Thoughts on Gigi Hadid and Zayn's Daughter Name: Khai

What do you guys think of the name [name_u]Khai[/name_u] [name_m]Malik[/name_m]?
What do you think her middle name is?
Is [name_u]Khai[/name_u] unusual?

Personally, I love the name for [name_m]Zayn[/name_m]/Gigi’s baby! It is unusual, but easy to say. I would have never thought that they would name their little girl that however.

For my own child…I would not choose the name [name_u]Khai[/name_u]. If anything I would choose [name_u]Kai[/name_u] for a boy… (But thats only because of [name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_u]Parker[/name_u] from The Vampire Diaries.)

I just don’t find it to look very aesthetically pleasing, the -h paired with the -i ending really throws me off.

3 Likes

I never suspected that they would name her that! I think it’s a cute name they picked! I’ve heard her name is a tribute to [name_f]Gigi[/name_f]’s paternal grandmother named Khairiah.

2 Likes

I adore [name_u]Kai[/name_u] for a boy or girl, but the [name_u]Khai[/name_u] spelling doesn’t appeal to me.

1 Like

I think Khairiah would have been nicer

1 Like

Nothing wrong with it, it’s lovely, esp considering that it’s a derivative of an honour name. But when I first read [name_u]Khai[/name_u], I was like “Khal? Khal Drogo?” (GOT association)

1 Like

I agree with this

It’s a fun name though

2 Likes

I think it’s a very sweet choice and I love the meaning behind it. I was expecting something more WOW but I am not disappointed.

2 Likes

Gigi Hadid [name_u]Baby[/name_u] name
This topic has a lot of replies :wink:

1 Like

I heard that it could possibly be from [name_f]Bella[/name_f] Hadid’s middle name, Khair. I didn’t know about her grandmother’s name, but maybe that’s where [name_f]Bella[/name_f]’s middle name comes from??

Khai isn’t bad. If I saw it written I would assume that it was a boy named [name_u]Kai[/name_u] but the parents wanted to be different. I do like it more for them if it’s to honor family but it’s not something I would personally use.

1 Like

It’s fine to me! It’s kinda “cool girl” vibes which fits their style. I would assume [name_u]Khai[/name_u] is pronounced “[name_u]Kye[/name_u].”

1 Like

I thought they would pick something a bit more frilly looking? Something ending in A. Is it just pronounced like [name_u]Kai[/name_u]?

1 Like

I like it a lot for them! It’s short, strong, simple, with lots of pep — just like their names. I’ve seen lots of dislike of the H but that makes it a multiple-times family name on her side, and really fits with his heritage too. Clearly not something I’d choose, but for them I think it’s perfect!

I like it a lot for them. I wouldn’t have guessed it myself, but realistically the name was never going to be something like [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] or [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] (some guesses I saw). I think it’s nice that they honoured [name_f]Gigi[/name_f]’s grandma too.

1 Like

People keep saying they prefer [name_u]Kai[/name_u] etc. But I find that a really american centric / eurocentric view lol. It was an honour name from a name that does not conform to such tastes… I think we ought to remember cultural differences

3 Likes

NAF. :woman_shrugging:

I think it’s nice enough, but it feels very masculine to me (not necessarily a bad thing, just not my taste.)

1 Like