Thoughts on Freydís?

Thoughts on the name Freydís? What boy/girl names would go well with it?
My personal favorites atm are Wolf (boy) and Twila (girl), but I would love hearing your suggestions! :blush:

2 Likes

[name_f]Freydis[/name_f] is intriguing

[name_m]Tor[/name_m], [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], [name_f]Idony[/name_f] and [name_f]Embla[/name_f] came to mind

2 Likes

I really like the name Freydís! It feels accessible and slightly familiar because of its similar beginning to Freya, yet has an outstanding sound and is very rare. So lovely.

Boy names that go with Freydís: Alder/Eldar, Alf, Fenrir, Loki, Magni, Odin, Ottar, [name_m]Thor[/name_m]

Girl names that go with Freydís: Ashild/Ishild, Asta, Astrilde, Dagmar, Eir/Eira/Eyre, Elfa, Nori, Saga, Salka, Signy, Sigrun, [name_m]Sindri[/name_m]

3 Likes

Oh my gosh, I love it so much!!

[name_f]Twila[/name_f] and [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] sound so great with Freydís. I also LOVE the idea of [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] (so just expanding on Wolf) and Inga. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

Some more ideas…

Girls
[name_f]Frida[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Johanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Marta[/name_f]
[name_f]Soley[/name_f]
[name_f]Lotte[/name_f]

Boys
[name_m]Gunnar[/name_m]
Reynir
[name_m]Audun[/name_m]
[name_m]Faraday[/name_m]

1 Like

Freydís is so nice! Immediately gender-neutral to me, and a beautiful alternative to Freya, Frida, etc. :slight_smile: I don’t have any suggestions at the moment but I love both [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] and [name_f]Twila[/name_f] with it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

That exactly why I love it! Also because according to legend, Freydís Eíriksdottír was a badass Viking warrior who showed no fear when facing the Native Americans!

Thanks for your suggestions! [name_f]Dagmar[/name_f] was already on my list, but I will be adding Ishild, [name_f]Eyre[/name_f] and Salka… :wink:
What are your thoughts on Skaldi?

Thank you :wink: [name_f]Johanna[/name_f] is also really lovely, but is a bit to similar to my sisters name [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] haha! I would definitely use [name_f]Inga[/name_f] as a middle name!