Thoughts on my favourites list?

[name]Rosaleen[/name_f] / [name]Rosie[/name_f] / [name]Rosa[/name_f]
[name]Leanne[/name_f] / [name]Lian[/name_f] (pronounced the same) / [name]Lien[/name_f]
[name]Loretta[/name_f]
[name]Adaline[/name_f]
[name]Leta[/name_f]
[name]Coretta[/name_f]
[name]Coralie[/name_f] (nn [name]Coral[/name_f])
[name]Harleen[/name_f] / [name]Harley[/name]
[name]Kathleen[/name_f]
[name]Merida[/name_f]
[name]Jade[/name_f]
[name]Antonia[/name_f]
[name]Crescent[/name_f] / [name]Cressida[/name_f]
[name]Brynn[/name_f]
[name]Marie[/name_f]
[name]Marina[/name_f]
[name]Mira[/name_f]

I also think the name [name]Marionette[/name_f] (a [name_u]French[/name_u] term for ‘puppet’) has a lovely sound, but I’m afraid the meaning will be too much of a negative background to use it in real life.

What’re your thoughts on the subject, and the names above?

2 Likes

love kathleen, brynn, marie & marina!!

I’m fond of a [name_f]Mar[/name_f] name and an ette ending so Marionette sounds lovely to me, but I can’t really comment on it’s usability since I don’t really understand the history of Marionette in [name_f]France[/name_f]. Most of your names are right up my street :smiley:

[name_f]Rosaleen[/name_f] is lovely! I haven’t heard of [name_f]Harleen[/name_f] before it may be a bit too reminiscent of harem for me

It’s great to see another fan of [name_f]Merida[/name_f] on here! It’s a beautiful, strong name IMO :blush:

I think all your names are lovely individually and together! They fit together so well !

Some of my favourites
[name_f]Adaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]
[name_f]Loretta[/name_f]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f]

I like your list! [name_f]Rosa[/name_f], [name_f]Leanne[/name_f], [name_f]Adaline[/name_f], [name_f]Merida[/name_f], [name_u]Jade[/name_u], [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] and [name_f]Mira[/name_f] being my favorites.
As for Marionette, I do think it will have a negative feeling to it. Puppet has a bad meaning in a lot of cultures and languages, including the US or UK, and Marionette as a word itself is used in different languages too (just with different spelling such as Marionet for example). And when referring to a person, the word is usually negatively used.
On a personal note though, I’d also rather not be referred to as a ‘puppet’. I like the sound of the name/word, but I do think it would mostly be unusable, at least in Europe or in a place where people may know that it means puppet. Potentially it could be a cute middle name however, but I personally wouldn’t use it as a first name.

my favorites are:
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] - one of my favorite names ever
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosaleen[/name_f]
[name_f]Leanne[/name_f]

[name]Rosaleen[/name_f] / [name]Rosie[/name_f] / [name]Rosa[/name_f] - I do really love the sound, not so much the look, but I could get other that.

[name]Leanne[/name_f] / [name]Lian[/name_f] (pronounced the same) / [name]Lien[/name_f] - I definitely prefer the simplicity of [name_f]Leanne[/name_f] - it’s a strong, sharp name. Lien could be cute too

[name]Loretta[/name_f] - love it!! So warm and sharp at the same time and so many cool nn -Lottie, [name_f]Lori[/name_f], [name_f]Etta[/name_f], [name_f]Ettie[/name_f], Rett, [name_f]Lettie[/name_f], [name_f]Lolly[/name_f]!

[name]Adaline[/name_f] -I prefer the sp [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] but it’s a pretty name, fresh but classic in feel

[name]Leta[/name_f] -pretty cute and sparky

[name]Coretta[/name_f] - sharp and cool

[name]Coralie[/name_f] (nn [name]Coral[/name_f]) - elegant and fun

[name]Harleen[/name_f] / [name]Harley[/name] -much prefer [name_u]Harley[/name_u]!

[name]Kathleen[/name_f] - pretty rugged yet skeek

[name]Merida[/name_f] -strong and bold yet warm

[name]Jade[/name_f] -simple and straightforward

[name]Antonia[/name_f] -full of flair and charm

[name]Crescent[/name_f] - intriguing and cool though i like it best as a middle name

[name]Cressida[/name_f] -I prefer this! [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] meaning, bold yet friendly and gentle

[name]Brynn[/name_f] -sharp but sweet

[name]Marie[/name_f] - quite classic and underused as a first these days

[name]Marina[/name_f] - i like the sea vibe

[name]Mira[/name_f] -beautiful and bright

Marionette is very much a puppet in my head. Maybe [name_u]Marion[/name_u] with the nn Marionette as home?

1 Like

Oh, you have lots of beautiful names on here! Particularly [name_f]Adaline[/name_f], [name_f]Coralie[/name_f], [name_f]Brynn[/name_f], & [name_f]Mira[/name_f].

I agree with you that the negative connotations of a marionette would make that name relegated to the guilty pleasure list. But there’s [name_f]Mariette[/name_f], or just [name_u]Marion[/name_u] (which I adore).

Rosaleen/Rosie/Rosa - all sweet and gentle. I personally love [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] a lot, I think it’s the sweetest! you might also like [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]?

Leanne/Lian/Lien - I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Leanne[/name_f], it feels a bit dated to me. I do like [name_u]Lian[/name_u] and Lien though, they feel more unexpected to me. I also think they look prettier! You may get some mispronunciations with them though, as at first glance, I wouldn’t have pronounced them like [name_f]Leanne[/name_f].

[name_f]Loretta[/name_f] - again, another one that feels too dated to me. however, I love the nn [name_f]Lettie[/name_f], and think it redeems the name enough for me :sweat_smile:

[name_f]Adaline[/name_f] - I personally prefer the [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] spelling, but this is a very beautiful name!! I like the -line pronunciation most myself, but I’ve also seen it pronounced both -leen and -lynn, so you may have to deal with pronunciations corrections!

[name_f]Leta[/name_f] - this has a very pretty sound!! I also like [name_f]Leda[/name_f], too!

[name_f]Coretta[/name_f] - not my style, but I’d be excited to meet one!! I think nn [name_f]Cora[/name_f] and [name_f]Etta[/name_f] are so cute!

[name_f]Coralie[/name_f] “Coral” - this name is very sweet and adorable. I think [name_f]Coral[/name_f] is spunky and fun. I personally like [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] more, but [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] is lovely too!! It feels a tad too trendy to me though.

Harleen/Harley - I’m going to guess you’re a fan of ms quinn?:sweat_smile: [name_f]Harleen[/name_f] is cool, but it does feel very heavily tied to the character. I like the look and sound of [name_u]Harley[/name_u] more, and I think there’s other associations with it, so its a bit more subtle than [name_f]Harleen[/name_f].

[name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] - I’m sorry, I really don’t like this name. It feels very dated, and I’m not a fan of the spelling. Sorry!!

[name_f]Merida[/name_f] - oh, I love [name_f]Merida[/name_f] so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m happy to see more love for her on here! She’s so beautiful and spunky with a great sound. Also has that really wonderful connection to the character!!

[name_u]Jade[/name_u] - cool, spunky, and edgy!

[name_u]Antonia[/name_u] - this is a nice name! I prefer [name_f]Antoinette[/name_f] myself, but [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] is pretty too. I like all of the nickname options!!

Crescent/Cressida - [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] is one of my favorites!! It’s so magical and stunning. I love all of the associations, and I also love nn Essie!! [name_f]Crescent[/name_f] is very cute, I like the moon association, but I think it would work better as a middle!!

[name_f]Brynn[/name_f] - love this on a boy, it’s not my favorite for a girl, sorry. It feels very trendy to me!

[name_u]Marie[/name_u] - very sweet. a bit overused, but still lovely! I always think of [name_u]Marie[/name_u] from The Aristocats, and that makes me like the name a whole lot more!!

[name_f]Marina[/name_f] - pretty and spunky. the water association is nice! I personally prefer [name_f]Mariana[/name_f] though!!

[name_f]Mira[/name_f] - love [name_f]Mira[/name_f], it’s beautiful! I also think it’s very sweet with some edge, and the sound is so great.

Marionette - this is sweet, but definitely best saved for the GP list. I absolutely love the possibility for nn [name_f]Nettie[/name_f] though :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: maybe you’d like the similar Marinette?? It has a different meaning, and therefore may not have the same negatives for you?

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts on your list-

Rosaleen-I adore [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], but something about [name_f]Rosaleen[/name_f] looks off. Maybe I’m just not used to it. I prefer just [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] as far as [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names go.

Leanne/Lian/Lien-Leanne looks the nicest in my opinion. It’s a bit smoosh for my tastes, but it has a pretty sound.

Loretta-I kind of like it. It has sort of a 40s/50s charm that’s welcome.

Adaline-I love [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], but this doesn’t look right. [name_m]Ad[/name_m] names are so over done either way. Mostly [name_f]Adelyn[/name_f]. I know about a million little ones named that or some form.

Leta-Hm. It reminds me of a car brand, I think? Not my cup of tea, but not awful.

Coretta-Not sure why, but [name_f]Loretta[/name_f] seems nicer. This is sort of harsh.

[name_f]Coralie[/name_f] (nn Coral)-Oh, that’s fun. Never thought of [name_f]Coral[/name_f] as a nn here, but it’s intriguing.

Harleen/Harley-Not a fan of this. [name_u]Harley[/name_u] sounds too motorcycle.

Kathleen-This is a ‘leen’ name I can get behind. Gives me similar vibes to [name_f]Loretta[/name_f]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u].

Merida-I don’t know. It has a nice sound; I’m not bothered by the Disney reference. I just can’t get into it.

Jade-Totally fine, but maybe just too modern for my tastes.

Antonia-Ooh, pretty. It’s romantic & bold & not terribly complicated but not heard too often.

Crescent/Cressida-Crescent doesn’t quite feel name-y enough to me. I’m not sure how to say [name_f]Cressida[/name_f]. It’s kind of clunky.

Brynn-Not terrible, but a bit bland.

Marie-Aw, love the [name_u]French[/name_u] happy vibe here.

Marina-So pretty. Gives me similar vibes to [name_u]Antonia[/name_u], plus the lovely ocean imagery.

Mira-I like it, but it feels more nick-name-y. Prefer it as a nn for [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] or [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f], but a great name either way.

As for Marionette, it’s a bit much with the puppet thing. How about just [name_f]Marinette[/name_f]? That’s gorgeous!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

From your list I like [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], [name_f]Rosa[/name_f], [name_u]Jade[/name_u] and [name_f]Cressida[/name_f]!