Thoughts on Grey?

I am due today with my second child. We are about 98 percent sure we are going to name him [name]Grey, but would love some feedback on the name.

Any thoughts are appreciated! :wink:

Iā€™m not crazy about [name]Grey[/name] (or [name]Grayson[/name] or Grayer or any other name with [name]Grey[/name] in it) becauseā€¦to be brutally honest, itā€™s a boring color. However, I will say that out of all the [name]Grey[/name] names I mentioned, just [name]Grey[/name] is the best. The other ones are trying too hard! And [name]Grey[/name] actually goes well with [name]Sullivan[/name]. Also, I think it goes well with [name]Porter[/name], too. Good luck with your delivery! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not a fan of [name]Grey[/name] because Iā€™m getting sick of hearing it, sorry, but itā€™s the ā€œnewā€ name and everyone is using it. My cousin is naming her baby [name]Greyson[/name]. It also reminds me of 50 Shades of [name]Gray[/name], which isnā€™t a very good connection to have in my opinion.

I also donā€™t think [name]Grey[/name] fits well with [name]Sullivan[/name]. [name]Sullivan[/name] is a nice name and it stands out. Itā€™s not as popular. [name]Grey[/name] is too trendy for me.

Some suggestions to go with [name]Sullivan[/name]:
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Trevor[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]

I love [name]Grey[/name]! I think it sounds distinguished, and smart. We are due in [name]March[/name] and if we have a boy he will be [name]Bennett[/name] [name]Grey[/name]! Good luck with your delivery!!

I love it, itā€™s a family name for me and I will probably use it the middle slot for a boy, especially since I went with a color name, [name]Violet[/name], in the middle spot for my daughter.

I really like [name]Grey[/name], in spite of it trending upward. I think [name]Grey[/name] and [name]Sullivan[/name] sound fabulous together, and I prefer the [name]Grey[/name] spelling to [name]Gray[/name]. And unlike some, I find grey to be a charming color! My favorite color, in fact, is charcoal. So much depth and interest in that color. [name]Grey[/name] is a great choice!

I second what tintri said! Good luck and welcome to little [name]Grey[/name]!

I like [name]Greyson[/name] better and you could call him [name]Grey[/name]. Either way seems pretty nice.

I third it! I think its a cool color and a sophisticated name.

110% tainted by [name]Christian[/name] [name]Grey[/name] in the Fifty Shades series.

I would never use it, ever. I much prefer [name]Greyson[/name].

[name]Love[/name], love, love [name]Grey[/name]/[name]Gray[/name]. [name]Grayson[/name] [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Jude[/name] nn [name]Gray[/name] is on my short list for a boy. I really hope 50 Shades of [name]Grey[/name] doesnā€™t ruin it! My only issue with [name]Grey[/name] [name]Porter[/name] is that it sounds very descriptive, like a gray porter. If youā€™re set on [name]Porter[/name], I would consider [name]Greyson[/name] [name]Porter[/name], nn [name]Grey[/name]. Or even [name]Graham[/name] [name]Porter[/name], nn [name]Grey[/name].

I think [name]Sullivan[/name] and [name]Grey[/name] are wonderful together, too!

All the best!

I prefer [name]Grayson[/name], with the nn [name]Gray[/name]. (I like it with the ā€˜aā€™ better.). And [name]Gray[/name] by itself seems incomplete. I do like the name, though!

I love [name]Grey[/name], despite the fact that it may be trending on nameberry [name]Grey[/name] has never been in the top 1000 in the last 100 years {SSA popularity lists}. I personally actually like the color grey a lot, I think it works for a boy. [name]Greyson[/name] on the other hand is trendy, in 1995 it was at 963 and now in 2011, itā€™s climbed to 200. I this [name]Grey[/name] can stand on itā€™s own, I love short names, especially for boys. I also prefer the spelling [name]Grey[/name] over [name]Gray[/name], to me Aā€™s are more feminine therefore [name]Grey[/name] is more appealing to me.

[name]Grey[/name] & [name]Sullivan[/name] are great together, good luck to you & congrats. :slight_smile:

I really like the name [name]Grey[/name], particularly spelled as such. I say go for it! Good luck!

I like [name]Grey[/name], but wouldnā€™t use it due to popularity and the boom of 50 Shades of [name]Grey[/name]. I would consider it in the middle though.

I love [name]Grey[/name], but 50 shades kind of ruins it for me.