Thoughts on my list/name suggestions that match my style?

There are so many girl’s names I love, buuut I am having a boy and am kind of at a loss. I feel like I get overwhelmed by long lists of name suggestions, so I would love if you could include a bit about why you like a particular name or think it fits my style. Here’s my current list. TIA for any comments or suggestions!

[name_u]Julian[/name_u] - classic, sophisticated, solidly masculine but a bit of a softer vibe

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] - quirky, cool, reminds me of [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_u]Guthrie[/name_u]

[name_m]Rami[/name_m] - sophisticated, feels international, works in my husband’s [name_f]Indian[/name_f] culture as it can be a nn of [name_m]Ram[/name_m]. Works in the west as it’s similar to [name_u]Remy[/name_u]. Our concern with this one is that some seem to consider it more of an Arabic name which would lead to confusion.

[name_m]John[/name_m] - Family name, sometimes simple and classic is a good thing.

[name_m]Emile[/name_m] - similar vibe to [name_u]Julian[/name_u], feels international and cool but also classic.

[name_u]Rohan[/name_u] - this is my favorite [name_f]Indian[/name_f] name, sounds friendly and super wearable in the US, but my husband says every [name_u]Rohan[/name_u] he went to school with was a dudebro so he might veto it :laughing:.

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] - another softer masculine name, kind of nerdy in a cool way and reminds me of [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] Aardvark lol

Congratulations! Here’s a few name suggestions -

William
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Fredrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Trail[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_u]Archer[/name_u]
[name_m]Duccio[/name_m]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_u]Davis[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Gennaro[/name_m]
[name_m]Molloy[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_m]Reyansh[/name_m]
[name_m]Dunbar[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_u]Read[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_m]Springer[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Jacob[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_u]Jonah[/name_u]
[name_u]Sami[/name_u]/Sammy
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]

1 Like

I like Leo a lot as a nn but not as a stand-alone, and I’m not a fan of Leon/Leonard/Leonardo. There must be something else it could stand for, though. I’m gonna look into it. :thinking: Thanks for the suggestions!

Hi there.

Here are my thoughts on your list:

Julian-I love it! It’s one of my top favorites too. I feel like the same way you do. It’s gentle, witty, classic & masculine.

Arlo-This is cool & quirky. And I’m in love w/the sweet nn [name_u]Ari[/name_u].

Rami-I like this. It’s kind of sweet & witty w/a little bit of an exotic flair. I didn’t know it was Arabic or what it was. I just know it from the Mr. Robot guy.

John-Well, I like family names. But [name_m]John[/name_m] is just a little too boring. Maybe as a mn.

Emile-I can see the appeal, but it’s too close to [name_f]Emily[/name_f].

Rohan-Haha, a dudebro. That’s a good term. I like [name_u]Rohan[/name_u], but it’s hard to shake bad associations.

Arthur-It is really cute. Quirky, vintage, friendly & lovable.

Okay, so here are a few more ideas that you may like:

Asa

Basil

Eben

Ira

Jonah

Koa

Rowan

Tristan

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Thank you! You’re the second person to say that [name_m]Emile[/name_m], so it might be time to cross it out. I wonder if a different spelling like [name_m]Emil[/name_m] would help. :thinking:

I think the Mr. Robot guy [name_m]Rami[/name_m] [name_m]Malek[/name_m] would definitely be the association with [name_m]Rami[/name_m] for most people, but I don’t think it would really be a bad thing. Maybe they would find it more familiar because of him. Right now [name_u]Julian[/name_u] and [name_m]Rami[/name_m] are my top contenders. :slight_smile:

Oh, I think that [name_m]Rami[/name_m] [name_m]Malek[/name_m] is a nice association. He’s a good actor, & not bad looking.

1 Like

There are seemingly a lot of styles here! Are the girls names you like as diverse in style?

My favorite is [name_u]Julian[/name_u]! I like [name_u]Rohan[/name_u] but not [name_m]Rami[/name_m] (Reminds me of ramen? lol)

1 Like

[name_u]Julian[/name_u] is one of my favorites too! If I’m being honest I like all the names on your list! [name_u]Julian[/name_u] and [name_u]Rohan[/name_u] being my favorites!
Here’s some of my favorite names of [name_f]Indian[/name_f] origin! I’m not sure how popular they are so I’m sorry in advance if they’re too common or not your style. I feel these names have the same softness as Julian but the same fire as [name_u]Rohan[/name_u]!

Saru / Saroo (I’ve seen both spellings; this is my favorite!)
[name_u]Kiran[/name_u]
[name_m]Kanan[/name_m]
[name_m]Naveen[/name_m]
Riaan

Best of luck to you both!!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Rohan[/name_u], [name_m]Rami[/name_m], [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]!

You might like

Ashwin
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_u]Marlo[/name_u]
[name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]
[name_u]Ari[/name_u]

1 Like

How about [name_m]Leopold[/name_m]?

1 Like

I like that one, but I don’t think I could talk my husband into it lol.