Thoughts on my first name choices [updated]

She goes by [name]Penny[/name].
I really like [name]Nellie[/name] as a nn though too. Makes me a teeny bit sad I didn’t start using a non-obvious nn right away. She’s definitely a [name]Penny[/name] though! I did consider using [name]Ellie[/name] as a nn. I recently met a little [name]Penny[/name] (first time we’ve met another child w/ one of my girls names) and she goes by [name]Poppy[/name].

A [name]Penny[/name] who goes by [name]Poppy[/name]? [name]How[/name] odd. Hm, to each their own!

I sent you a PM about the new name thoughts, I’m liking them!

lol I totally didn’t say that right. Her name is [name]Penelope[/name] and she goes by [name]Poppy[/name].

ohmygosh thank goodness! I was really wondering. :wink:

[name]Gwendolyn[/name] (that Y has grace)
I really like this; it’s sweet. I like [name]Gwen[/name], [name]Gwyn[/name], or [name]Lyn[/name], too (as nns). I would see [name]Gwendolyn[/name] as blond and beautiful and youthful.

[name]Marion[/name]
This definitely seems timeless to me; works for any age. It seems a little old; don’t know if I could picture it on a little girl or baby but I like it in theory. Could work with any appearance.

[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Love[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]! I see her with very dark brown hair and very pale skin. Someone said “What if she’s a tomboy?” She could go by [name]Evan[/name] or [name]Van[/name]. (But I’d go with [name]Evie[/name], or Ev, or [name]Eva[/name], or [name]Eve[/name]). DH vetoed this one but maybe that’s because I suggested [name]Evangeline[/name] Mission…

Tigerlilly (my family and I love this name and have nicknamed ”her” [name]Tilly[/name])
This one’s not working for me, sorry. I see the animated girl from [name]Peter[/name] [name]Pan[/name]. I’m not in a position to hire anyone, but in a business setting I don’t think it’d be taken seriously. Maybe [name]Lily[/name] nn Tigerlily, or even [name]Tiger[/name] [name]Lily[/name] (other middle name)? I think a girl could pull off [name]Tiger[/name], or maybe a [name]Blake[/name]-esque [name]Tyger[/name]?

[name]Elaney[/name]
I would definitely have said Elainey. I think I could transition to the pronunciation you want, especially if you compared it to [name]Melanie[/name]. [name]Elaney[/name], [name]Evangeline[/name], and [name]Elizabeth[/name] might be too close, in case you hadn’t considered that, but I know sisters [name]Eleanor[/name] “[name]Ellie[/name]”, [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Esther[/name] (plus 3 other siblings) so it could work. I knew a dark-haired Greek [name]Eleni[/name] with big eyebrows, so there’s my mental image.

[name]Fallon[/name]
All I can think is the insurance/clinic. Doesn’t seem like a name to me because of that. I’ve heard it before, but I just don’t like it.

[name]Ireland[/name] (we love [name]Ireland[/name], not just our homeland, but the name itself, I can’t get it out of my head!)
With your heritage/connection to [name]Ireland[/name], I think it’d be okay. Makes me think [name]Kathy[/name] [name]Ireland[/name]–don’t know who she is, but I’ve seen her clothes. This could also honor [name]Irene[/name].

Diella
You’re saying it’s [name]Dee[/name]-[name]Ella[/name]? That’s how I’d pronounce it. [name]Love[/name] the meaning and your image of her. I see brown hair, rather plain, but not in a bad way–just that her beauty is not in her looks alone. The name looks made up, but that wouldn’t make me see it negatively, because it’s a familiar look and pattern to real names (but I believe you it is a real name).

Siren
I want to like it, but my first thought is like a police or ambulance (my second is the mythical creature). There’s not much of a positive image other than beauty. Syren would get rid of the police image… I think I’ve seen the mythical syrens spelled that way. (Really, I’m not just adding random y’s!) I guess the name just doesn’t gibe because of the seductress image, which I don’t like. Doesn’t seem like a sister for Diella, [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Gwendolyn[/name], [name]Marion[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Tabitha[/name]… Definitely dark or red hair.

[name]Scarlette[/name]
I like it well enough; was thinking of suggesting [name]Carly[/name], I know a [name]Scarlett[/name] my son’s age who goes by that.

[name]Helena[/name] (nn [name]Enna[/name])
[name]Helena[/name] is gorgeous, though you’ve probably noticed there’s about 4 different pronunciations; I’d say hel [name]LEN[/name] a, but hopefully adjust if that’s not what you’re thinking. I think this is too close to [name]Elaney[/name] from sisters.

[name]Mirabella[/name]
[name]Kinda[/name] cute. Not my personal style, but a fine name. I like [name]Miri[/name]. If [name]Marion[/name] is [name]Mari[/name], and she’s [name]Mira[/name], these may be too close.

[name]Elizabeth[/name] (I know, so popular, so, so popular, but so, so beautiful; nn [name]Eliza[/name])
[name]Love[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]! It’s my grandma’s name, and I’d like to use it for my third or fourth daughter (though I could change my mind by then, I suppose). I would love to name twins after their four great-grandmas: [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Susan[/name] “[name]Liz[/name] [name]Beth[/name]” or “[name]Beth[/name]” (mine) and [name]Rhoda[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] (his). [name]Eliza[/name] is sweet too.

[name]Maisie[/name]
Not loving this as a full name. See it suggested on name sites, so it’s not too out there, I don’t think; it won’t do her a disservice, even though some may see it as a nickname. I like it as a nickname for [name]May[/name] (my [name]MIL[/name] and GMIL’s middle name).

[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Love[/name] [name]Tabitha[/name] nn [name]Abby[/name]. Getting over the cat image from [name]Tabby[/name] for the full name, but I’d call her [name]Abby[/name].

Boys:

[name]Carston[/name]
[name]Just[/name] seems trendy to me. It’s strong enough, no problem with you using it, just doesn’t appeal to me.

[name]Benjamin[/name]
My [name]BIL[/name]'s name, and I might well use it. I’ve known quite a few: hyperactive little blond boy, big multiracial bisexual guy with glasses (geek), curly brown hair with glasses (geek), and my [name]BIL[/name] (strongest association) dirty blond hair, glasses, antisocial, very conservative (also a geek). For the record, I love geeks, I am one, and I married one, so that’s in no way a negative association; and it probably says more about the people I know than the name. I may well use this for my next son; DH and I would use the nn [name]Jamin[/name] (jay min) because DH thinks [name]Jamie[/name] sounds feminine. Other associations: Biblical [name]Benjamin[/name], slang for $100 bill, [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Franklin[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Bunny[/name] (none negative [name]IMO[/name]). Strong name, definitely popular for you though. I would expect a young [name]Benjamin[/name] to be hyperactive and blond (my [name]BIL[/name] isn’t usually [name]Benjamin[/name]; I’d expect a [name]Ben[/name] to be blond and antisocial and wear glasses)

[name]Jasper[/name]
Okay. I kind of picture a crotchety old man. I like that it’s a stone. As a kid I’d say dark brown hair, active, athletic, not always nice.

[name]Eleazar[/name]
[name]Love[/name] this. I’d say [name]EL[/name] ee a zar. I think it’s handsome and different. But I love obscure old testament names and would love to name a son [name]Hezekiah[/name]. I see brown hair, strong faith.

[name]Jonas[/name]
I like it. For what it’s worth, I have a [name]Hannah[/name] and have only once gotten a [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Montana[/name] comment, but [name]Hannah[/name] was popular before [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Montana[/name]… I do like the name, better than [name]Jonah[/name]. Image would be dark brown hair, likes to run.

[name]Xavier[/name]
Like it well enough. Seems more commonly a middle name than a first name in my experience. No image/versatile.

[name]Gideon[/name]
Definitely has been my short list–I see brown hair but not a particular personality trait. My main association is with the Biblical [name]Gideon[/name], but I’ve heard people say it just makes them think of hotel Bibles and seems weird and religious–but I love it… I used to like [name]Gideon[/name] [name]Malachi[/name] or [name]Malachi[/name] [name]Gideon[/name], but then I realized that it could mean feller of angels.

[name]Jesse[/name]
I love [name]Jesse[/name] for a little boy. I say this as a [name]Jessica[/name] called [name]Jessi[/name] exclusively; it’s been growing on me for a middle name for a son one day. I think it’s strong and masculine. Dark brown or brown hair, or like Uncle [name]Jesse[/name] on Full House. Has twin toddler sons or 8 sons.

Ulicia (prn. oo-liss-c-uh, the soft oo like [name]Eulalie[/name])
Seems weird to me; I would probably think this is a horribly misspelled [name]Alicia[/name], though I believe you that it is a name in its own right.

[name]Cammeo[/name]
I dunno about this. I would worry about jinxing things, especially with a preemie (is she only going to have a brief appearance in your life?) and this spelling seems very wrong to me (sorry). I like the meaning and your reasoning, but I can’t like the name.

[name]Lila[/name] & Liat (twins names, yes, both L’s, but the sounds are different; prn. Lye-luh and [name]Lee[/name]-At)
Not familiar with Liat, and wouldn’t have been sure on gender. [name]Lila[/name] is gorgeous.

[name]Damian[/name]
Never seen the movie either. My association is the priest who took care of the lepers in [name]Hawaii[/name] and died of leprosy–not a bad association. The multiple correct spellings of the name might cause headaches, but there’s no problem with the spelling other than that.

I have not read all the responses, so may repeat or have missed something.

[name]Gwendolyn[/name] – I will say that, while I normally love all the [name]Gwen[/name] names, this one has always seemed fat to me somehow. I’ve never met an actual [name]Gwendolyn[/name] (although I’ve met several Gwens, so that could be their name). I don’t know why I picture Gwendolyns as very fat, I just do. I love [name]Gwen[/name], [name]Gwenna[/name], [name]Gwenda[/name], [name]Guenevere[/name], even [name]Gwennie[/name] for a cute sometimes nick. [name]Just[/name] not [name]Gwendolyn[/name].
[name]Marion[/name] – Still seems like an old lady. I’m not ready for this one yet!
[name]Evangeline[/name] – This has been growing on me a lot lately! Definitely lots of potential and pretty. I’d love to meet a real one to see how I feel the name holds up.
Tigerlilly (my family and I love this name and have nicknamed ”her” [name]Tilly[/name]) – [name]Tilly[/name] is cute. Tigerlilly is over the top. As a teacher, I would totally be rolling my eyes.
[name]Elaney[/name] (A legitimate variant of [name]Elaine[/name]; prn [name]Elle[/name]-uh-nee, all said softly, no hard consanants or vowels, do you like the way this sounds?) – Wow. When I looked at it, I said it like [name]Delaney[/name] without the D, and I did not like it at all. [name]Reading[/name] your pronunciation I think it sounds beautiful. It’ll be mispronounced and misspelled her whole life though.
[name]Fallon[/name] – It’s pretty and okay. Nothing I’ve ever loved or hated. I once had a student named [name]Fallon[/name], who I did not like, but I always thought her name was interesting.
[name]Ireland[/name] (we love [name]Ireland[/name], not just our homeland, but the name itself, I can’t get it out of my head!) – This is one of those names that I like in theory, but don’t like in real life. Maybe if I knew one and used it all the time. It definitely has potential!
Diella (it is prn. D-ella; it is not made up, it is very old; it means ‘Worshipper of God’ the [name]Di[/name] is prn. just like [name]Didi[/name] is prn dee-dee, not die-die) – The biggest problem you’ve already noted – it sounds made up, even if it is real. I don’t like it for that reason.
Siren (The S from [name]Selma[/name], the [name]Iren[/name] from [name]Irene[/name], named for my two grandmothers; Siren means the Singer and let”s face it ladies, it”s cool to be bad, I think [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] said it first) – Horrible. Would you want to be named Siren and associated with the Sirens who lure sailors to their death, the Starbucks Siren, and emergency vehicles wailing by? I would be rolling my eyes and feeling sorry for this girl.
[name]Scarlette[/name] – [name]Just[/name] can’t feel that e on the end, but [name]Scarlett[/name] is one of those names that is very cool
[name]Helena[/name] (nn [name]Enna[/name]) – Very pretty, though not my style. [name]Enna[/name] is different in a positive way
[name]Mirabella[/name] – [name]Love[/name]! Prefer just [name]Mirabel[/name], but it’s gorgeous. Definitely on my list.
[name]Elizabeth[/name] (I know, so popular, so, so popular, but so, so beautiful; nn [name]Eliza[/name]) – If you want to go with a classic name, it’s hard to beat [name]Elizabeth[/name]. [name]Eliza[/name] needs to come back!! I know it’s starting to pop up in some places, but not around where I live.
[name]Maisie[/name] – This is cute!! It does seem almost cutesy with your other choices though. The only negative I can think of is [name]Maisie[/name] the lazy bird in [name]Horton[/name] Hatches an Egg
[name]Tabitha[/name] – I’ve always loved this pretty name.

Boys:

[name]Carston[/name] – I want to like this name, and so far it just seems harsh to me
[name]Benjamin[/name] – Popular, but handsome. He probably will be nicknamed, but it’s such a great name.
[name]Jasper[/name] – I have only known dogs named [name]Jasper[/name], but I do like it a lot!
[name]Eleazar[/name] – Nope. Sorry, I just don’t like it.
[name]Jonas[/name] – I think it’s harsh, but love [name]Jonah[/name].
[name]Xavier[/name] – Seems overly trendy and trying to hard. I’ve always thought that and don’t know why
[name]Gideon[/name] – [name]LOVE[/name]!! Almost at the top of my boy list!
[name]Jesse[/name] – I have never liked this. [name]Just[/name] find it clunky or something

Ulicia – Eh.
[name]Cammeo[/name] – [name]Don[/name]'t know how I feel about this as a name, but it does have a nice enough sound. Might be misspelled constantly since the word is spelled [name]Cameo[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] & Liat – [name]Love[/name] [name]Lila[/name], not so much Liat. Too close together
[name]Damian[/name] – It does have a nice sound, though I perfer [name]Damon[/name].

[quote=“spotlightstarlit”]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name] (that Y has grace) - I am starting to like this name, I personally wouldn’t use it but I would love to see a little [name]Gwendolyn[/name]. Would you nn [name]Gwen[/name]?
[name]Marion[/name] - I have a cousin named [name]Marion[/name], I like it and I like the nn [name]Mari[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] - I love this name and the nn [name]Evie[/name], it is very girly but it also can sould professional too.
Tigerlilly (my family and I love this name and have nicknamed ”her” [name]Tilly[/name]) - I personally don’t like this because it a bit ‘out there’ for me but I do love the nn [name]Tilly[/name]
[name]Elaney[/name] (A legitimate variant of [name]Elaine[/name]; prn [name]Elle[/name]-uh-nee, all said softly, no hard consanants or vowels, do you like the way this sounds?) - I really like it and the way it sounds, I would love to meet a girl called [name]Elaney[/name]
[name]Fallon[/name] - I’m not too sure about this name yet, I’ll have to think about some more but it does sound quite masculine
[name]Ireland[/name] (we love [name]Ireland[/name], not just our homeland, but the name itself, I can’t get it out of my head!) - I like it but I have never met a little [name]Ireland[/name], perhaps because I live there LOL. For me it would seem usual for a child to be called [name]Ireland[/name] if they live there. But if you live in [name]America[/name] and have ties to [name]Ireland[/name] then go for it!
Diella (it is prn. D-ella; it is not made up, it is very old; it means ‘Worshipper of God’ the [name]Di[/name] is prn. just like [name]Didi[/name] is prn dee-dee, not die-die) - I like it but if you name your child this then spell it [name]Della[/name] because Diella looks like it is pronounced Die [name]Ella[/name].
Siren (The S from [name]Selma[/name], the [name]Iren[/name] from [name]Irene[/name], named for my two grandmothers; Siren means the Singer and let”s face it ladies, it”s cool to be bad, I think [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] said it first) - I like it don’t know if I would use it myself but I like it.
[name]Scarlette[/name] - I love this name. Are you using a nn? [name]Carly[/name], [name]Lettie[/name], [name]Cara[/name]?
[name]Helena[/name] (nn [name]Enna[/name]) - I love [name]Helena[/name]! [name]How[/name] do you pronounce it? I prounce it [name]Helen[/name] a?
[name]Mirabella[/name] - Too frilly for me but if you love it go for it. I like the nn [name]Mira[/name], [name]Belle[/name], [name]Bella[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] (I know, so popular, so, so popular, but so, so beautiful; nn [name]Eliza[/name]) - I love [name]Elizabeth[/name], it is a family name for me
[name]Maisie[/name] - I really like this name, I would choose a more formal name ie. [name]Margaret[/name] or [name]Margot[/name]/Margeaux nn [name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name] - I think that more people should use this name, but perhaps it has gone through a dated phase from the 60’s sitcom Bewitched? What appeals to me about this name is the biblical connection.

Boys:

[name]Carston[/name] - I like this name but I personally wouldn’t use it myself
[name]Benjamin[/name] - this is one of my favourite biblical name, I love it
[name]Jasper[/name] - I like this name although it is getting popular
[name]Eleazar[/name] - I don’t like this myself for me it seems awkward to say
[name]Jonas[/name] - I like it but there is the ‘Brothers’ connection
[name]Xavier[/name] - I actually really like this name but I am not sure why
[name]Gideon[/name] - I do not like this name
[name]Jesse[/name] - I like it but I know a girl called [name]Jessie[/name] so that kind of puts me off

The following are ”special” names; I would only use these names in special situations. I”ll tell you the special ‘sitch’ if it is relevant to the choice of name.
Ulicia (prn. oo-liss-c-uh, the soft oo like [name]Eulalie[/name]) - I like the sound of this name
[name]Cammeo[/name] (I would use this if I ever gave birth to/ adopted a premature baby it means small, but perfectly formed) - I also like the sound of this name
[name]Lila[/name] & Liat (twins names, yes, both L’s, but the sounds are different; prn. Lye-luh and [name]Lee[/name]-At) - I like these names but not for twins
[name]Damian[/name] (in ten more years will everyone be over the horror movie many in my own generation have never seen? [name]Just[/name] to be clear, this is a boy’s name) - I like this name and yes I think that people are over connection to the horror movie name

[name]Hope[/name] this helps
[name]Michaela[/name] :slight_smile:

These are my nn choices!

[name]Gwen[/name]
[name]Mari[/name]
[name]Angel[/name]
[name]Tilly[/name]
Elro ([name]Elaney[/name] [name]Rose[/name])
[name]Faye[/name]
[name]Isa[/name]
[name]Didi[/name]
[name]Rena[/name]
[name]Carlie[/name]
[name]Enna[/name]
[name]Mira[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
Aisie [name]Daisie[/name](like AZ)
[name]Tabby[/name]

[name]Rafe[/name]
[name]Jamie[/name]
[name]Jazz[/name]
Zar
[name]Joey[/name]
Zav
[name]Gee[/name]
[name]Jess[/name]

Sia
Ameo
[name]Ila[/name] and [name]Lia[/name]
[name]Ian[/name]

Thank you!

Blessings,

[name]Bella[/name]

[name]Gwendolyn[/name] (that Y has grace)- I love this name, especially with the ‘y’. I love the nicknames [name]Gwen[/name] and [name]Wendy[/name] for it. I think it is a strong name, but sweet. A nice balance of femininity and strength.
[name]Marion[/name]- Maid [name]Marion[/name]. I like it! I see a bookish/artsy girl that would not get picked on because she would kick some butt! Which I think is awesome. It’s tough, sounds smart, but fun, edgy. And you can use [name]Mari[/name] as a nick name or even Rion ([name]Ryan[/name]).
[name]Evangeline[/name]- This is pretty. I see a little ballet dancer. Very princess like, a little high matenance though.
Tigerlilly (my family and I love this name and have nicknamed ”her” [name]Tilly[/name])- I’ll start off by saying that [name]Tilly[/name] is a super sweet nick name and I love it. I don’t however love the name, it’s a little over powering for me, maybe as a middle name. But again, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]TILLY[/name]!!!
[name]Elaney[/name] (A legitimate variant of [name]Elaine[/name]; prn [name]Elle[/name]-uh-nee, all said softly, no hard consanants or vowels, do you like the way this sounds?)- Upon first seeing it I would pronounce it like [name]Elaine[/name] with a long ee at the end (Eh-lay-nee), I’d stand corrected though. This name seems soft and not as strong as your other names.
[name]Fallon[/name]- This girl rocks! She’s tough. Definately a leader.
[name]Ireland[/name] (we love [name]Ireland[/name], not just our homeland, but the name itself, I can’t get it out of my head!)- As long as you have a connection to [name]Ireland[/name], which you do, I like it. I totally see it on a girl with bright green eyes and a strong head on her shoulders.
Diella (it is prn. D-ella; it is not made up, it is very old; it means ‘Worshipper of God’ the [name]Di[/name] is prn. just like [name]Didi[/name] is prn dee-dee, not die-die)- I don’t have much to say for this name. I’m not a huge fan, but it isn’t up to me. There isn’t anything really wrong with it, I just don’t think it is a strong name. I like a lot of your other choices better, sorry.
Siren (The S from [name]Selma[/name], the [name]Iren[/name] from [name]Irene[/name], named for my two grandmothers; Siren means the Singer and let”s face it ladies, it”s cool to be bad, I think [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] said it first)- I love how you came to this name. I really like when people honor family members or people that are important to them, with a twist. I’m not a huge fan of the name itself, but I love it’s story, and I think every child loves their name when it is unique and just for them that actually means something.
[name]Scarlette[/name]- Awesome name. I think it has a classic feel to it, but it’s modern also. Very nice. Another strong name.
[name]Helena[/name] (nn [name]Enna[/name])- I really like this name, it just has a bad connatation to me. :confused: I like your choice of [name]Enna[/name] as a nick name.
[name]Mirabella[/name]- So adorable! I met a little [name]Mirabelle[/name] the other day and she was the sweetest! I like it with the ‘bella’. Especially because your name I believe I saw is [name]Isabella[/name]? [name]Mira[/name] in spanish means ‘look’. It would be super sweet if the child looked like you. LOL.
[name]Elizabeth[/name] (I know, so popular, so, so popular, but so, so beautiful; nn [name]Eliza[/name])- You can’t go wrong with a classic like [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I like your choice of [name]Eliza[/name] as a nick name as well. Makes it a little more modern.
[name]Maisie[/name]- This name is okay. I don’t have any strong feelings towards it. Nothing bad or good to say about it.
[name]Tabitha[/name]- I only think of people I know with this name, and unfortunately I don’t really care for these individuals. But for you as long as you have no bad connection with it, which you clearly don’t otherwise it wouldn’t be on here, there is nothing wrong with the name. I don’t think it is as strong as your other names, but a decent name nonetheless.

Boys:

[name]Carston[/name]- I like it. It’s different, but not way out there. I like it as an alternative over [name]Carson[/name]. Nice.
[name]Benjamin[/name]- I [name]LOVE[/name] THIS NAME. It’s on my list. It’s classic and stong and just plain cool in my opinion. It has [name]JAMIN[/name] right in it! LOL.
[name]Jasper[/name]- I’m not sure how I feel on this name. I want to like it, but this is something about it that I can’t place, sorry.
[name]Eleazar[/name]- I’ve met one [name]Eleazer[/name]. He was one of the coolest kids I knew in high school. I like the name too. It’s biblical and you don’t hear it too often.
[name]Jonas[/name]- I’m sorry I really don’t like this. At least at this time. RE: The [name]Jonas[/name] Brothers. I do like [name]Jonah[/name] though.
[name]Xavier[/name]- I like it if it’s pronounced Zay-vee-er and not X-ay-vee-er. It’s a strong name and masculine. And 'X’s look cool. :slight_smile:
[name]Gideon[/name]- Not huge on it, it makes me think of pidgion. But it isn’t a terrible name.
[name]Jesse[/name]- This is another name that I really don’t have anything good or bad to say about it.

The following are ”special” names; I would only use these names in special situations. I”ll tell you the special ‘sitch’ if it is relevant to the choice of name.
Ulisia (prn. oo-liss-c-uh, the soft oo like [name]Eulalie[/name])- I’m not sure on this. It’s different, I’ll give you that.
[name]Cameo[/name] (I would use this if I ever gave birth to/ adopted a premature baby it means small, but perfectly formed)- I like it. And the meaning. I like how you have ‘special’ names.
[name]Lila[/name] & Liat (twins names, yes, both L’s, but the sounds are different; prn. Lye-luh and [name]Lee[/name]-At)- Cool twin set. I like it. [name]Lila[/name] is pretty and so is Liat, although different. You might have to tell people how it’s pronounced though.
[name]Damian[/name] (in ten more years will everyone be over the horror movie many in my own generation have never seen? [name]Just[/name] to be clear, this is a boy’s name)- I like this name. Always have, always will. I think it’s a good strong name and people need to get over names in movies in my opinion.

All in all, I think you have a pretty cool name list. :slight_smile:

Your comments on [name]Mirabella[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name] were the greatest! Thank you very much!

I knew a girl, way back in middle school whose last name was [name]Benjamin[/name]- our teacher said it outloud and she said, “No, it’s Been-Jamming!”

I thought that was fabulous!

[name]Gwendolyn[/name] - For some reason, I have never liked this name…but it is slowly growing on me. Still wouldn’t use it, though.
[name]Marion[/name] - My grandfather has five male friends with this name…just makes me think of an old guy.
[name]Evangeline[/name]- This is so cute! I can picture her a smart, studious child. [name]Eva[/name] is a cute nn.
Tigerlilly - Ordinarily, I would say absolutely not, but this is kinda cute. If this name means a lot to you, and if your husband likes it, go for it! [name]Tilly[/name] is cute…
[name]Elaney[/name] - I would pronounce this E-lane-ee, which isn’t bad itself. You could also go with [name]Delaney[/name].
[name]Fallon[/name]- Noo… It reminds me of the season (which is my fav. season), but I can’t picture a girl nn Fall (could be cute, but kids are cruel).
[name]Ireland[/name] - The only [name]Ireland[/name] I know (spells it Irelyand) is a snob (her nn is pronounced Eye-ah, but I can’t spell it).
Diella - This is cute, but you (or she) would always be correcting the pronunciation. I love the meaning. I don’t like the nn [name]Didi[/name], though (annoying sis from [name]Dexter[/name]'s Lab)
Siren - I wouldn’t use this…to be perfectly honest, it sounds like a stripper’s name.
[name]Scarlette[/name]- Cute! She might have to remind people to add the extra “T” and the “E”.
[name]Helena[/name] (nn [name]Enna[/name])- I was always curious as to how [name]Helena[/name] is pronounced? If I am correct, the “Hell” part is strong, which ruins the name for me.
[name]Mirabella[/name]- This is okay…many nn’s too ([name]Minny[/name], [name]Mira[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Belle[/name], Bells).
[name]Elizabeth[/name] - This is one of my favorite names! I like the name as it is, though. [name]Bess[/name], [name]Bessie[/name], [name]Betsy[/name] disgust me (sorry to anybody with that nn).
[name]Maisie[/name]- This makes me think of the mouse cartoon, or the nasally girl from the show “As Told By [name]Ginger[/name]”. The name itself is cute, and makes me think of a bright, springy little girl or a fun-loving (or even laid-back) teen.
[name]Tabitha[/name]- The nn [name]Tabby[/name] reminds me of a cat.

Boys:

[name]Carston[/name]- This is okay…[name]Carson[/name] might be better, in my opinion.
[name]Benjamin[/name]- I love this name!
[name]Jasper[/name]- Because of Twilight, I began to despise this name. But it is still growing on me, and I think it is loosing its “old man” image.
[name]Eleazar[/name]- I used to like this name, but now I prefer [name]Eli[/name] or [name]Elias[/name].
[name]Jonas[/name]- Reminds me too much of the [name]Jonas[/name] brothers. [name]Jonah[/name] is very cute!
[name]Xavier[/name]- No…
[name]Gideon[/name]- I love this name, too! Could use the nn Gid.
[name]Jesse[/name]- Very popular (at least where I live). [name]Just[/name] plain “[name]Jess[/name]” is cute too.

Ulisia (prn. oo-liss-c-uh, the soft oo like [name]Eulalie[/name])- This is actually cute! A bit hard to pronounce (unless you tell how). Reminds me of Ulyssess S. [name]Grant[/name].
[name]Cameo[/name]- I don’t like it. I would personally name a preemie something that means ‘strong’, like [name]Ethan[/name].
[name]Lila[/name] & Liat . [name]Lila[/name] is okay, but not Liat. [name]Liam[/name] would be better.
[name]Damian[/name]- This is okay. I don’t associate it with its “evil” background. Although it would be odd to name one son [name]Damian[/name] and the others [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Jesse[/name], or [name]Gideon[/name] (or other Bible names)…[/quote]

[/quote]

I don’t put an emphasis on the Hel, in [name]Helena[/name], I prn. it with a breathy ache (h) and emphasize the len-uh

[name]Elias[/name] is [name]Benjamin[/name]'s mn.

Liat is a french girls name, lee-at, therefore [name]Liam[/name] (which is [name]Jonas[/name]'s mn) wouldn’t work.

Uh oh. My son’s name is [name]Gideon[/name] and I’m now concerned it’s going to be the next [name]Aiden[/name]. :o

It could be a NB up’n’comer, but I don’t think our taste reflects the [name]Aiden[/name]/[name]Kaitlyn[/name]/[name]Neveah[/name] trends.

[name]Gwendolyn[/name] - I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] this name. I love the NN [name]Gwen[/name] too. It’s so long and elegant, and not to popular.
[name]Marion[/name] - Another favorite. Although I love most variants of [name]Mary[/name]. I would love to see a little girl named this.
[name]Evangeline[/name] - While another lovely choice, with all the [name]Ava[/name]/[name]Eva[/name]/Eves running around it’s a refreshing choices.
Tigerlily - I would seperate it into two words, [name]Tiger[/name] [name]Lily[/name] or [name]Tiger[/name]-[name]Lily[/name], but no other complaints.
[name]Elaney[/name] - I love the sound, and I know you said you were set on the spellings, but I would just like to say that with this spelling things could get confusing, people saying eh-layn-ee instead. What about [name]Eleni[/name]? Still a legitimate name, with the same pronounciation.
[name]Fallon[/name] - Never been a fan of this name. Some surnames should stay in the surname spot.
[name]Ireland[/name] - It is a lovely sound, but I think there are better ways to honor Irish heritage than naming her [name]Ireland[/name].
Diella - Not my style, nor do I care fo it at all.
Siren - Not a word I would want as my child’s FN, or want to see on someone else’s.
[name]Scarlette[/name] - I love this. The End.
[name]Helena[/name] - I think this name is beautiful, and there is absolutely no need for a NN.
[name]Mirabella[/name] - Another love. It would be a nice alternative to [name]Isabella[/name].
[name]Elizabeth[/name] - Popular, yes. But for good reason. And [name]Eliza[/name] is a great NN.
[name]Maisie[/name] - So cute, so pretty. I would love to see a little girl with this name.
[name]Tabitha[/name] - A bit to grown-up for a kid, [name]IMO[/name].
[name]Phaedra[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name], but not sure if it is entirely usable. However, if you really love it…go for it! Nothing wrong with the name.

[name]Carston[/name] - I do not like this at all.
[name]Benjamin[/name] - I love this name, I think it’s very noble.
[name]Jasper[/name] - Quirky and offbeat, good choice.
[name]Eleazar[/name] - I just don’t like any “[name]Eli[/name]” name. Not sure why, just don’t.
[name]Jonas[/name] - All I can think of is the [name]Jonas[/name] Brothers, which is sad because the name actually isn’t bad.
[name]Xavier[/name] - Not a fan.
[name]Gideon[/name] - Very cute, I would love to see a kid with this name.
[name]Jesse[/name] - YES!

[name]Alesia[/name] - Not my cup of tea, but pleasent enough.
[name]Cameo[/name] - While I understand the meaning behind this, I think there are other names that could mean similar things. The common meaning of [name]Cameo[/name] will overshadow why you chose it.
[name]Lila[/name] & Liat - Seperately, ok. Together, to matchy.
[name]Damian[/name] - I love this name. It’s dark and mysterious and lovely.

Thank you!

Blessings,

[name]Bella[/name] <3

I don’t have time to go through all your name choices, but I would go with [name]Elizabeth[/name]. [name]Lily[/name] is a nickname for [name]Elizabeth[/name] also and then you and your family could call her Tigerlily.

[name]Jasper[/name] is my favorite from the boys.

Good luck!

That’s pretty ingenious! [name]Elizabeth[/name] nn [name]Lily[/name] nn Tigerlily! That’s the best of three worlds! Buttoned up resume name, cute nickname and sweet pet name. I know I said I don’t [name]Ike[/name] Tigerlily, but if it were used in this sort of way, I would think it was utterly adorable.

[name]Gwendolyn[/name]–I like all the [name]Gwen[/name] names–beautiful soft sound, but strong as well. I also like [name]Gwyneth[/name].
[name]Marion[/name]–This is pretty–I like it more than [name]Maryanne[/name]. I often hear this sounds too ‘old ladyish’, but I’m not sure why it isn’t liked as much as so many of the other vintage names. To me it’s one of the nicer [name]Mary[/name] variants.
[name]Evangeline[/name]–Not my favorite. I see that it’s a beautiful name, but it feels too elaborate for my tastes.
Tigerlily–This is cute–I liked someone’s suggestion to use [name]Elizabeth[/name] and have this be the nickname.
[name]Elaney[/name]–I like how this sounds, but I bet you’d have to explain the pronunciation so much.
[name]Fallon[/name]–Not really my cup of tea. But if it has personal significance there’s nothing really wrong with it.
[name]Ireland[/name]–Cute. Not my favorite though. Wonder what a nickname would be. [name]Irie[/name]?
Diella–Hm, I’ve never heard this one before. I imagine the pronunciation could be an issue for some. It would probably be mistaken for ‘[name]Della[/name]’
Siren (The S from [name]Selma[/name], the [name]Iren[/name] from [name]Irene[/name], named for my two grandmothers; Siren means the Singer and let”s face it ladies, it”s cool to be bad, I think [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] said it first)–Very creative way of incorporating the relative’s names. I personally have positive associations with the word, but I wonder if you’d run into issues with this–considering that it’s a word that carries negative connotations for some.
[name]Scarlette[/name]–I’ve always liked this name–I don’t dislike the spelling you’ve chosen–it seems legit–although it’s different. I only wish this name were still more undiscovered…
[name]Helena[/name] (nn [name]Enna[/name])–One of my favorites–beautiful, classic, underused. My [name]MIL[/name] once said she didn’t like this name b/c it starts with ‘hell’. Really put me off it for awhile (it seems that is the response of quite a few people to this one. Odd to me–I think it’s lovely. I like the nn [name]Lani[/name] too.
[name]Mirabella[/name]–Feels too elaborate to me. I can’t imagine saying the whole thing (I’m lazy that way). But I love the nickname [name]Mira[/name].
[name]Elizabeth[/name][/nae] (I know, so popular, so, so popular, but so, so beautiful; nn [name]Eliza[/name])–I think you can’t go wrong with this one. I like [name]Eliza[/name] a lot too. I wouldn’t worry about the popularity–it’s not trendy at all. And with all the nn possibilities, can be easily personalized.
[name]Tabitha[/name]–I have a soft spot for the nn [name]Tibby[/name]
[name]Phaedra[/name]–hm, no strong feelings on this one.

Boys:

My favorites of your boy picks are:
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Jesse[/name]

They all just sound like nice guys.

good luck…

That’s pretty ingenious! [name]Elizabeth[/name] nn [name]Lily[/name] nn Tigerlily! That’s the best of three worlds! Buttoned up resume name, cute nickname and sweet pet name. I know I said I don’t [name]Ike[/name] Tigerlily, but if it were used in this sort of way, I would think it was utterly adorable.[/quote]

I appreciate your thoughts, however, I really love [name]Eliza[/name], and [name]Tilly[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name] and Tigerlily; I would hate for her to be named [name]Elizabeth[/name] nn [name]Lily[/name] nn Tigerlily nn [name]Tilly[/name], it just doesn’t work for my family. If she hates it, or wants to use another name legally (I really have no major qualms as my mother has a super rare name, as in I’ve never seen it on any name list, she did fine with it in interviews and the like) then she may use either of her mn’s, or her nn, [name]Annika[/name], [name]Anne[/name], [name]Juniper[/name], [name]June[/name] or go by [name]Tilly[/name].

Thank you. :slight_smile: