Thoughts on my sibset Jacqueline & Julian? 🐺

Everytime I refer to my future kids, I call them Jacquie & JJ, short for Jacqueline & Julian. They both have been my favourite names for many years, but I am curious to know what you all think of it.
Do they sound good together?
What sort of style do they give off?
Do you even like the names?
How about the nicknames, are there any others you prefer? Nicknames are very important to me!!!
You don’t actually have to answer l those above questions, just some ideas.
Thanks! :blush:
Xx

[name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] and [name_u]Julian[/name_u] are great names !

Some nicknames I love
[name_f]Eline[/name_f] and [name_m]Ian[/name_m]
[name_m]Jac[/name_m] and [name_u]Jules[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] is unexpected these days but I like it! [name_u]Julian[/name_u] is wonderful!! I’d probably spell it [name_u]Jackie[/name_u], but [name_f]Jacquie[/name_f] and JJ are cute nn

1 Like

The full names visually seem very different but audibly come off very close to me- same beginning letter sound, same syllable count, same ending. Although the varying nickname possibilities can make them very different from one another just the full names seem very close.

2 Likes

A bit too matchy for me, but the nicknames are cute!

1 Like

I like both names very much and think they work well together. I’ve heard of using the nickname [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] for [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f], which is a little different and unexpected. With [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], I’d like [name_u]Jules[/name_u] as nicknames.

[name_u]Quinn[/name_u] and [name_u]Jules[/name_u]

1 Like
[name_f]Do[/name_f] they sound good together?

I think so! They make a very classy pair.

What sort of style do they give off?

I get a very chic, European vibe from these two – individually and together.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you even like the names?

Yes, I do. [name_u]Julian[/name_u] is a particular favorite of mine. [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] is not, but I don’t dislike it, and I love to see it used by others. They are fairly timeless choices that perfectly balance the line between familiar and uncommon! :slight_smile:

How about the nicknames, are there any others you prefer?

I think nicknames are such personal things that, unless they make absolutely no sense considering the given names or have a strong negative connotation, I don’t think my personal preference matters. In this case, I think the nicknames you love come very naturally from the full names and seem perfectly usable to me!

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! I much prefer [name_u]Jackie[/name_u] over [name_f]Jacquie[/name_f] but the nicknames are cute too, plus I also like another’s previous suggestion of [name_u]Jack[/name_u] and [name_u]Jules[/name_u]

1 Like

I love [name_u]Julian[/name_u]! I would use [name_u]Jules[/name_u] or [name_u]Jude[/name_u] as a NN.

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f], though. It strikes me as very mid-century. I know a lot of women in their 50s-60s named [name_u]Jackie[/name_u]. It’s also a strong contrast to [name_u]Julian[/name_u], which has such soft sounds.

I think [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] or [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] make a better match with [name_u]Julian[/name_u].

1 Like

I think they make a beautiful sibling set. [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] does seem dated to me, but also rather refreshing. [name_f]Jacquie[/name_f] and JJ are adorable together. :slight_smile:

love the name julian - one of my personal faves especially with nn jules
i don’t hate jacqueline but for me it’s a name that is okay in theory - like jennifer, it could be seen as quite pretty although a little harsh, but unfortunately is very dated. makes me think of a lunch lady at a school i went to who was probably about 60

1 Like

Absolutely hate the name ‘Jacqueline’ but I like ‘Julian’ which I use as a secret nickname for my celebrity crush!

1 Like

i like both names, but to me they give off totally different vibes, so i’m not the biggest fan of them together but as far as nn’s go i like jackie & jules ! (which to me go better together than jacqueline & julilan)

1 Like