Thoughts on Lively

DH ands I are browsing names and came across Lively (In Beyond [name]Madison[/name] & [name]Montana[/name]).

We’re actually kind of charmed by it. You could call her [name]Liv[/name] for short. Nice alternative to [name]Olivia[/name].

We’re not attached, though, by any means. So we just wanted your uncensored opinions. Go!

I’m meh on Lively. It’s really cute and has a fantastic meaning, but I worry about it growing into adulthood well. It would be a fantastic middle name or nickname for [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Livia[/name], [name]Olive[/name]…

I agree it could be cute on a child but could you imagine Lively on an old lady or a professional, like a judge? I can’t. Plus I think of the actress [name]Blake[/name] Lively.

I can’t see Lively aging well at all. Can you imagine a teenager named Lively or a thirty-two-year-old named Lively? What if your daughter isn’t lively at all? Adjectives do not make good names.

I’m in agreement with the above posters. Lively [name]Olivia[/name] is just too much of the same sound to me. Also, it seems too much like an adjective. Perhaps you’d like the name [name]Everly[/name], nicknamed [name]Evie[/name] (pronounced Eh-vee)? It seems similar in style to Lively, but has a little more name-ish quality to it.

I actually kind of like it…Although maybe as a middle name because I agree with the point about her personality potentially not being lively! Or maybe as a first name with a useable middle name so you can change to suit?

LOL, garnet. I certainly was not considering Lively [name]Olivia[/name] as a name. I thought Lively could be a nice alternative to [name]Olivia[/name].

You guys concerns were the same as ours, especially the name not matching the personality. I have Narcolepsy, and am therefore certainly not ‘lively’. Maybe it was just wishful thinking that my child would not have the same affliction.

Thanks for the responses!

Lively is pretty awesome, I think. I love names that are unique though and I love the nn [name]Liv[/name]! That’s my daughter’s nn too :slight_smile:

I like it! I think [name]Liv[/name] is a very sophisticated name so it makes Lively work.

I feel like Lively might be a bad name for a young woman/ teen because I could hear in my head boys saying “lively” and have it mean something more like frisky/fast.

This would also be a bad name in case your daughter turned out to be a more sedate and serious person. Like a quiet [name]Gabby[/name] or a firecracker named [name]Paz[/name].

Perhaps as a middle name, but not as a first. Too much teasing potential, and I don’t see it aging well. [name]Liv[/name] is great on its own, however.