Thoughts On My New User Card

So, after being on nb for almost a year, I’ve finally put together my user card and I‘d like to hear your thoughts. What are you favorites? Are there any you don’t like? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any suggestions? Is it too nature-y? How would you describe my overall style? I’m still not 100% sure on some of these so your feedback is greatly appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I really love your user [name_m]card[/name_m]! You have so many of my favorite names on there, so I’m biased. You seem to like some vintage/timeless names and nature-inspired names, with a friendly and offbeat overall style!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] (gorgeous!), [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_u]Fable[/name_u], [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] (on my user card is [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]), [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] (I love both names, but I’m neutral on the flow), [name_u]Micah[/name_u] [name_u]Rain[/name_u], and [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] [name_u]Indigo[/name_u]!

I don’t think your names are too nature-y, especially because it’s just playing with combinations as opposed to giving people all of these names.

I think all of the ones I don’t love as much are just based on personal taste. [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] is the only one whose flow I’m not in love with.

1 Like

Thank you so much! [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] was one of the ones I wasn’t sure about but I really wanted to include both names. I love your naming style, by the way!

1 Like

I’ll comment on my top 6 for each gender, but I find all of your names inspiring. I think you have a great balance of nature names with “normal, everyday” names. I love it.

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] - The imagery in this name is spectacular. I absolutely love it!

[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] - I love the change up from [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] for a fn. Also, the use of [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] gives a fresh twist on a well-worn mn, [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] - I don’t often hear [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] as a fn where I live… I think it’s fabulous. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is classic and very lovable.

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] - [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is a light, happy sounding name and I’m thrilled to see it. [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is a nice, simple nature name that fits it well.

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] - I love seeing [name_f]Alice[/name_f] as a fn! I don’t usually like [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], but it suits [name_f]Alice[/name_f] well in this pairing.

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] - [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] is sweet. It’s great to see such a simple yet classic name as [name_f]Clara[/name_f], and [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] is a nice switch up to the normal flower names.

[name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] - A sweet name with an adventurous side. Amazing.

[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] - Though I usually see [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] on girls, I love it paired with [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] for a boy. Smart.

[name_u]Idris[/name_u] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] - [name_u]Idris[/name_u] is a name with a great namesake. I am putting it on my gp list. [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] is one of my favourite nature names.

[name_m]Julien[/name_m] [name_u]Snow[/name_u] - [name_m]Julien[/name_m] is a name I don’t hear often, but I find it quite sweet. I love that snow is paired with it.

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Forest[/name_u] - Having been on NB for a while, I have started to see the appeal of [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]. Pairing it with [name_u]Forest[/name_u] is genius.

[name_u]Micah[/name_u] [name_u]Rain[/name_u] - Absolutely beautiful. I don’t often see [name_u]Micah[/name_u] as a fn these days, but I like it. [name_u]Rain[/name_u] is another one of my favourite nature names, and I am so happy to see it being used.

1 Like

Thank you so much! :blush:

1 Like

I really like it! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], [name_u]Noel[/name_u] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], and [name_u]Micah[/name_u] [name_u]Rain[/name_u]. I would describe your style as vintage and natural, and I don’t think it’s too nature-y.

I think some names you may like are those that fall at the overlap of nature and vintage- like [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], and [name_u]Basil[/name_u].

1 Like

Thank you! Opal was actually one of my favorite names as a kid but I’d kind of forgotten about it. I really like it! Violet is also the name of my pet rabbit, so that suggestion was spot on, too!

1 Like

My favourites:
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_u]Fable[/name_u]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Amity[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u]

I think I agree that the flow of [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] doesn’t quite work. I also find [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] a little choppier than the other girls names, though there’s nothing objectively wrong with it.

1 Like

Thanks for your input! :slightly_smiling_face:

I love your whole list but [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_u]Fable[/name_u] and [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] are my absolute favourites :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I adore the nature vibes going through all your combos :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@Luminen and @planetnames Thank you so much!

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s any such thing as too naturey! [name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] and [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] :heart_eyes:
Many of the girls’ names you have are also favourites of mine. Our tastes diverge more with the boys. [name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_u]Snow[/name_u] is my least favourite and that’s purely down to personal taste on [name_m]Julien[/name_m] and only imagining [name_u]Snow[/name_u] for a girl so far.

1 Like

Amelie [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u], [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] [name_u]Dove[/name_u], [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Julien[/name_m] [name_u]Snow[/name_u], [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], [name_u]Noel[/name_u] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Forest[/name_u], [name_u]Micah[/name_u] [name_u]Rain[/name_u], are my personal favorites! But overall I love all of these names!

1 Like