Thoughts on my (long) "maybe" list?

I’m not having kids any time soon, just on here because I love names :blush: Recently I’ve found myself liking these boys’ names listed below, but I’m not sure which ones I like enough to add to my main list. I know they’re all over the place style-wise, lol. These wouldn’t be used on a real baby, just for making some new combos, so I’m not worried about things like “it would be weird for a non-Italian boy to be called [name_m]Francesco[/name_m] or [name_m]Vittorio[/name_m]”.

Anyway, which ones do you like? Which ones do you dislike? Any strong associations or negative connotations I should be aware of?

Here’s my “recent discoveries/crushes” list:
[name_m]Alessio[/name_m], [name_m]Almanzo[/name_m], [name_m]Aurelio[/name_m], [name_u]Billy[/name_u], [name_m]Branson[/name_m], [name_m]Bronson[/name_m], [name_m]Case[/name_m], [name_u]Casey[/name_u], [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], [name_m]Devlin[/name_m], [name_u]Ellison[/name_u], [name_m]Enric[/name_m], [name_m]Étienne[/name_m], [name_m]Francesco[/name_m], Geode, [name_u]Glen[/name_u], [name_u]Halston[/name_u], [name_u]Jaylen[/name_u], [name_u]Jory[/name_u], [name_m]Judd[/name_m], [name_m]Kendrick[/name_m], [name_m]Kerrigan[/name_m], [name_m]Lars[/name_m], [name_u]Lumen[/name_u], [name_m]Melchior[/name_m], [name_m]Merrick[/name_m], [name_m]Nil[/name_m], [name_u]Porter[/name_u], [name_m]Rami[/name_m]/Ramy, [name_u]Rigby[/name_u], [name_u]Rylan[/name_u], [name_m]Ryland[/name_m], [name_m]Stetson[/name_m], [name_u]Sutton[/name_u], [name_m]Vicente[/name_m], [name_m]Vittorio[/name_m], [name_m]Zebulon[/name_m]

Thank you! [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t wait to hear your thoughts.

I love:
[name_m]Alessio[/name_m]
[name_m]Aurelio[/name_m]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u] (also recently falling in love with this for boys!!)
[name_u]Jory[/name_u]
[name_m]Judd[/name_m]
[name_m]Lars[/name_m]
[name_u]Rigby[/name_u]
[name_u]Sutton[/name_u]

This is such a lovely list!! The only ones I’m not a fan of are [name_u]Rylan[/name_u] and [name_m]Ryland[/name_m] just out of personal style but these are so nice!! xx

1 Like

The only one I would point out and this one hurts because I also love this name is [name_u]Casey[/name_u]. I think of 1. [name_u]Casey[/name_u] Affleck who has a pretty stinky reputation and has had sexual allegations against him and 2. [name_u]Casey[/name_u] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] who was charged with murdering her two year old. Since kids are a long way off I think both of these people will have less of a lasting affect but it’s what I think of! To be fair though, I live in [name_f]Florida[/name_f] where the [name_u]Casey[/name_u] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] case happened so if you lived anywhere else it wouldn’t be that known.

1 Like

To bring the mood up again after my wild comment, I love from your list:
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellison[/name_u]
[name_u]Porter[/name_u]
[name_u]Sutton[/name_u]

The other ones are wonderful too, but these were my fave!

1 Like

@MargotAbeline Thank you!

@sophia_elena Thank you for pointing that out! I’ve never heard of [name_u]Casey[/name_u] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m], but that’s definitely not a good association. Hopefully those connections will fade over time. In the mean time, maybe I’ll stick [name_u]Casey[/name_u] in the middle spot.

2 Likes

Sorry for bringing the name down :frowning_face:
Since [name_u]Casey[/name_u] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] is a girl people might not be able to make a connection!
It really is such a beautiful name that feels familiar and unique!

1 Like

It’s all good! I’d rather know about a bad association than be oblivious while other people make the connection.

1 Like

The first thing that came to mind for me when I heard [name_u]Casey[/name_u] was Casey at the [name_m]Bat[/name_m], the poem by [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] [name_m]Thayer[/name_m] taught to us during my K-8 school days.

1 Like

Case [name_u]Halston[/name_u]
[name_m]Case[/name_m] [name_m]Bronson[/name_m]
[name_m]Bronson[/name_m] [name_m]Alessio[/name_m]
[name_u]Halston[/name_u] [name_m]Judd[/name_m]
[name_m]Lars[/name_m] [name_m]Kendrick[/name_m]
[name_u]Ellison[/name_u] [name_u]Porter[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellison[/name_u] [name_m]Merrick[/name_m]
[name_u]Sutton[/name_u] [name_m]Alessio[/name_m]

1 Like

Alessio, [name_m]Aurelio[/name_m], and [name_m]Vittorio[/name_m] make me want an Italian baby :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Almanzo reminds me of [name_m]Little[/name_m] House on the [name_u]Prairie[/name_u]. I rather like it.
Geode reminds me of the geodesic dome.
[name_u]Halston[/name_u], [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] and [name_m]Kerrigan[/name_m] are girls’ names in my opinion.
[name_m]Melchior[/name_m] is quite interesting. Wasn’t he one of the Three Kings?
[name_u]Rigby[/name_u] of course reminds me of the Beatles’ tune. It’s okay though.
[name_m]Stetson[/name_m]—very cowboy
[name_m]Zebulon[/name_m]—futuristic but quite interesting

1 Like

Thank you everybody!

@shells15 I’m glad you have a more positive association with the name!

@Summs I really like [name_u]Ellison[/name_u] [name_u]Porter[/name_u] and [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] [name_m]Alessio[/name_m], thank you!

@heloise_chrissa I agree- they’re such handsome names! Thank you!

@voughtlori I think of [name_m]Little[/name_m] House on the [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] too- I like the connection! Yes, [name_m]Melchior[/name_m] was one of the Three Kings. And I almost forgot about the song [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Rigby[/name_u]! I love the cowboy vibe [name_m]Stetson[/name_m] has, so I’m glad that’s your association.

2 Likes

Almanzo is such a great name, I really love it!

I also like…

Aurelio
[name_m]Etienne[/name_m]
[name_u]Porter[/name_u]
[name_m]Stetson[/name_m]
[name_u]Sutton[/name_u]
[name_m]Vicente[/name_m]
[name_m]Vittorio[/name_m]

Can’t decide if I’m liking [name_u]Billy[/name_u] or not :laughing: I think it has some charm. I would also like [name_m]Nils[/name_m] but not feeling [name_m]Nil[/name_m]. The rest aren’t my cuppa java.

1 Like

My favorites are:

Ellison
[name_m]Étienne[/name_m] (I absolutely adore this one)
[name_m]Kerrigan[/name_m]
[name_u]Lumen[/name_u]
[name_m]Melchior[/name_m] (this definitely deserves more love)
[name_u]Rigby[/name_u]
[name_m]Zebulon[/name_m] (such a cool name)

I don’t particularly like [name_m]Alessio[/name_m], [name_m]Case[/name_m], [name_m]Devlin[/name_m], [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], [name_m]Francesco[/name_m], [name_m]Lars[/name_m] & [name_u]Rylan[/name_u].

1 Like

I really like

Billy
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellison[/name_u]
[name_u]Jory[/name_u]
[name_m]Kerrigan[/name_m]
[name_u]Rigby[/name_u]

1 Like

@Yuma @Rosebeth @Greyblue Thank you all for your feedback! I enjoy seeing what names people like and dislike.

Such a beautiful list!!!

my favorites:
[name_u]Jory[/name_u] - one of my favorite names, I love seeing it on someone else’s list! I first heard it in Game of Thrones, and fell in love.
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u] - handsome, dashing, literary. It’s a perfect name! (Also, this name is all boy to me!)
[name_m]Etienne[/name_m] - I love [name_m]Etienne[/name_m] so much, it’s on my gp list currently. It makes me smile.
[name_u]Rigby[/name_u] - quirky, fun, and cool! I also love the [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Rigby[/name_u] association.
[name_m]Judd[/name_m] - reminds me of [name_m]Judd[/name_m] [name_m]Nelson[/name_m], which I like. this is more southern feeling than my usual tastes, but I’ve always liked it!
[name_m]Nil[/name_m] - love the spelling and the sound! It’s familiar, but unexpected.
[name_m]Aurelio[/name_m] - golden and handsome. I love saying this name!
[name_u]Lumen[/name_u] - [name_u]Lumen[/name_u] is so lovely!! It’s so soft and sweet.
[name_m]Melchior[/name_m] - the sound of this is great. This name feels very strong and brave.
[name_m]Merrick[/name_m] - a bit popular/trendy sounding, but I’ve always liked [name_m]Merrick[/name_m]!
[name_m]Rami[/name_m] - love the sound and the [name_m]Rami[/name_m] [name_m]Malek[/name_m] association!
[name_m]Zebulon[/name_m] - this is just the coolest name ever! I think it’s zippy and fun!

I also like [name_u]Halston[/name_u], [name_u]Ellison[/name_u], Geode, [name_m]Ryland[/name_m], and [name_u]Sutton[/name_u]!
I’m not personally a fan of [name_m]Case[/name_m], [name_u]Glen[/name_u], [name_u]Jaylen[/name_u], [name_m]Kendrick[/name_m], or [name_m]Kerrigan[/name_m] myself!! I also want to like [name_m]Devlin[/name_m], but not a fan of the poor meaning!