Thoughts on Mae?

I really love the name [name_f]Mae[/name_f]. Not [name_f]May[/name_f] because I don’t mean the month but I think [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is beautiful. Are there any bad connotations I don’t know about? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think that it’s too short to be a first name? What are your opinions on the name?

Thank you.

[name_f]Mae[/name_f] is a very beautiful name. I love it as a mn, but mostly because I like short middles and longer firsts, not opposite. One of my friends has that name, but hers is spelled Mey. Fits her very well and it is pretty!

I love short names so I don’t think the length is a problem at all. With the “[name_f]Mae[/name_f]” spelling, there is still the sultry [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_u]West[/name_u] connotation to a certain extent I think, but that reference is probably fading.

I love [name_f]Mae[/name_f]. It’s always been on my list as a middle but recently I’ve been thinking of it for a fn as well. I can’t think of any negative connotations or associations with the name.

I like it, it’s sweet yet versatile and doesn’t feel out of place on an adult.
Personally, I prefer [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] nn [name_f]Mae[/name_f] but I definitely think it can stand on it’s own.

[name_f]Mae[/name_f] is one of my sweet-spot names, I think it is beautiful and well-suited for a girl of any age. As for the [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_u]West[/name_u] thing, I’m 16 and had to google who she was, so I think for a child being born today it would not be an issue.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Mae[/name_f] a lot. I don’t think it’s too short to be a full name. The [name_f]Mae[/name_f] spelling still has the spring connotation to me but it’s more namey. I know a 4 year old [name_f]Mae[/name_f], one in her 20s, and one in her 80s, and they all wear it well. I think the one in her 20s is [name_f]Megan[/name_f] nn [name_f]Mae[/name_f]. I guess [name_f]Sallie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Fannie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] are sort of negative, but as long as you don’t use those combos I think it’s fine.

I think [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is lovely! I also love [name_f]May[/name_f] & [name_f]Mei[/name_f]. [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] nn [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is my favorite as far as [name_f]Mae[/name_f] as a nickname

I think it is a lovely short and sweet name. It is a very versatile name, and easily recognizable without being overly popular.