Thoughts on Linnaea Greer?

We’re expecting our first baby-a little girl! We both love the name [name_f]Linnaea[/name_f] [name_f]Greer[/name_f] but are wondering if it’s a little too much. We have a fairly basic last name so we feel like we can be a little more creative with the first and middle names. Thoughts??

I think [name_f]Linnaea[/name_f] [name_f]Greer[/name_f] is a lovely name! The only thing that’s a bit much, imho, is the spelling. I think [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] might be easier. But, overall, the name does not feel like ‘too much’; it’s a great choice – unexpected, even unique, but not weird or over-the-top. I really like the sound of it! :slight_smile:

I also the like name! However, I agree with PP. I love [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]! and think it’s unique enough of a name that it doesn’t need a unique spelling to stand out. I also like [name_f]Greer[/name_f] but if you aren’t sold yet here are more combos:

[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Briar[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Briar[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Isabeau[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_u]Mercer[/name_u]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_u]Blakely[/name_u]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmin[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Corrine[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Novalie[/name_f]

[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Greer[/name_f] would look tidier but [name_f]Linnaea[/name_f] [name_f]Greer[/name_f] soubds brilliant and unexpected

[name_f]Linnaea[/name_f] [name_f]Greer[/name_f] is so brilliantly unexpected. I like it a lot.

I do enjoy this spelling of [name_f]Linnaea[/name_f] and though I’m not a great fan of [name_f]Greer[/name_f], I think it works wonderfully to ground this as a combo, balancing things out really well.

It is lovely and I have to agree with the pp’s much preferring the [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] spelling. [name_u]Unique[/name_u] spellings only cause inconvenience for her when she has to always correct others, [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Linnaea[/name_f] [name_f]Greer[/name_f] is lovely. Not sure about the [name_f]Linnaea[/name_f] spelling - is this a regular spelling of the name?

[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Greer[/name_f] is amazing!

I really like [name_f]Linnaea[/name_f], though do prefer the simplified spelling [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]. It’s a beautiful, Scandi-chic name. [name_f]Greer[/name_f] isn’t really my style but I think the combination flows well.

I agree that [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Greer[/name_f] looks better on paper, but as a combo I think it’s fantastic. I love [name_f]Linnea[/name_f], it’s great to see it getting some use!

I’ll be honest… I don’t like [name_f]Linnaea[/name_f], or [name_f]Greer[/name_f]. Both of these sound too harsh to me, something like [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Greer[/name_f] or [name_f]Linnaea[/name_f]/[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] would be more balanced imo - a strong name with a soft name.
And [name_f]Linnaea[/name_f] [name_f]Greer[/name_f] does seem like “too much” to me, like “trying too hard to be different”. Please do consider your daughter will have to spell her name countless times in school and her everyday life, due to it being so uncommon.

I agree regarding the spelling, [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] is much simpler. I love it though, and whilst I don’t really see the appeal of [name_f]Greer[/name_f] it does sound lovely and unexpected with [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]/[name_f]Linnaea[/name_f].