Thoughts on Griffin James?

I used to have [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] on my list, but my husband is a Family [name_m]Guy[/name_m] fan and said that’s all he thinks of, so I reluctantly took it off my list. Well, this past weekend I was in the vet waiting room with a mother and her 5 year-old son named [name_m]Griffin[/name_m]. He was absolutely adorable and totally what I picture a future son of mine to look and act like - dirty blond hair and dressed like a little surfer dude. It made me fall in love with the name all over again. I actually first fell in love with the name when the show Party of 5 was on as [name_u]Nev[/name_u] [name_u]Campbell[/name_u]'s character’s boyfriend was [name_m]Griffin[/name_m].

I always wanted to kill two birds with one stone and use [name_u]Finn[/name_u] as a nickname because it’s another favorite of mine. Is that too obvious/lame if I use it as a nickname? I love [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] in its own right, so I wouldn’t use [name_u]Finn[/name_u] all the time; they would just be used interchangeably.

Also, is [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] seen too much as a trendy name like [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] or [name_u]Mason[/name_u]? I’m trying to steer clear of trendy/popular names, but all the ones I seem to like are gaining that trendy/popular vibe. Boy names are so much harder for me and I don’t feel my taste in boy names matches my taste in girl names all that well so it’s hard to find middle ground.

I absolutely adore this combo! [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is a fantastic name. Very handsome but yet adorable!
As far as [name_u]Finn[/name_u] goes, I think the nick name wold be fine as a family thing. I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t call him [name_u]Finn[/name_u] every once in a while. As I take it you don’t plan on it being like [name_m]Tim[/name_m] is for [name_m]Timothy[/name_m], just a nickname. I like it!!
I don’t think it’s too trendy either, it’s definitely not every day you hear of a kid named [name_m]Griffin[/name_m]. And I haven’t really seen it on anyone’s lists either.
Overall I’m a HUGE fan of [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]!

[name_m]Griffin[/name_m] ‘[name_u]Finn[/name_u]’ [name_u]James[/name_u] is a strong and spirited name – it’s great! I love the mythology surrounding [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] - gives it a great history and audacity, so no, I don’t see it as a trendy name at all.

[name_m]Griffin[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is a con on my list as well! :slight_smile: So I think it’s a great choice. [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] doesn’t feel overly trendy to me, but it does have a bit of a contemporary feel- in a good way. I also enjoy the idea of using the nickname [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. So cute!