Thoughts on my 'secondary' faves

[name_u]Love[/name_u] ~ [name_u]Romilly[/name_u] - the name I could imagine giving myself if I had to change my name. It’s long but doesn’t sound too fem or frilly to me. [name_f]My[/name_f] synaesthesia colours this deep red and black.
[name_u]Romy[/name_u], [name_f]Elara[/name_f], [name_u]Cleo[/name_u], [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Effie[/name_f], [name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] - my favourite on this list.
[name_f]Bronte[/name_f] - I’m stuck on the “wrong” PN of Brontay, however!

Like ~ [name_f]Tansy[/name_f], [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f], [name_u]Abilene[/name_u],
[name_f]Ismay[/name_f] - inexplicably recently fell out of the love and into the like category

Neutral ~ [name_f]Embla[/name_f]. I’m just not familiar with this name, so I have the word association of emblem getting in the way of me thinking about it as a name. I think I’d adore it on a person!
[name_f]Ilaria[/name_f] - sound wise, stunning. Unfortunately I have the word association of ‘hilarious’ which puts me off, so [name_f]Ilaria[/name_f] is a love and a dislike, ending up misfiled in neutral.

Dislike ~ [name_u]Dessie[/name_u] - PN [name_f]Dezzie[/name_f]? I like the sound of [name_u]Dessie[/name_u] PN Deh-see. It makes me think it could be derived from [name_f]Desirée[/name_f].

1 Like

Forgot to answer the bonus question!
I’d go for [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] naming a daughter on my own, [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Marceline[/name_f] with a [name_u]French[/name_u] partner and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Marcelina[/name_f] with a Polish partner :wink: Sneakily getting in 3 options there!

1 Like

Embla - i like this one, it’s quite unusual but doesn’t sound weird which is a good middle ground. sounds a lot like emblem

Tansy - love this, very cutesy and fun! Reminds me of names like Daisy, Rosie and Poppy but a lot less popular

Romilly / Romy - grouping these together as I’d do Romilly nn Romy. I think it’s very pretty, and it used to be on my list and was for quite a long time. It’s lost some of its charm for me but i still love for others

Elara - i like it. It isn’t my favourite, i much prefer Clara and this looks a little bit like a typo for me. Definitely unusual though, I’ve never met one

Ginevra - sorry, i really dislike this one :persevere: it’s not the worst in the world, but the letters just don’t make sense in my head and looks a bit like a keyboard smash?? I like the name Ginny, but would go for that as a full name

Ilaria - the more i look at this, the more i like it! I have very few “i” names on my lists so maybe I’ll have to add this :relaxed:

Cleo - i used to love this name a lot, and dislike Chloe, but now it’s kinda moving the other way around. I feel like it would make a great name for a pet, i just personally wouldn’t use it for a child. Again, i like it for others

Opal - gorgeous gem stone (my birthstone which makes me love it even more). Elegant and kinda vintage vibes whilst still being contemporary. I think it’s great but is probably rising in popularity??

Bronte - my favourite name on your list! I also love the Brontë spelling :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m not a huge reader but I like to romanticise that era of the Brontë sisters and literary names are really cool and timeless in my opinion. Think it works well in the first and middle spots

Abilene - i like it. However, i prefer names like Adeline. The “abil” bit makes it feel masculine to me for some reason

Effie - i want to like this, it’s very cute and kinda my style, but it sounds a bit rude to me so i could never use it. May have some unsavoury nicknames

Dessie - haven’t come across this one. It’s quite nice, nn Dess sounds vintage

Ismay - i just read “dismay” :pensive: it’s a shame because i love Esme / Esmé so much so i should like this, but couldn’t get over it eek

Lois - not a fan I’m afraid. I think it’s the family guy connection. It makes it quite unattractive to me. I can see the appeal behind it however, and would enjoy seeing it on a young girl

Margot - like most berries, i very much enjoy this one. It covers so many bases, being vintage and cool. I much prefer it to Margaret which i do not care for. I know a baby called Margot and this makes it cute and wearable to me

Elodie - beautiful and elegant. Love this! I know it’s on a lot of lists but I’ve never met one so to me it is still quite unique and not overused. I now prefer it to Eloise and Melody, both of which used to be on my list until this came along

Hope these are helpful! Some lovely names on here xx

1 Like

LOVE
[name_f]Tansy[/name_f]
[name_u]Romilly[/name_u]
[name_u]Romy[/name_u]
[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]
[name_u]Cleo[/name_u] - !
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]

[name_f]Elara[/name_f]
[name_f]Ilaria[/name_f]
[name_f]Bronte[/name_f]
[name_f]Ismay[/name_f]
[name_f]Lois[/name_f]

LOSE
[name_f]Embla[/name_f]
[name_u]Abilene[/name_u]
[name_f]Effie[/name_f]
[name_u]Dessie[/name_u]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]

Bonus: There’s obviously [name_u]Cleo[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], but using something new:

[name_u]Romy[/name_u] [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] (both names from your list) & [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Calista[/name_f] (using only one name).

1 Like

@blueangel it’s always interesting to see what’s popular in different areas! [name_f]Elara[/name_f] [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] is pretty - thank you!

@regionlatbest thank you!! [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is lovely and [name_f]Effie[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] is gorgeous

@may.rose thank you!! [name_f]Ismay[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u] is delightful!!

@Gabriellenz [name_u]Romy[/name_u] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] is so lovely! Thank you!!

@Emarkulics Thank you!! [name_u]Cleo[/name_u] [name_u]Quin[/name_u] is so snappy and cute!

@lovelye thank you for all your honest thoughts!!

@QuirkFlower thank you!!! [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to see someone else enjoy [name_f]Tansy[/name_f] - and it is super cute for [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]! And yeah, the HP link in [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] bothers me, especially when I’m going for the [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] link instead - but maybe I can get over it. Thank you for your honest thoughts!!

@SparkleNinja18 love those descriptions!! [name_f]Embla[/name_f] [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] is so cool as are [name_f]Ismay[/name_f] [name_f]Sunflower[/name_f] and [name_u]Cleo[/name_u] Solstice!! (love your [name_m]Somerled[/name_m] too - but that is so very you!!)

@janeybaby thank you!!

@EdgeOfTheMeadow thank you!! Brontay sounds good too - and I’ve heard plenty of [name_f]English[/name_f] teachers and some uni professors say it like that too, so I think it’s fine!!
I’d pronounce [name_u]Dessie[/name_u] as Deh-see, like the sound it [name_f]Tess[/name_f]!
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Marceline[/name_f] are wonderful!!

@october.sunflower thank you for all your thoughts!! I like the [name_f]Brontë[/name_f] spelling too, I’m just too lazy to spell it that way on my laptop :grin:

@AStudyIn_Scarlet thank you!! [name_u]Romy[/name_u] [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] is gorgeous - love it!!

8 Likes