Thoughts on my name options

I like too many girl names and go back and forth all the time. Here are my top three right now. What do you think?

Just a note, nicknames will be used often so they are important, but she will primarily go by her first name. Also I do like the alliteration. I totally respect if that’s not your thing but I think it’s charming :blush:

Sophie [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] nn Phi/Phia
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] nn [name_u]Penny[/name_u]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]

1 Like

My favorite is [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]! :grin:

I’m totally fine with alliteration also (if it sounds good.) I would eliminate [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f] because the names are completely different and the nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is way less nice than Phi/Phia.

I think all three are whimsical and charming! LOVE [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f] in particular. :slight_smile:

Penelope [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is my favourite, it’s lovely and spunky

1 Like

Elowen [name_f]Edith[/name_f] is gorgeous

I like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] best. I like the name [name_u]Penny[/name_u] too.

Penelope [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is so beautiful ! So classy but yet feminine and romantic

I absolutely love [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] and [name_u]Penny[/name_u] is such a sweet nickname.

I love [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]!

This makes me wonder why I’ve avoided alliteration. [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is magnificent! By far the favorite. Second choice would be [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f].

1 Like

Hi there.

Here are my thoughts-

Sophie [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]-That’s such a beautiful combo. For some reason I really like [name_f]Sofie[/name_f] more. Maybe it just seems more [name_u]French[/name_u] & unique. It’s a super popular name either way though. Especially if you factor in all of the Sophias who go by [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. And I like Fi more than Phi. I think…I call doggy, [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], Fi sometimes.

Penelope [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]-On one hand, I think that this alliteration is darling. But I just don’t know if P.P. is a good idea. Maybe it’s not a big deal, since she’d have a last name too. Initials aside, [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] nn [name_u]Penny[/name_u] could not be cuter.

Elowen [name_f]Edith[/name_f]-I like both of these names a lot. And I don’t mind the alliteration at all. I kind of don’t like how they’re such drastically different styles. Either way, [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is lovely.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Love [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f]. I prefer nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] :slight_smile:

1 Like

Penelope [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is my favourite! Familiar, charming and sweet without being too popular/trendy. [name_u]Love[/name_u] it! I prefer the nickname [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] over [name_u]Penny[/name_u] though.

Elowen [name_f]Edith[/name_f] is my runners up. [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is adorable, and [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is elegant and magical sounding. Not a big fan of [name_f]Edith[/name_f], I think it’s a bit outdated.

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. I find [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] overused and too popular, and I’m not a fan of Phi/Phia as a nickname, though it is a refreshing option. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is beautiful, but still very popular, so next to [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] I’m not a fan. I would like [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] more with a different, more unusual name!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]!

I love [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] but unfortunately can’t use it

Penelope [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]!
It sounds like the lead character in a book.

1 Like

As far as [name_u]Penny[/name_u] as a nickname for [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], I much prefer any other nickname that could come out of [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]. [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]. But my husband absolutely adores [name_u]Penny[/name_u] and I’m pretty sure that’s the only thing he would call her. And since [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is 3 syllables I have a feeling other people will shorten it too and [name_u]Penny[/name_u] will probably just stick. So if we go with [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] I feel like I would need to make my peace with [name_u]Penny[/name_u]. Which is honesty what is giving me doubts about [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]. But [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]/Penny has always been my husband’s favorite. So I’m strongly considering it for him

And for [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f] I do think that the sounds flow beautifully together but that’s a very good point a few of you are making about the names being different styles.

Sophie is very popular. Might be cute as a nickname but maybe too popular for me as a first name. I might be back to the drawing board on all of these. Thanks everyone for your input!

1 Like