thoughts on my sister's name...

[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Marie[/name]:
Can it be separated from [name]Marie[/name] [name]Antoinette[/name]?
[name]Antoinette[/name] and [name]Marie[/name] are family names…
Some people I’ve talked to have said the name is ridiculous and unfortunate, others think it’s pretty. [name]Just[/name] thought I’d open the topic up to some name nerds…

I think as long as [name]Antoinette[/name] is first and [name]Marie[/name] is next, it’s okay. You wouldn’t want to name her [name]Marie[/name] [name]Antoinette[/name] or people will immediately think of Madame Guillotine.

I strongly dislike [name]Alexandra[/name], but [name]Antoinette[/name] is stunning! I agree that [name]Antoinette[/name] [name]Marie[/name] is a little strange, but it’s okay in that order. I’ve never been a fan of [name]Marie[/name] as a middle name; it’s just not unique. I would totally use [name]Antoinette[/name], though, as either a first or a middle name!

To my ear [name]Alexandra[/name] doesn’t really go with [name]Antoinette[/name] or [name]Marie[/name] (Russian then French, French?) but more to the point - I really don’t think you can have [name]Antoinette[/name] and [name]Marie[/name] together - just sounds strange and snags the hear to have the famous names the ‘wrong’ way round.

However I love [name]Antoinette[/name]. Really pretty. I think it has an Antoinetta variant too (Have a look at Wide Sargasso Sea by [name]Jean[/name] [name]Rhys[/name] - the mother and daughter are both called variants of [name]Antoinette[/name] in that and have heaps of nicknames/variants. Tragic book though!)

It is very evocative of [name]Marie[/name] [name]Antoinette[/name]. Maybe if you used [name]Antonia[/name] instead it wouldn’t have that association.