Thoughts on Kelas on a boy

I was looking at some stuff from the star trek fandom and this name popped up, And I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since. It’s very different from my usual style but I think it has this sort of rugged vibe that I just love. What are your thoughts on it?

Is it an invented name? It’s lovely to look at written! Is it pronounced Kay-las (Kay rhyming with bay) or Kel-as or other? A Google told me that it’s an Indonesian word for class, which is a neutral association if you’re in a country where it isn’t used, I think.

1 Like

Kelas is intriguing - I quite like the sounds

1 Like

It looks and (probably) sounds fantastic. I immediately thought of the Kellas cat, which is half myth and half science. The animal itself is named after a village in [name_u]Scotland[/name_u], so there would be a legitimate place name with a reference for pronunciation.

1 Like

It’s a name from the star trek books apparently. I’m not sure how it’s pronounced I haven’t been able find any pronunciations. I pronounce it like Kee-LASS. I feel like laying stress on the last syllable is kind of part of my indian acccent. I actually quite like the sound of Kay-las.

1 Like

I actually really this! I instinctively pronounce it as KEHL-as. It reminds me of [name_u]Killian[/name_u], [name_m]Kellen[/name_m], [name_m]Kallum[/name_m], etc but doesn’t blend in completely to feel like another version. I think it’s sounds very nice and grounded with a little bit of edge

1 Like

I would say this as KEE-liss in [name_f]English[/name_f].

1 Like

I really like the look of Kelas but the way I instinctively pronounce it sounds a lot like callus.

1 Like