Thoughts on my name list girls

[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Jamesie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] “[name]Bella[/name]”: [name]Isobel[/name] is my grandma’s name, [name]Jamesie[/name] is my nana’s name and [name]Rose[/name] just sounds good with [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Jamesie[/name]. The nickname I love the most is [name]Bella[/name] because it means beautiful.

[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] “[name]Soph[/name]” : [name]Anne[/name] is my middle name, my mums middle name, my grandmas first middle name and my great grandma’s first name.

[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] “[name]Mia[/name]”: [name]Grace[/name] is my great-grandma’s name and the only great-grandparent I ever met and [name]Ruby[/name] is after my sister, dad and granddad who were all born in [name]July[/name]. The nickname will be [name]Mia[/name] which is a bit too common in west aus.

[name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] “[name]Ellie[/name]”:[name]Elspeth[/name] is my mums name, [name]Louise[/name] is my sisters middle name and [name]Poppy[/name] for the Australians who risked their lives for us in WW1.

Those are my top four for girls so what do you think? I don’t care about the popularity.

[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Jamesie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] -[name]Isobel[/name] is lovely name, and that’s an underused variant of spelling, so I like it. [name]Jamesie[/name] I don’t like at all though, sorry. [name]Rose[/name] is the quintessential middle name, and I’m very much not a fan of it because of that. But the overall combo is nice.

[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] - Nice combo, but the intials could be a nickname: [name]Sam[/name]. I find the name boring though. [name]Sophie[/name] is popular, and [name]Anne[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] is rather bland imo. It’s not bad though at all!

[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] - Nice! I prefer [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Grace[/name] though.

[name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] - This one sound way too choppy. There’s no real flow, and it’s kinda all over the place to me.

I’m also not really a fan of naming after other family members at all, so that detracts from the names as well.

[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Jamesie[/name] [name]Rose[/name]- I really love that spelling variant of [name]Isobel[/name], and it goes nice with [name]Rose[/name]. I havent heard of [name]Jamesie[/name] before, but I like that it was your nana’s name.
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]- A nice combination.
[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]- My favourite of the four, but like east93 I prefer [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Grace[/name].
[name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Poppy[/name]- I like the two middle names, but [name]Elspeth[/name] is not my favourite, just not my style.

I love how much family significance is in all your combos!

[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Jamesie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - I absolutely love [name]Isobel[/name], but I vastly prefer [name]Isabelle[/name], as you can see in my signature. :slight_smile: I’m not hugely fond of [name]Rose[/name], but I do think [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Jamesie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] works well. [name]How[/name] do you say [name]Jamesie[/name]? [name]JAY[/name]-meh-see?

[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] - pretty. I especially love [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Anne[/name]. I prefer [name]Magda[/name] or [name]Magdalena[/name] to [name]Margaret[/name], but [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] is very pretty.

[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] - I’m not crazy about [name]Miranda[/name], personally. It sounds really dated to me, personally, although it might not be where you are. I like [name]Milena[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] more, with the nn [name]Mia[/name]…

[name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] - very pretty, although I like [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Louise[/name] better for its flow. While I love the significance of [name]Elspeth[/name], I am a bit put off by the fact that [name]Isobel[/name] and [name]Elspeth[/name] are both forms of [name]Elizabeth[/name] and they could both choose to go by [name]Ellie[/name] some day. What about something like [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Louise[/name]?

Good luck!

[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Jamesie[/name] [name]Rose[/name]- I agree with bluebonnie, this is such a great spelling of the name! I love it.
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]- It’s nice but a little bit bland, maybe [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Anne[/name]? (also i love the initials SEA)
[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]- [name]Miranda[/name] seems a little dated to me, but I think it’s nice in the middle spot with [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Grace[/name].
[name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Poppy[/name]- I love this but would also re-arrange it into [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Louise[/name]! [name]Poppy[/name] is just so bright and spunky, why not make it the star? :slight_smile:

I love that these all have so much meaning!

Their all lovely names with great significance behind them. Any one of them is a great choice. I much prefer [name]Poppy[/name] as a middle name or nn, [name]Elspeth[/name] is much better for a first name than [name]Poppy[/name]. I love the family ties with all the names.

[name]Poppy[/name] is only a middle because my mums parents lived in [name]England[/name] during the war and my pop knew people who died I don’t really like it as a first name as it is so common in Australia.

ashthedreamer [name]Jamesie[/name] is pronounced like [name]James[/name] with an ee sound so [name]James[/name]-ee and I am keeping the [name]Isobel[/name] spellling being the scottish way and that is where my grandma is from and that is how her name is spelt.

The other options for the nickname ‘Eliie’ are [name]Eleanor[/name] or [name]Ellen[/name] do you prefer any of those

east93 [name]Jamesie[/name] is definitely staying as it is my nana’s name and my dad doesn’t know the names of her parents (his great-grandparents) so I will be using it for my dad.

[name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name] are names I have loved for years and I love [name]Isobel[/name] and [name]Elspeth[/name].

I like [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Jamesie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Poppy[/name], though if I could change anything it would be [name]Louise[/name] to [name]Louisa[/name]. [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] sounds so much sweeter to me. Your other names are nice, just either overdone or dated [name]IMO[/name].

I see you said that your family is from [name]Scotland[/name], so I wonder if [name]Jamesie[/name] is a short for of the Scottish name, [name]Jamesina[/name]? I think [name]Jamesie[/name] is fine in the middle and really like using family names.

Yeah i am from scottish background but her name is just [name]Jamesie[/name] not [name]Jamesina[/name]

[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Jamesie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] has so much sass. The flow of [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] is lovely. [name]Elspeth[/name] is a name I love. I would prefer [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Louise[/name] for flow. The only thing I have to add it that [name]Isobel[/name], [name]Miranda[/name], or [name]Elspeth[/name] is too pretty for a nn. [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] has excellent flow but seems a bit common in comparison to others.

I like the combos for [name]Isobel[/name] and [name]Elspeth[/name] together and [name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name] together for sisters. I love your use of family names. Special!