Thoughts on Jospehine..

I have a huge soft spot for this name, I would like to consider it as an option in the future but a part of me feels that it sounds a bit dated?

Thoughts?

Oops spelt it wrong in the title. I meant Josephine. Sorry.

It’s a good name! It is vintage but to me it doesn’t feel dated at all.

I like it and old fashioned is coming back.

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f]

I once met a woman named [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]

I love the name [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]! I definitely wouldn’t consider it dated. In 2013, it was #160 and before that, it was slowly rising in the charts.

Here’s the rankings for the last 15 years:
2013 - 160
2012 - 160
2011 - 182
2010 - 185
2009 - 201
2008 - 208
2007 - 223
2006 - 220
2005 - 229
2004 - 242
2003 - 258
2002 - 264
2001 - 275
2000 - 288
1999 - 311

I don’t find [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] dated at all – she’s having a come back! Plus, [name_u]Josie[/name_u] is an adorable nn if you are going for one.

I don’t find it dated either. I love the name [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u] / [name_u]Josie[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]!

I also have a soft spot for this name. Growing up, my grandfather called all his granddaughters [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] as a nickname. Couldn’t tell you why, but he did. I’ve long thought of trying to use it, but I can’t. I dislike both [name_u]Josie[/name_u] and [name_u]Joey[/name_u] as nicknames and just find the name a little too clunky and outdated for my tastes. It’s never been one of those “revival” worthy names in my mind, even though it has very sentimental feelings with me.

I love [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], it was on my long list before my sister named her daughter [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] nn [name_u]Josie[/name_u]. and she is the sweetest cheeked, darling girl I’ve ever met. Such a soft, sweet temperament with not a mean bone in her body. It’s a great namesake :slight_smile: