Thoughts on “Lars”?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] friends!

We’ve been struggling to find baby boy names, one that we’ve liked from family trees is “[name_m]Lars[/name_m]” - my husbands mom is Swedish, so it’s in that branch of the tree. We also have an Italian sounding last name as my husband’s father is Italian. Which prompts two questions:

1. What do you think of the name “[name_m]Lars[/name_m]”? What are your overall impressions?

2. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it’s weird to pair a Scandanvian first name with an Italian last name?

Thank you a million times!
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]

1 Like

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Lars[/name_m]! I plan to use it as a NN for [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] if I get to use that name someday.
I don’t think it is too weird. It gives more culture richness. As it is a family name it has significance. [name_f]Remember[/name_f] that Hubby passes down his family name via surname so may as well get you in there by using a family tree name :smiley:

[name_m]Lars[/name_m] is a wonderful name!
It has a unique sound and is very underused.
I don’t think it’d be weird for a [name_m]Lars[/name_m] to have an Italian surname, I’d just assume the parents were multicultural which is the case here.

I love the name [name_m]Lars[/name_m]!

I love [name_m]Lars[/name_m]! It’s both soft and strong, which I think is a great combination. I also think it’s fine to have a Scandinavian first and an Italian last name. People from all cultures have been having kids with people from other cultures, and I think by this day and age, having a multicultural name is pretty common, especially if you live in [name_u]North[/name_u] [name_u]America[/name_u].

Thanks so much for all the positive thoughts, everyone!

[name_m]Lars[/name_m] has been my absolute favorite name since I was 11! So I think it is an awesome name. I find it very hard to find a name that I love as much as [name_m]Lars[/name_m].

So funny because I was literally just about to post looking for Swedish names. I think [name_m]Lars[/name_m] is great. I think it think a Swedish name with an Italian surname brings depth. I used a german name with a very Spanish last name…and i plan to go Scandinavian this round

I’m afraid I don’t like [name_m]Lars[/name_m] at all. It’s one of these names that I just don’t find attractive. It sounds kinda abrupt and unpleasant to my ears, but then I’m not Scandinavian and I don’t speak Swedish.

I don’t think it would be weird for [name_m]Lars[/name_m] to have an Italian last name, though.

I used to not care for the name [name_m]Lars[/name_m], but the [name_m]Steven[/name_m] Universe character made me pull a complete 180, and now I love it! The character’s arc is amazing - he starts out as one of those people who is trying painfully hard to be one of the cool kids and kind of acts like a jerk to his friends, but over the course of the series, he becomes so selfless, confident, and courageous. It’s a beautiful story!

It reminds me of Twister’s mean older brother, [name_m]Lars[/name_m] [name_m]Rodriguez[/name_m], on [name_u]Rocket[/name_u] [name_u]Power[/name_u]. It also rhymes with [name_u]Mars[/name_u].

I love [name_m]Lars[/name_m]! I was unaware of it until recently. There’s a great children’s series of books called “The [name_m]Little[/name_m] Polar Bear” by [name_m]Hans[/name_m] De Beer. The polar bear’s name is [name_m]Lars[/name_m] :polar_bear::blue_heart: