thoughts on Merrigan?

DH and I have still not agreed on a name for this little girl. The only things we agree on is that it will start with M and her middle name will be [name]Frances[/name]. For the last couple of days, I have had [name]Merrigan[/name] stuck in my head, but I’m not sure it’s because I like it. Any thoughts on this name?

[name]Merrigan[/name] is ok. But I just can’t picture calling a little girl ‘[name]Merrigan[/name]!’… in fact, I think it sounds very harsh and medieval almost…haha

I’m not a huge fan… [name]May[/name] I suggest [name]Merritt[/name]? which I consider similar to [name]Merrigan[/name], in sound and style, kind of.
[name]Merritt[/name] [name]Frances[/name] sounds beautiful to me!

To be honest, when I first saw it, I thought it was a made-up name. If you’re looking for names with similar meanings (sea), I would suggest [name]Maren[/name] or [name]Marina[/name].

I like [name]Morrigan[/name], though its rather caught up in mythology. And I like [name]Morgana[/name] and [name]Morwenna[/name].

But [name]Merrigan[/name] just doesn’t work for me, though I like [name]Meredith[/name].

[name]Merrigan[/name] sounds a little hard for a girl. What about Merriam or [name]Mariam[/name]?

I don’t like it at all. It sounds made up and masculine.

Some M names:
[name]Maren[/name]
[name]Mila[/name] (Me-luh)
[name]Maia[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Melody[/name]
[name]Mara[/name]
[name]Mina[/name]
[name]Mira[/name]
[name]Marlo[/name]
[name]Magdalena[/name]
[name]Maleah[/name]
[name]Mirabella[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Millie[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Myra[/name]
[name]Mora[/name]

I thought it was a typo for Perrigan which i think is cute. But i don’t like [name]Merrigan[/name] at all. [name]How[/name] do you feel about [name]Melody[/name]?

It sounds like an evil super villain name to me. Sort of an alternative to [name]Kerrigan[/name] or Morrighan.

The first thing I think of is that someone has mispelt ‘[name]Morrigan[/name]’ which is an Irish name/variant of [name]Morgan/name and an Irish goddess in myth and legend, it’s sweet though and trust me I’ve come across worse names, it’s actual not a bad name at all

I know a 6th grader named [name]Merrigan[/name]. She loves it (I love it!) and she gets complements all the time. I think it is really cute and fun!

Hmmm… so for the most part it is a no. I think that the biggest reason I was drawn to it is the beginning because all of the other Mer-sounding names have been vetoed by DH. Gotta keep looking. I’m sure eventually we’ll agree to something

I actually don’t mind it, it does sound very harsh and masculine for a little girl and it doesn’t sound very nice with [name]Madelaine[/name] and [name]Micah[/name], which are both gorgeous!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Merida[/name] or Merrida?

I like it. I think it gives you the nickname [name]Merri[/name] which is sweet. I also like Megrid and [name]Margrid[/name].

I honestly feel like [name]Merrigan[/name] is one of those names that was formerly acceptable for boys , but now is obscure. I couldn’t say why that is just what it reminds me of. You could try [name]Merrilee[/name] or Merridey, I know little girls with both of those names. That said I like simple [name]Meredith[/name] better.

Made up or not, I like it! I think it is classy and unique. I saw a suggestion of Merrit, though, and I thought that suggestion was lovely, as well. My other suggestions would be [name]Millicent[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]