Thoughts on Judy?

What do you think of this name?

I usually don’t like nickname names, but I’m not sure how I feel about [name_f]Judith[/name_f]. I know this is a classic name, but it’s far more unique than any other names I’m considering. Any thoughts?

1 Like

It’s a fairly classic, short nickname name for me. I prefer it over [name_f]Judith[/name_f], although in total I’d choose something like [name_u]Julie[/name_u] over [name_f]Judy[/name_f].

1 Like

I think [name_f]Judy[/name_f] is very sweet! I do like [name_f]Judith[/name_f], but I think I prefer [name_f]Judy[/name_f] (and it sounds like you might, too), so maybe in this case a nickname name would be better.

1 Like

I dont love either name, but I prefer [name_f]Judy[/name_f]. It has more energy and playfulness! It reminds me of [name_f]Judy[/name_f] from Zootopia, who is a good character overall.

1 Like

I kind of like it. There’s something cute but punchy about it

1 Like

I still see [name_f]Judy[/name_f] as a bit dusty, but due for revival soon. I like similar [name_f]Trudy[/name_f] and [name_u]Julie[/name_u].

2 Likes

It feels overused and harsh, to me.

1 Like

I’d probably be inclined to think it was short for [name_f]Judith[/name_f] to be honest?
How do you feel about [name_u]Jodie[/name_u]? That’s a stand alone name and I think it’s a bit prettier.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Judy[/name_f] is cute! It feels like a good alternative to the more popular [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u].

1 Like

I think I prefer [name_f]Judith[/name_f] to [name_f]Judy[/name_f]. I still see [name_f]Judy[/name_f] as dated.

3 Likes

I think [name_f]Judy[/name_f] would be a cute and unique choice.

1 Like

Judy reminds me of [name_f]Judy[/name_f] [name_f]Blume[/name_f] which I think is positive. Then, there’s also [name_m]Judge[/name_m] [name_f]Judy[/name_f] haha! It’s strong, short, easy to spell/pronounce, not frilly. [name_f]Judith[/name_f] sounds super formal to me so I’m not a fan.

1 Like

I think of [name_m]Judge[/name_m] [name_f]Judy[/name_f] for some reason.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Judy[/name_f]. Not for me, but it’s cute. I think of the rabbit in Zootopia (I loved her lol).

1 Like

I think it could be cute on a little girl.

1 Like

That’s my mom’s name! Though it’s short for Judeth, and she doesn’t like her name. Though for me personally, I do like [name_f]Judy[/name_f], but I wouldn’t personally use it.

1 Like