Thoughts on Louisa??

I have went through so many names, I can not remember if I went over [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] :). Last night [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] crept into my mind, and there she has stayed :slight_smile: [name_m]Just[/name_m] wondering your thoughts… is [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] classic? Feminine? Elegant? I am not so sure she meets any type of Southern criteria but I could be wrong? Closest in age sisters are: [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]-[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Serena[/name_f]. I love so much about [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], but I am not sure she is matching the “frilliness” quality of my other girls?? which of these do you prefer?? (I can rearrange middles, but [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] must stay)

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]??? Or STILL [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]???

Hello joyfulmom I think both names are lovely but [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is the stronger of the two combos. I also think [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is a better match with your surname but as for matching with your younger girls [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is perfect and the nn of [name_u]Lou[/name_u] is very cute.

rollo

I adore the name [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]! I do think you need to break the symmetry of [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] with the brief clean [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. I also love [name_f]Caroline[/name_f].

I really like the name [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and would be considering it if surname didn’t begin with A! I think it’s very feminine and plenty frilly. I do like the combination of [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] on it’s own but [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] work very nicely too.

I like the name [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], and I love the nn [name_u]Lou[/name_u].

I like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] better if you pronounce it [name_u]Lou[/name_u]-Eye-Zuh. The “wheeze” in the middle of the other pn. is not pretty to me in the same vein as your other names. Congrats on your new girlie!!!

I really like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], though I slightly prefer [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is definitely the spunkier, more classic choice.

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is definitely a keeper. It’s an underused classic feminization that hasn’t even shown up in the top 1000 in awhile. It’s very close to the perfect classic. My only concern is that I would not pair it with [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] or any -a ending name since it would sound redundant even if it is a second middle name.

Thank you all so much for your input :slight_smile: alas, it seems that for hubby there still is no name that holds a candle to [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]…

Also, upon further inspection, [name_m]Rollo[/name_m] is right… With our last name, [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] isn’t as smooth of a pairing… But oh how I love [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], she goes on my short list for sure!