Thoughts on Isadora?

I like [name]Dora[/name] better.

Okay, so it looks like [name]Dora[/name] is the prefered nickname, followed by [name]Isa[/name], and [name]Izzy[/name] and [name]Ora[/name] tied.

[name]Jill[/name], I didn’t notice the (“Is a door a violet?”), (“Is a door a pearl?”), et cetera! Thanks for pointing that out. It would sound kind of silly because a door is obviously not a lily! I think that I now like [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]May[/name] best, too.

Jakki, I suppose [name]Dora[/name] is much more simple, but a bit too short as a full name for me. I would use [name]Isadora[/name] out of the two for more nickname options.

Thanks for the replies!

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Izzy[/name] as a nn. :slight_smile:

You have some wonderful combos on your list and I love all the names, however, I felt that because [name]Isadora[/name] is such a fabulous, look at me name that her middles needed to be plainer.

[name]Isadora[/name] [name]Lucy[/name], Is delicious, quite the imp.

[name]Isadora[/name] [name]Celeste[/name], I am not as keen on this one now but [name]Celeste[/name] brings out the dreamy side of [name]Isadora[/name].

[name]Isadora[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], So sweet, beautifully feminine, it is almost too good not to use

[name]Isadora[/name] [name]May[/name] Here the full vintage thing kicks in and this is a great combo. I think that [name]May[/name] compliments [name]Isadora[/name] perfectly.

[name]Isadora[/name] [name]Jane[/name] I love the name [name]Jane[/name] and with [name]Isadora[/name] it is in its element, and if you think that [name]Isadora[/name] needs to be grounded a little then [name]Jane[/name] fits the bill.

[name]Isadora[/name] [name]Lily[/name], She is a beauty, full of flair and flounce, a real fashionista, very popular and I love the femininity of [name]Lily[/name] with the gorgeous [name]Isadora[/name].

I like these three name combos, but really I prefer the two combos more except for [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Clementine[/name].

[name]Isadora[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]

[name]Isadora[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Love[/name] this and if she had the honour of being Lady [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] it would be even better.

Now to nn’s names I know that everyone thinks that she should be ‘[name]Dora[/name]’ but for me [name]Dora[/name] makes her much plainer and unadventurous. Maybe “[name]Izzy[/name]” is the better option because this nn still has the pizzazz of [name]Isadora[/name]?

Of the two name combos [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Lily[/name] wins hands down followed by [name]Lucy[/name].

Wagnerem ([name]Eliza[/name], right?), that’s another vote for [name]Izzy[/name]!

[name]Rollo[/name] ([name]Caroline[/name]?), you’ve given me a lot to think about. Lady [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] sounds lovely =). I am quite fond of [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Lily[/name], and especially love how it looks written on paper. However, I do hear “Is a door a lily?” a little. I have the same issue with the other word names paired with [name]Isadora[/name]. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

[name]Hi[/name] again, everyone!

So far, I like [name]Cassia[/name] (Is it [name]CASH[/name]-uh or cah-see-uh for you?), [name]Aurelia[/name] (Does it remind you of areola?), and [name]Raphael[/name] as siblings. Can you please help come up with middle names?

From the combos with too middle names, I think my favorites are [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] and [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]May[/name]. From the combos with one middle name, I like [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Lily[/name]. However, I think I’d rather use two middles. Which one do you prefer?

Thanks!

[name]Aurelia[/name] is pronounced completely differently and doesn’t remind me of areola. :slight_smile:

http://www.forvo.com/word/aurelia/

[name]Aurelia[/name] is pronounced completely differently and doesn’t remind me of areola. :slight_smile:

http://www.forvo.com/word/aurelia/[/quote]
Thanks, [name]Eliza[/name]! :slight_smile:

I pronounce them differently, too, but a quite a few people (on different name boards) have mentioned that [name]Aurelia[/name] makes them think of areola!

Yea or nay? -YAY!!
Would you use the name [name]Isadora[/name]?- No. But Becquse I like other names more.
[name]Do[/name] you know an [name]Isadora[/name]?- Yes, one.
If so, do they like their name?- Yes. And she sometimes goes by [name]Izzy[/name] but usually just [name]Isadora[/name]
If not, can you picture it on a person?- Dark hair, tan skin. Like Italian or something. [name]Just[/name] my first image!
What characteristics would an [name]Isadora[/name] have?- [name]Silly[/name], outgoing, polite
What would an [name]Isadora[/name] look like?- oops already answered that!
Which middle names would you pair with [name]Isadora[/name]?- [name]Jayne[/name], [name]Louise[/name], [name]Anita[/name], [name]Paola[/name]
Siblings for [name]Isadora[/name]?- [name]Ari[/name], [name]Manon[/name], [name]Nadine[/name]
Is the connection with the tragic dancer [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Duncan[/name] too strong?- No, [name]Just[/name] as long as the last name isn’t too much like [name]Duncan[/name] you’ll be fine.

http://www.forvo.com/word/aurelia/[/quote]
Thanks, [name]Eliza[/name]! :slight_smile:

I pronounce them differently, too, but a quite a few people (on different name boards) have mentioned that [name]Aurelia[/name] makes them think of areola![/quote]

Very good memory with the [name]Eliza[/name]!!! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Isadora[/name] a lot. (PS: kids may think of the triplets [name]Isadora[/name], [name]Duncan[/name], and Quiggley Lemony Snicket, not dancers. [name]Just[/name] a warning.)

Yea or nay? -I say yes.

Would you use the name [name]Isadora[/name]?- Yes, This is the name we’ve chosen for our daughter due in [name]October[/name].

[name]Do[/name] you know an [name]Isadora[/name]?- No, I have never met one either.

If so, do they like their name?-

If not, can you picture it on a person?- I can, which is why we plan on using it.

What characteristics would an [name]Isadora[/name] have?- A sophisticated young lady with a bit of spunk.

What would an [name]Isadora[/name] look like?- Well, ours is guaranteed to have dark hair and I pretty much picture other Isadoras to as well.

Which middle names would you pair with [name]Isadora[/name]?- I really wanted to use [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Vivian[/name], [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Hope[/name], or [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. However, we are probably leaning the family route and will likely use [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Kay[/name] [name]Frances[/name] or [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Frances[/name] or [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Monet[/name]

Siblings for [name]Isadora[/name]?- Our other children are [name]Ekaterina[/name], [name]Octavian[/name], and [name]Zachariah[/name]

Is the connection with the tragic dancer [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Duncan[/name] too strong?- I don’t believe so. Reminds me of the necklace [name]Kate[/name] [name]Hudson[/name]'s character in [name]How[/name] To Lose a [name]Guy[/name] in 10 Days wears. It’s a gorgeous yellow diamond. It’s either named [name]Isadore[/name] or [name]Isadora[/name].

Oh, and I plan on using the nickname, [name]Isa[/name].

Absolutely love [name]Isadora[/name]. we considered it for our girlie nn [name]Dorie[/name]

It is nothing but beautiful and supreme name. It means “Gift of [name]Isis[/name]” who was said to be the best teacher of all time. She was an Egyptian [name]Goddess[/name] who was all about love and wisdom. To be blessed by [name]Isis[/name] would be an ultimate gift! And I love [name]Dora[/name] as a nickname. It is very elegant and timeless. And kids may not even know about [name]Dora[/name] explorer later!

Would you use the name [name]Isadora[/name]?
Definitely!
[name]Do[/name] you know an [name]Isadora[/name]?
Nope.
If so, do they like their name?
N/A.
If not, can you picture it on a person?
Yep!
What characteristics would an [name]Isadora[/name] have?
I think an [name]Isadora[/name] will be a quite, possibly shy girl with a very strong opinion about anything. And she loves reading.
What would an [name]Isadora[/name] look like?
[name]Brown[/name] or red hair springs to mind. And freckles. [name]Green[/name] or hazel eyes.
Which middle names would you pair with [name]Isadora[/name]?
I have [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Edith[/name] [name]Belle[/name] on my list.
Siblings for [name]Isadora[/name]?
Hmm, maybe [name]Felix[/name], [name]Octavia[/name], [name]Chester[/name] or [name]Florence[/name].
Is the connection with the tragic dancer [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Duncan[/name] too strong?
I don’t think so, no.

Yea or nay? Yes.
Would you use the name [name]Isadora[/name]? No. Although i do like [name]Isadora[/name], I’d be more inclined to use something quite a bit quirkier, like [name]Isis[/name].
[name]Do[/name] you know an [name]Isadora[/name]? No.
If not, can you picture it on a person? Yeah, I can.
What characteristics would an [name]Isadora[/name] have? She’d be traditional, grounded and down-to-[name]Earth[/name].
What would an [name]Isadora[/name] look like? I picture her to have brown or red hair, blue eyes, wears glasses and pale-skinned.
Which middle names would you pair with [name]Isadora[/name]? [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Blythe[/name], [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Emily[/name] or [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Sofie[/name].
Siblings for [name]Isadora[/name]? [name]Eloisa[/name], [name]Jessamine[/name], [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Miriam[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Elisabeth[/name]
Is the connection with the tragic dancer [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Duncan[/name] too strong? I haven’t any idea as to who [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Duncan[/name] is…

Would you use the name [name]Isadora[/name]?
Probably, as it’s on my long list.
[name]Do[/name] you know an [name]Isadora[/name]?
Sorry, but no.
If not, can you picture it on a person?
Absolutely!
What characteristics would an [name]Isadora[/name] have?
Determination, grace, creativity.
What would an [name]Isadora[/name] look like?
Dark hair, green or hazel eyes, fair skin, petite, a dancer’s build.
Which middle names would you pair with [name]Isadora[/name]?
Something simple yet feminine, like [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]May[/name], etc.
Siblings for [name]Isadora[/name]?
[name]Audrey[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Elena[/name]/[name]Helena[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Rosalind[/name]/[name]Rosaline[/name], [name]Cornelius[/name], [name]Maximilian[/name], [name]Phineas[/name], [name]Raphael[/name], [name]Roman[/name]

I remember a UK children’s programme called Wizadora. I think the lyrics to the theme tune went:

Wizadora,
We adore her,
Doing things in her very special way,

Wizadora,
Nothing surer,
You’re the one that can brighten up our day!

I think of that with [name]Isadora[/name], but it’s not a bad association - it makes me smile. I don’t think many people will remember this reference anyway, just thought I’d share.

Yea or nay? YAY!

Would you use the name [name]Isadora[/name]? Absolutely! It’s in my top ten and I have it as a middle name for one of my favorite combos

[name]Do[/name] you know an [name]Isadora[/name]? Nope

If so, do they like their name? n/a

If not, can you picture it on a person? Absolutely again.

What characteristics would an [name]Isadora[/name] have? Passionate, perhaps a bit of an introvert and offbeat but lovely.

What would an [name]Isadora[/name] look like? Distinctive hair (long and dark, but I could see her also a redhead), tall build. Maybe I’m thinking more of [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Duncan[/name] but I am a dancer, so I would.

Which middle names would you pair with [name]Isadora[/name]? I like the look of [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Kaye[/name], something a bit light and whimsical but more well-known to offset the perhaps more serious and heavy and unknown name of [name]Isadora[/name]. I also like [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Isadora[/name].

Siblings for [name]Isadora[/name]? Other names I like: [name]Arthur[/name], [name]Demetra[/name], [name]Cassandra[/name], [name]Marina[/name], [name]Jerome[/name], [name]Halcyon[/name].

Is the connection with the tragic dancer [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Duncan[/name] too strong? I don’t think most people would recognize the connection but my friends might think of her.