Thoughts on Leland?

[name]Just[/name] wondering what people think of the name [name]Leland[/name]? What’s your initial reaction? What sort of person/personality do you picture? [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Leo[/name] would be too much of a stretch for a nickname?

I really like [name]Leland[/name]. I imagine [name]Leland[/name] as being a friendly guy with blonde hair and green eyes. For some reason I’d expect him to play an instrument.

I don’t understand [name]Leland[/name] nn [name]Leo[/name]. [name]Leo[/name] is two syllables like [name]Leland[/name], so it feels pointless.

[name]Leland[/name] strikes me as a nice guy, probably blond and good looking. However I don’t associate it with a very masculine male, to me [name]Leland[/name] is slender and not very athletic. I don’t think leo would work as a NN but why not use it as a first name? what about the name [name]Leon[/name]?

I really like [name]Leland[/name], and I picture a [name]Leland[/name] as intelligent with a dry sense of humor.

[name]Leland[/name] nn [name]Leo[/name] is not intuitive, but I think it would be fine for occasional use.

Thanks, all. I haven’t pitched [name]Leland[/name] to DH yet. I’m trying to think of a way to make [name]Leland[/name] immediately appealing to him (he is picky). Friendly, intelligent, nice are all good. I know he likes [name]Leo[/name], hence the possible nn. I’m not completely sold on [name]Leo[/name] though. I like the name, but I think it’s going to get pretty popular. [name]Leon[/name], [name]Leopold[/name], [name]Leonardo[/name], [name]Lionel[/name] are not especially appealing to me either. They seem a little too clunky. I came across [name]Leland[/name] and thought it could work. Fingers crossed!

[name]Leland[/name] Stottlemeyer, from Monk

[name]Leo[/name] is a stretch. Maybe if you used an “O” mn

Oh, that’s a good idea! Unfortunately, the middle name is set - [name]Garland[/name] (family name). [name]Just[/name] as I typed that I realized how similar [name]Leland[/name] and [name]Garland[/name] are. Wow. That will just not work. Back to the drawing board. :frowning:

BUT if we somehow have two sons (gulp), [name]Leland[/name] [name]Owen[/name] ([name]Owen[/name] is another family name) will be a strong contender! Thanks again, everyone!