [name]Laurel[/name], which was on our list but my husband wasn’t keen, maybe I will revisit that.

[name]Juno[/name] I also like but Husband not keen again, although we did both like [name]Luna[/name] but worried we will get comments like ‘Lunatic’!!

My sons name was so easy, [name]Carter[/name] was a name we both loved and also my nans maiden name and [name]Jack[/name] was my grandads middle name so it was an easy decision to make compared to this time round!

Good luck. [name]Laurel[/name] is very pretty, and [name]Luna[/name] is much more familiar nowadays, so the moon-related teasing should basically be nil.

You could do [name]Rafferty[/name] [name]Miles[/name] instead of [name]Milo[/name], that chops off a syllable.