Thoughts on my top 15

We’re expecting baby #5 and I was just wanting some fresh opinions on my top 15 names. We don’t know the gender and probably won’t find out so I have lists for both boys and girls. Older siblings are Aubriella [name]Braelyn[/name], [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Avalon[/name], [name]Aidyn[/name] [name]Ryker[/name], and Taylee-[name]Rose[/name] [name]Amethyst[/name]. Last name is two syllables and starts and ends with the ‘s’ sound. Here they are, have at 'em.

Girls:
[name]Lyric[/name]
[name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Acacia[/name]
Ellowyn
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Aviana[/name]
Irelyn
[name]Genesis[/name]
[name]Makenna[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Taryn[/name]
[name]Alyxia[/name]
[name]Jewel[/name]
[name]Sienna[/name]

Boys:
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Chanson[/name]
[name]Evander[/name]
[name]Merrick[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Brycen[/name]
[name]Sebastien[/name]
Maxson
Atreyu
[name]Rune[/name]
[name]Torin[/name]
Dracen/Draeson (undecided on spelling)
Alexavier
[name]Soren[/name]

I prefer [name]Elowen[/name] to Ellowyn, [name]Ireland[/name] to Irelyn, and [name]Alexia[/name] to [name]Alyxia[/name]. I do like [name]Coralie[/name] and [name]Willow[/name], but the rest are not my style.

For boys, I like [name]Evander[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Soren[/name], [name]Sebastien[/name], and [name]Rune[/name]. I would spell it Dracen, Draeson looks messy to me.

Here are my favorites. The rest are not my style.

Girls:
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]

Boys:
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Sebastien[/name]

1st off congrats on #5.
2nd your style is nothing like mine, but so I’ll do my best to be objective and consider each name as part of your existing sib-set and hopefully within your style.

Aubriella [name]Braelyn[/name], [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Avalon[/name], [name]Aidyn[/name] [name]Ryker[/name], and Taylee-[name]Rose[/name] [name]Amethyst[/name].

Girls:
[name]Lyric[/name] - I actually really like [name]Lyric[/name] and [name]Lyra[/name]. I think both would be beautiful additions and match nicely with [name]Kaia[/name]'s shorter name.
[name]Rhiannon[/name] - This feels out of place and life-less when compared to your other kids names.
[name]Acacia[/name] - I could see this working well with your other kids names.
Ellowyn - like pp mentioned I prefer Ellowen but think that the Ellowyn spelling seems more appropriate for you. However, it is much softer all the way around then any of your other kids names - each of which have a slightly punchy sound to it.
[name]Rowan[/name] - Similar sound issues as Ellowyn.
[name]Aviana[/name] - I think this would be a great addition to your family. I’d avoid it as a mn as I think it’s a little close to [name]Avalon[/name], but I think it could really sparkle as a fn.
Irelyn - I dislike this so much I don’t think I can look at this objectively. Are you trying to for a different spelling of [name]Ireland[/name]? It looks and feels off. Your other kids who have the y added in places where it makes sense but in this case I find it confusing and very distracting.
[name]Genesis[/name] - I just met a [name]Genesis[/name] and she was such a lovely and sparkling person. I still find it weird as a fn though. It would make a great mn.
[name]Makenna[/name] - a little boring. You’ve got more original ones listed here.
[name]Willow[/name] - Too ‘normal’ -> I think you’ve got better.
[name]Coralie[/name] - Obviously adore [name]Coralie[/name] (see below), however, [name]Coralie[/name] feels like she would stick out like a sore thumb. She’s a lot more classic and romantic than any of your other girls.
[name]Taryn[/name] - I haven’t seen this name in a while. I like that it’s a great mix between fairly traditional and yet so completely unexpected and modern. What a great name for you.
[name]Alyxia[/name] - I understand why you would want to add the y in but this looks like a word-jumble to me. [name]Alexia[/name] would be my preferred spelling and I think it still works well with your other kiddos names. I actually think it could be a great middle name for [name]Taryn[/name]. [name]Taryn[/name] [name]Alexia[/name].
[name]Jewel[/name] - This doesn’t feel special and different enough for you. I think you’ve got better options on your list.
[name]Sienna[/name] - This doesn’t feel special and different enough for you. I think you’ve got better options on your list.

Boys:
[name]Asher[/name] - I would probably avoid a second A- boys name. It also has the emphasis on the same syllable as [name]Aidyn[/name]. I think you can probably find something more distinctive that fits better.
[name]Tobias[/name] -
[name]Chanson[/name] - I think [name]Chance[/name] would be a better fit. [name]Chanson[/name] feels a little unnecessarily wordy somehow.
[name]Evander[/name] - I really like [name]Evander[/name] but it feels a bit mismatched for you.
[name]Merrick[/name] - [name]Maverick[/name] feels more fun to me.
[name]Jasper[/name] - I love [name]Jasper[/name]. Wish it sounded good in [name]German[/name].
[name]Brycen[/name] - Surprised to find [name]Brycen[/name] on your list. I know a [name]Bryce[/name] and he’s pretty kick-ass and nerdy. I also just finished audio-booking through a [name]Bill[/name] [name]Bryson[/name] book and thus prefer [name]Bryson[/name] spelling because of that. [name]Brycen[/name] feels like you added an extra -n to the name.
[name]Sebastien[/name] - This feels a bit odd with your other kids names. Too normal or something. I can’t really put my finger on it.
Maxson - This feels like a great addition to your family.
Atreyu - If you want to name a son after the band - go for it. Otherwise I’d advise against it, since it is the most popular answer for an online search.
[name]Rune[/name] - While this feels a bit more feminine to me than masculine though I guess it’s really unisex.
[name]Torin[/name] - This could be a fun addition to your existing sib-set.
Dracen/Draeson (undecided on spelling) - I’d go for Draeson, it feels fun and spunky.
Alexavier - Is there a reason you don’t want just [name]Xavier[/name]? This looks too much like a smoosh name to me.
[name]Soren[/name] - [name]Aidyn[/name] and [name]Soren[/name] feel a bit mismatched to me. [name]One[/name] so modern the other traditional.

Suggestion: I love [name]Cyan[/name]/[name]Cyane[/name] but it never really fits with my other loves. It feels like it could be right up your aisle though.

Thanks for the replies so far.

lexiem- I actually have [name]Cyan[/name]/Cyanna on my long list, but it’s very similar to our last name, and there’s other names I like much more, but thanks for the suggestion.

Girls:
[name]Lyric[/name] - love this for you, actually for either gender. You have quite a few names with the letter Y in there, and I think it’s a great complement to [name]Kaia[/name] and [name]Aidyn[/name] especially
[name]Rhiannon[/name] - I think this one works better in your middle name slot, like [name]Avalon[/name]. She doesn’t fit as well with your other first names, stylistically speaking.
[name]Acacia[/name] - I love [name]Acacia[/name] and she’d make a beautiful first name…similar enough to [name]Kaia[/name] but still totally her own name, and echoing Taylee-[name]Rose[/name]'s nature vibe. Also think it’s cute that every other child would be an A name.
Ellowyn - definitely prefer the [name]Elowen[/name] spelling, but the double L does echo Aubriella, and of course you’d keep with the Y theme.
[name]Rowan[/name] - I feel like this is too similar in sound to Taylee-[name]Rose[/name], especially as they’re the closest in age. Perhaps best as a middle. Another one that could work for either gender if you’re so inclined.
[name]Aviana[/name] - beautiful and unique, but she is quite close to [name]Avalon[/name]
Irelyn - I think if you like the idea of [name]Ireland[/name] you should go for the established spelling, because it’s a recognized place name, and distracts from the fact that the first syllable is “ire” meaning “rage”
[name]Genesis[/name] - unique and interesting choice, but other that might be best suited for the middle name slot. She just is so stylistically different from Aubriella, [name]Kaia[/name], [name]Aidyn[/name], and Taylee-[name]Rose[/name].
[name]Makenna[/name] - Could she fit in the sibset? yes. But [name]Makenna[/name]/[name]McKenna[/name]/[name]MacKenzie[/name] etc are so so so overdone. You have many choices on your list that are far more unique and interesting :slight_smile:
[name]Willow[/name] - I think this one could actually work well as a first…there’s the nature connection with Taylee-[name]Rose[/name] [name]Amethyst[/name] and the double L connection with Aubriella. She’d be a darling addition to the sibset.
[name]Coralie[/name] - She could work. Definitely more traditional than [name]Aidyn[/name] or Taylee, but she blends well with Aubriella and [name]Kaia[/name]
[name]Taryn[/name] - I’m not sure [name]Taryn[/name] works…while quite a lovely name, she’s so similar to [name]Aidyn[/name] and Taylee that it almost looks like the two were mooshed together. All of your other names are unique to themselves even though they’re a cohesive set. I think [name]Baby[/name] #5 should have a name that is distinctly his/her own.
[name]Alyxia[/name] - I do prefer [name]Alexia[/name]. Something about the Y and the X together like that make this name seem so hard-edged…like a post-apocalyptic sci-fi character.
[name]Jewel[/name] - A lovely name, and she could work well in your sibset, as long as the fact that she and Taylee-[name]Rose[/name] are the only ones with precious stone names doesn’t cause any issues.
[name]Sienna[/name] - Another lovely choice that fits quite well with your existing children!

My girls favorites are: [name]Lyric[/name], [name]Acacia[/name], [name]Elowen[/name]/Ellowyn, [name]Willow[/name], [name]Coralie[/name], and [name]Sienna[/name]

Boys:
[name]Asher[/name] - [name]Aidyn[/name] and [name]Asher[/name]. Swoon!! Normally I don’t go for matchy sibling names, but this pair is just too cute
[name]Tobias[/name] - this one is on my own list, and on my husband’s shortlist! Definitely more of a vintage feel than brother [name]Aidyn[/name] [name]Ryker[/name], but pairs well with [name]Kaia[/name] and Aubriella
[name]Chanson[/name] - I love this one, and the dashing nickname [name]Chance[/name], but are you aware that it’s a French girls’ name? I only ask because [name]Aidyn[/name] [name]Ryker[/name] is so edgy and masculine that the two seem a bit of an odd set for brothers.
[name]Evander[/name] - another one on my long list! Definitely more of a classical feel than [name]Aidyn[/name] and Taylee for instance, but edgy potential nicknames [name]Van[/name] or [name]Anders[/name] make it a workable choice
[name]Merrick[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] this in your sibset. Yes. [name]Do[/name] it.
[name]Jasper[/name] - I have a huge soft spot for [name]Jasper[/name], but I think he is way too out of place in your sibset. [name]Jasper[/name] is still getting over his old-man stigma and that’s hard for a little brother when his older sibs have names like [name]Amethyst[/name] and [name]Ryker[/name] in the mix.
[name]Brycen[/name] - Out of curiousity, what makes you prefer the -n ending? [name]Bryce[/name] would be amazing in your sibset, he shares so many phonetic elements here and there, and [name]Brycen[/name] is so rhymey with [name]Aidyn[/name].
[name]Sebastien[/name] - Another huge favorite of mine! I’m not sure how he fits in with his sibs… I can see him as brother to an Aubriella and a [name]Kaia[/name], even an [name]Aidyn[/name], but Taylee-[name]Rose[/name] and [name]Sebastien[/name] are so opposite stylistically.
Maxson - While the name fits well in your sibset, I think the spelling could use some tweaking…[name]Maxon[/name] or Macsen for example…Maxson just seems a little contrived with the S being phonetically redundant. (Unless you are pronouncing the S, in which case it gets very hissy: Maksson vs. Makson)
Atreyu - A huge guilty pleasure of mine. I love love love it, but hubby just refuses! I think he’s most similar to [name]Aidyn[/name] and Taylee-[name]Rose[/name], but distinct enough from each of them that he could work in the sibset
[name]Rune[/name] - Very fun, an interesting choice! The only single-syllable word name, unless we’re counting [name]Rose[/name] separately from Taylee. I’d recommend against using him as a middle, too similar to [name]Ryker[/name] in that slot, especially if you use one of your A names as firsts
[name]Torin[/name] - I do love [name]Torin[/name], but I have the same feelings as I do for [name]Taryn[/name] regarding his place in the sibset. I think if you like the sound, opt for your other choice, [name]Soren[/name]
Dracen/Draeson - I want to find love in my heart for this name, for your sake, but I just can’t. It sounds completely made up…which is why I prefer Dracen of the two spellings…Draeson has so many vowels, it’s a bit Scrabble-esque.
Alexavier - The smoosh-up of [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Xavier[/name] is a bit much for me. [name]Xavier[/name] would be a fabulous addition to your sibset, but Alexavier seems over the top.
[name]Soren[/name] - I love love love this name. [name]Aidyn[/name] and [name]Soren[/name] are a little bit of an odd couple, but [name]Soren[/name] does have a bit of a modern fantasy edge a la video game [name]Sora[/name], so it could work.

My boys favorites are: [name]Asher[/name], [name]Tobias[/name], [name]Evander[/name], [name]Merrick[/name], [name]Bryce[/name], Atreyu, and [name]Soren[/name].

Good luck with your process!

Coralie feels like she would stick out like a sore thumb. She’s a lot more classic and romantic than any of your other girls.

I’ve tried to pick out names that fit stylistically with your other sibling names. I think all your children’s names sound romantic but they are not classics. I think this is where names such as Coralie, Tobias and Evander, although wonderful names, feel like they are a bit mismatched. You seem to like romantic sounding names but with a contemporary twist. They look modern and even a little made up. I’ve also considered Aubriella and Kaia don’t have a y in their first name and Kaia doesn’t have a y at all so I don’t feel like you need to have a y in no 5’s name.

Aubriella Braelyn
Kaia Avalon
Aidyn Ryker
Taylee-Rose Amethyst and

Aviana Willow - I feel like this is the missing puzzle piece - no y’s (like Kaia), rare, romantic (like Aubriella) yet contemporary(like Aidyn and Taylee. It’s probably a bit too good as its sounds smoosh a little with Aidyn and Aubriella.
Sienna Willow - I really, really like this option

or

Merrick Jasper
Asher Soren

maybe consider
Bryce
Jesper
Keane
Tate
Riley
Maddox

“I’ve also considered Aubriella and [name]Kaia[/name] don’t have a y in their first name and [name]Kaia[/name] doesn’t have a y at all so I don’t feel like you need to have a y in no 5’s name.”

There’s actually a y in our last name, so, technically, everyone does have a y in their name. LOL. It’s not a requirement, but something I usually prefer if given the choice. I’ve never really put my naming style into words before, but I think milenaviolet pretty much nailed it- Romantic with a modern twist. I’m also not a huge fan of single-syllable first names (kinda goes along with the “romantic” vibe, I think), which is why there’s only 2 single-syllable names on these lists and why I prefer [name]Brycen[/name] to [name]Bryce[/name]. The comment on [name]Alyxia[/name] about it being “like a post-apocalyptic sci-fi character” made me laugh. Hubby and I are kinda nerds and watch/read a lot of sci-fi stuff so it actually does fit our style that way. Also, I already have [name]Reilly[/name]/[name]Ryley[/name] and [name]Maddox[/name] on my long list, but they just didn’t quite make the cut for my short list. Oh, and [name]Keane[/name] and [name]Tate[/name], but they’re even farther down the list than [name]Ryley[/name] and [name]Maddox[/name].

Thanks everyone.

Girls:
[name]Lyric[/name] - I like the idea of the name, but it’s too “celeb weird” for me.
[name]Rhiannon[/name] - It’s ok. NMS but it’s nice.
[name]Acacia[/name] - GP name for me. I like it but there was a fraternity at my college with this name. Great guys, it would just be weird to name a kid after them.
Ellowyn - NMS.
[name]Rowan[/name] - Prefer on a boy.
[name]Aviana[/name] - NMS.
Irelyn - Another GP. I like it but I would NEVER use it as I’m not a fan of most place names and/or yooneek spellings.
[name]Genesis[/name] - NMS.
[name]Makenna[/name] - It’s ok.
[name]Willow[/name] - NMS but nice.
[name]Coralie[/name] - [name]Kinda[/name] like, especially [name]Cora[/name] as a nn.
[name]Taryn[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t like.
[name]Alyxia[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t like. Prefer [name]Alexa[/name] or [name]Alexis[/name].
[name]Jewel[/name] - NMS.
[name]Sienna[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!

Boys:
[name]Asher[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Tobias[/name] - Like.
[name]Chanson[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t like.
[name]Evander[/name] - NMS but ok. What about [name]Everett[/name]?
[name]Merrick[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t really like.
[name]Jasper[/name] - NMS but ok.
[name]Brycen[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t like. Prefer just [name]Bryce[/name].
[name]Sebastien[/name] - Prefer [name]Sebastian[/name]. Nice name.
Maxson - [name]Don[/name]'t like at all.
Atreyu - As in the band? No.
[name]Rune[/name] - Not a fan of most word names. Being a gamer, I couldn’t use this.
[name]Torin[/name] - NMS.
Dracen/Draeson - [name]Don[/name]'t like.
Alexavier - Really don’t like. Prefer [name]Alex[/name]/[name]Alexander[/name] or [name]Xavier[/name], not a smoosh of the two.
[name]Soren[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!

[name]Lyric[/name] - I have a second cousin by this name. It is cute, spunky and very uncommon.
[name]Rhiannon[/name]- Very pretty!
[name]Acacia[/name]- I don’t like this one. :frowning:
Ellowyn- I like [name]Elowen[/name] or even Elowyn, but not Ellowyn.
[name]Rowan[/name]- I prefer this on a boy.
[name]Aviana[/name]- I prefer [name]Ariana[/name]. [name]Aviana[/name] looks made up.
Irelyn- No…no…no…
[name]Genesis[/name]- Eh…sounds like the name of a night club dancer.
[name]Makenna[/name]- Trendeigh
[name]Willow[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]- VERY nice!
[name]Taryn[/name]- Eh…
[name]Alyxia[/name]- Yuck
[name]Jewel[/name]- Pretty, but nms
[name]Sienna[/name]- Nice!

My favorites are: [name]Rhiannon[/name], [name]Willow[/name] and [name]Coralie[/name].

[name]Asher[/name]- Sounds like a dog’s name
[name]Tobias[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name]. You could call him “[name]Toby[/name].”
[name]Chanson[/name]- Dislike
[name]Evander[/name]- Nice, lovely name.
[name]Merrick[/name]- Eh…
[name]Jasper[/name]- Nice!
[name]Brycen[/name]- Trendeigh
[name]Sebastien[/name]- I prefer [name]Sebastian[/name] spell this way
Maxson- ?
Atreyu- Lol…well I l ike it!
[name]Rune[/name]- Dislike
[name]Torin[/name]- I prefer [name]Thorian[/name]
Dracen/Draeson- Yucky either way you spell it.
Alexavier- Very GP for me. I like it.
[name]Soren[/name]- Nice name.

Faves: [name]Tobias[/name], [name]Evander[/name] and Atreyu

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Coralyn[/name]?

After thinking about it a bit more I’m going to take back my comment about [name]Coralie[/name] not fitting in your sibset. I think it does fit, it has a similiar feel to Aubriella. I think it will fit even better with a middle name that contains a y.

Aubriella [name]Braelyn[/name], [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Avalon[/name], [name]Aidyn[/name] [name]Ryker[/name], Taylee-[name]Rose[/name] [name]Amethyst[/name] and [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Skye[/name] :slight_smile:

I like [name]Coralyn[/name] ok, but other than [name]Coralie[/name] I prefer just [name]Coral[/name]. Not a huge fan of [name]Cora[/name]. [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Skye[/name] is pretty.

I don’t even know who the band Atreyu is. I’ve heard they’re some type of screamer/metal/rock group, which is not what I really listen to (I’m more of a Christian/Country/Pop girl), so I don’t really care. I actually got the name from the Never Ending Story.