Thoughts on Juli- names

I never used to like them because where I live, it seems all of my friends’ mums are called [name_u]Julie[/name_u]. It’s such a common, typical mum name where I live so it just felt dated.

However, I have now fallen in love with [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_u]Julianne[/name_u] and [name_f]Juliana[/name_f]. To add, I don’t like the nickname [name_u]Jules[/name_u] but I may warm up to it given it’s a pretty standard nickname for [name_u]Juli[/name_u]- names and therefore inevitable.

The only [name_u]Juli[/name_u]- name I really can’t tolerate is [name_u]Julie[/name_u] because of the mum association, but I am warming up to [name_f]Julia[/name_f]. It seems fresher than [name_u]Julie[/name_u].

What are your thoughts on [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_u]Julianne[/name_u] and [name_f]Juliana[/name_f]? [name_m]How[/name_m] would you order them from your favourite to least favourite? I have loved [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] the longest but I think she ties with [name_u]Julianne[/name_u] as my favourite, and [name_f]Juliana[/name_f] my second favourite.

Fave to least fave:

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_u]Julianne[/name_u]
[name_f]Juliana[/name_f]

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is such an incredibly name. I really love it. Iam neutral on [name_u]Julianne[/name_u] and [name_f]Juliana[/name_f] but i can appreciate them.

I have taught plenty of young and middle school aged [name_m]Julias[/name_m]. It’s a beautiful name (and name to build off of.) All of the [name_f]Julia[/name_f] variations are fantastic, and it’s a classic name rather than a dated one.

Dated would be [name_f]Susan[/name_f], [name_f]Barbara[/name_f], [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f], [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]…

I love [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Julia[/name_f]. I actually really like [name_u]Julie[/name_u].

Thanks for the feedback.

And with the dated question, it completely depends on where you’re from I suppose. Where I live, [name_u]Julie[/name_u] falls under the dated category with [name_f]Tina[/name_f], [name_f]Sharon[/name_f], [name_f]Sue[/name_f]… All of them are mum names and I have never come across one of them who was under the age of 40.

What do you think of [name_u]Julianne[/name_u]? I never paid attention to her much before I watched [name_u]Julianne[/name_u] [name_m]Hough[/name_m] on Grease Live.

I totally get what you mean with [name_u]Julie[/name_u] being a “mom name”. I lived in Nebraska a couple years back, and I met a few 40+ moms named [name_u]Julie[/name_u]. However, in my country, [name_u]Julie[/name_u] is one of the more popular names given to little girls. I know a four year old with the name, so I don’t dislike it.

I absolutely [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the name [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]! I might be a little biased, seeing as [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] & [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is one of my favorite plays, but to me, [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is such a sweet and classic girls name. I also quite like [name_f]Julietta[/name_f] or the Italian version [name_f]Giulietta[/name_f].
[name_u]Julianne[/name_u] is a great name as well, although I prefer the spelling [name_f]Julienne[/name_f]. [name_f]Juliana[/name_f] is not really my cup of tea, but it is a nice name and you could use the nn [name_f]Ana[/name_f]!

[name_u]Julie[/name_u] and [name_u]Julianne[/name_u] both feel dated to me. I would put [name_u]Julie[/name_u] in the mom name category as well, verging on grandma name. [name_u]Julianne[/name_u] just feels very 1980s cheerleader to me, although I’m not quite sure why?

Personally, I think [name_f]Julia[/name_f] is the best of the lot. It has a classic and sophisticated feel. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliana[/name_f] are nice enough, just not quite my style. My university has a decent number of Brazilian exchange students, and it seems like half of the girls are named [name_f]Juliana[/name_f]. So I think that takes some of the sparkle away too? I dunno, I’m rambling now.

[name_f]Giulia[/name_f]
[name_f]Julitte[/name_f]

I totally agree with you on the [name_u]Julie[/name_u] thing. Not quite a mom name where I am, but it seemed like every other girl I grew up with was [name_u]Julie[/name_u], so nearly there.

However, I love [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Julia[/name_f]! They seem so much fresher than [name_u]Julie[/name_u] for some reason. I also really like [name_u]Julianne[/name_u], but feel like it’s more likely to fall victim to the [name_u]Julie[/name_u]/[name_u]Jules[/name_u] nickname (although I actually quite like [name_u]Jules[/name_u], too). [name_f]Juliana[/name_f] is my least favorite of the options, but it is pretty.

I think that it will get shortened to julie no matter which long version you go with. I’ve never been a fan of any of them as I do find them dated. I have an Aunt [name_u]Julie[/name_u]. That being said, [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is probably the best one, but I find it a little clunky (and [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m]'s [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] isn’t necessarily the best namesake).