Thoughts on my 'secondary' faves

[name_u]Love[/name_u] ~ [name_u]Romilly[/name_u] - the name I could imagine giving myself if I had to change my name. It’s long but doesn’t sound too fem or frilly to me. [name_f]My[/name_f] synaesthesia colours this deep red and black.
[name_u]Romy[/name_u], [name_f]Elara[/name_f], [name_u]Cleo[/name_u], [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Effie[/name_f], [name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] - my favourite on this list.
[name_f]Bronte[/name_f] - I’m stuck on the “wrong” PN of Brontay, however!

Like ~ [name_f]Tansy[/name_f], [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f], [name_u]Abilene[/name_u],
[name_f]Ismay[/name_f] - inexplicably recently fell out of the love and into the like category

Neutral ~ [name_f]Embla[/name_f]. I’m just not familiar with this name, so I have the word association of emblem getting in the way of me thinking about it as a name. I think I’d adore it on a person!
[name_f]Ilaria[/name_f] - sound wise, stunning. Unfortunately I have the word association of ‘hilarious’ which puts me off, so [name_f]Ilaria[/name_f] is a love and a dislike, ending up misfiled in neutral.

Dislike ~ [name_u]Dessie[/name_u] - PN [name_f]Dezzie[/name_f]? I like the sound of [name_u]Dessie[/name_u] PN Deh-see. It makes me think it could be derived from [name_f]Desirée[/name_f].

1 Like

Forgot to answer the bonus question!
I’d go for [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] naming a daughter on my own, [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Marceline[/name_f] with a [name_u]French[/name_u] partner and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Marcelina[/name_f] with a Polish partner :wink: Sneakily getting in 3 options there!

1 Like

[name_f]Embla[/name_f] - i like this one, it’s quite unusual but doesn’t sound weird which is a good middle ground. sounds a lot like emblem

[name_f]Tansy[/name_f] - love this, very cutesy and fun! Reminds me of names like [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] but a lot less popular

[name_u]Romilly[/name_u] / [name_u]Romy[/name_u] - grouping these together as I’d do [name_u]Romilly[/name_u] nn [name_u]Romy[/name_u]. I think it’s very pretty, and it used to be on my list and was for quite a long time. It’s lost some of its charm for me but i still love for others

[name_f]Elara[/name_f] - i like it. It isn’t my favourite, i much prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and this looks a little bit like a typo for me. Definitely unusual though, I’ve never met one

[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] - sorry, i really dislike this one :persevere: it’s not the worst in the world, but the letters just don’t make sense in my head and looks a bit like a keyboard smash?? I like the name [name_f]Ginny[/name_f], but would go for that as a full name

[name_f]Ilaria[/name_f] - the more i look at this, the more i like it! I have very few “i” names on my lists so maybe I’ll have to add this :relaxed:

[name_u]Cleo[/name_u] - i used to love this name a lot, and dislike [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], but now it’s kinda moving the other way around. I feel like it would make a great name for a pet, i just personally wouldn’t use it for a child. Again, i like it for others

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] - gorgeous gem stone (my birthstone which makes me love it even more). Elegant and kinda vintage vibes whilst still being contemporary. I think it’s great but is probably rising in popularity??

[name_f]Bronte[/name_f] - my favourite name on your list! I also love the [name_f]Brontë[/name_f] spelling :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m not a huge reader but I like to romanticise that era of the [name_f]Brontë[/name_f] sisters and literary names are really cool and timeless in my opinion. Think it works well in the first and middle spots

[name_u]Abilene[/name_u] - i like it. However, i prefer names like [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]. The “abil” bit makes it feel masculine to me for some reason

[name_f]Effie[/name_f] - i want to like this, it’s very cute and kinda my style, but it sounds a bit rude to me so i could never use it. [name_f]May[/name_f] have some unsavoury nicknames

[name_u]Dessie[/name_u] - haven’t come across this one. It’s quite nice, nn Dess sounds vintage

[name_f]Ismay[/name_f] - i just read “dismay” :pensive: it’s a shame because i love [name_u]Esme[/name_u] / [name_u]Esmé[/name_u] so much so i should like this, but couldn’t get over it eek

[name_f]Lois[/name_f] - not a fan I’m afraid. I think it’s the family guy connection. It makes it quite unattractive to me. I can see the appeal behind it however, and would enjoy seeing it on a young girl

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] - like most berries, i very much enjoy this one. It covers so many bases, being vintage and cool. I much prefer it to [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] which i do not care for. I know a baby called [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and this makes it cute and wearable to me

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] - beautiful and elegant. [name_u]Love[/name_u] this! I know it’s on a lot of lists but I’ve never met one so to me it is still quite unique and not overused. I now prefer it to [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and [name_f]Melody[/name_f], both of which used to be on my list until this came along

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] these are helpful! Some lovely names on here xx

1 Like

LOVE
[name_f]Tansy[/name_f]
[name_u]Romilly[/name_u]
[name_u]Romy[/name_u]
[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]
[name_u]Cleo[/name_u] - !
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]

[name_f]Elara[/name_f]
[name_f]Ilaria[/name_f]
[name_f]Bronte[/name_f]
[name_f]Ismay[/name_f]
[name_f]Lois[/name_f]

LOSE
[name_f]Embla[/name_f]
[name_u]Abilene[/name_u]
[name_f]Effie[/name_f]
[name_u]Dessie[/name_u]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]

Bonus: There’s obviously [name_u]Cleo[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], but using something new:

[name_u]Romy[/name_u] [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] (both names from your list) & [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Calista[/name_f] (using only one name).

1 Like

@blueangel it’s always interesting to see what’s popular in different areas! [name_f]Elara[/name_f] [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] is pretty - thank you!

@regionlatbest thank you!! [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is lovely and [name_f]Effie[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] is gorgeous

@MG1257 thank you!! [name_f]Ismay[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u] is delightful!!

@Gabriellenz [name_u]Romy[/name_u] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] is so lovely! Thank you!!

@Emarkulics Thank you!! [name_u]Cleo[/name_u] [name_u]Quin[/name_u] is so snappy and cute!

@lovelye thank you for all your honest thoughts!!

@QuirkFlower thank you!!! [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to see someone else enjoy [name_f]Tansy[/name_f] - and it is super cute for [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]! And yeah, the HP link in [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] bothers me, especially when I’m going for the [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] link instead - but maybe I can get over it. Thank you for your honest thoughts!!

@SparkleNinja18 love those descriptions!! [name_f]Embla[/name_f] [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] is so cool as are [name_f]Ismay[/name_f] [name_f]Sunflower[/name_f] and [name_u]Cleo[/name_u] Solstice!! (love your [name_m]Somerled[/name_m] too - but that is so very you!!)

@janeybaby thank you!!

@EdgeOfTheMeadow thank you!! Brontay sounds good too - and I’ve heard plenty of [name_f]English[/name_f] teachers and some uni professors say it like that too, so I think it’s fine!!
I’d pronounce [name_u]Dessie[/name_u] as Deh-see, like the sound it [name_f]Tess[/name_f]!
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Marceline[/name_f] are wonderful!!

@mollysilvester thank you for all your thoughts!! I like the [name_f]Brontë[/name_f] spelling too, I’m just too lazy to spell it that way on my laptop :grin:

@AStudyIn_Scarlet thank you!! [name_u]Romy[/name_u] [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] is gorgeous - love it!!

8 Likes