Thoughts on my top combos?

It’s been a long time since I reviewed my top combos and I would love to have your thoughts on them so I can decide whether it’s time to change them up a bit. I’m not including the ones that are set in stone (long-time users will probably remember them — [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Magda[/name_f] [name_f]Honey[/name_f], [name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Darling[/name_f] and so on), and it would be great if you could tell me why you like/dislike the following combos:

Agnes [name_u]Thistle[/name_u]

Alexandra [name_f]Peony[/name_f]

Anaïs [name_u]Hero[/name_u]

Anna [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]

Edie Gethsemane

Hosanna [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f]

Lucy Tziporrah

Olwen [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]

I do appreciate a good Biblical name so strong religious associations don’t bother me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]!!

2 Likes

[name_f]Agnes[/name_f] Thistle - this is sharp and bright

[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] Peony- i like the soft, floral peony with the strength of [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]

Anaïs Hero-I adore [name_u]Hero[/name_u]. Anaïs flows so well with it

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] Lavender- this is soft and gentle. I like it

[name_f]Edie[/name_f] Gethsemane - I love [name_f]Edie[/name_f] but Gethsemane is just very unappealing. Sorry

[name_f]Hosanna[/name_f] Bluebell -glorious and glowing

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] Tziporrah -unexpected and light

[name_f]Olwen[/name_f] Tabitha-[name_f]Olwen[/name_f] is warm and rugged and [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] fits well

1 Like

Agnes [name_u]Thistle[/name_u] - this one gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling. I’m usually not a fan of [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] (it’s my grandma’s name, so it’s always felt very old to me), but I love it paired with [name_u]Thistle[/name_u]! I think it sounds like the name of a storybook character, and I love that.
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Peony[/name_f] - [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] isn’t my personal style, but this is a lovely combo! I especially like that strong [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is paired with soft and sweet [name_f]Peony[/name_f].
[name_f]Anais[/name_f] [name_u]Hero[/name_u] - so beautiful! [name_u]Hero[/name_u] is the coolest, and it goes nicely with delicate [name_f]Anais[/name_f].
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] - this is stunning! so soft and sweet. [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] is one of my favorite names. I think the quirkiness of it pairs so nicely with classic [name_f]Anna[/name_f].
[name_f]Edie[/name_f] Gethsemane - [name_f]Edie[/name_f] is absolutely adorable. I’m unsure about Gethsemane though. I don’t really like the look or sound, I’m sorry.
[name_f]Hosanna[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] - very pretty and bright. I love [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f]! this flows so nicely.
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] Tziporrah - [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is the sweetest. I love that it’s beautiful, literary, and spunky. Tziporrah isn’t my style, but it’s zippy and cool.
[name_f]Olwen[/name_f] [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] - [name_f]Olwen[/name_f] is so gorgeous! an unexpected gem. I’m not a fan of [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] though, sorry.

1 Like

My favorites are [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] [name_u]Thistle[/name_u], [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] Tziporrah! Especially [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] Tziporrah. What a beautiful combo. :blush:

1 Like

Agnes [name_u]Thistle[/name_u] - I find the s th s combination a bit much for my taste but love the names separately

Alexandra [name_f]Peony[/name_f] - love [name_f]Peony[/name_f] and think it should get more love this combo is stunning

Anaïs [name_u]Hero[/name_u] - this doesn’t flow to me, but again love the names separately

Anna [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] - this is so beautiful

Edie Gethsemane - LOVE this, so unexpected, works so well. Gorgeous

Hosanna [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] - this is a bit much for me. I’m not sure they should be paired together

Lucy Tziporrah - love the sound i think I prefer [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f]

Olwen [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] - love [name_f]Olwen[/name_f]. This is generally nice, but not as stunning as some of your others

1 Like

Sure!

Here are my thoughts-

Agnes [name_u]Thistle[/name_u]-I kind of like it. It’s not my style, really, but it’s super unexpected & full of vintage charm.

Alexandra [name_f]Peony[/name_f]-[name_f]Peony[/name_f] is so cute as a mn! [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] I’ve always found a little heavy, but [name_f]Peony[/name_f] does lighten it up. [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] isn’t a bad name at all. It’s a classic; just not my favorite.

Anais [name_u]Hero[/name_u]-[name_f]Anais[/name_f] is gorgeous! I wouldn’t generally have [name_u]Hero[/name_u] on my radar, but I do like it here in the mn spot.

Anna [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]-[name_f]Anna[/name_f] is a sweet simple classic. I don’t mind [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] in the mn spot, but it kind of repeats the same ‘an’ sound as in [name_f]Anna[/name_f]. That bugs me.

Edie Gethesemane-I had to look up the mn. I like the sentiment, but as a name it’s a bit much for me . [name_f]Edie[/name_f] is fine as a nn; way too unsubstantial as a fn in my opinion. [name_f]Edith[/name_f] is my favorite, but I also like [name_u]Eden[/name_u] or [name_f]Eudora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f].

Hosanna [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f]-I don’t personally love the sound of [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f], but I like the idea of it. It’s cool, different & has substance, you know? [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] I feel like it just a tad goofy sounding, honestly. I suppose it’s okay for a mn.

Lucy Tziporrah-This is nice. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is sweet & lovable. Tziporrah is a bit heavier, but it’s nice as a mn w/the light [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].

Olwen [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]- I’ve never heard of [name_f]Olwen[/name_f], but I basically like every other ‘wen’ name. This is different. I kind of prefer [name_f]Anwen[/name_f], [name_f]Arwen[/name_f], [name_f]Branwen[/name_f], [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f], [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] or [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f]. [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] is a sweet mn.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Agnes[/name_f] Thistle - To me both of these names sound harsh.

[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] Peony - I like [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], but I always hear “pee on me” for [name_f]Peony[/name_f]. Sorry…

Anaïs Hero - This sounds strong and unexpected! Really nice!

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] Lavender - I LOVE this. Stunning. [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] balances out [name_f]Anna[/name_f] so well.

[name_f]Edie[/name_f] Gethsemane - I don’t know how to pronounce this name.

[name_f]Hosanna[/name_f] Bluebell - It sounds like much.

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] Tziporrah - I’d actually rather reverse them (and take away an r.) To me it’s sweet and sing-songy.

[name_f]Olwen[/name_f] Tabitha - To me [name_f]Olwen[/name_f] is masculine, and [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]'s feminine (and I always think of a witch.)

** All in all, my favorites were [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f], and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Tziporah[/name_f].

1 Like

Thanks everyone, that’s super helpful! I’m glad your opinions are generally positive and some of you even like Gethsemane.

1 Like

Agnes [name_u]Thistle[/name_u]: I don’t really care for this one. I’m not huge on either name on its own, but together I think the sort of harsh and whistling sounds characteristic of both names are kind of overwhelming.

Alexandra [name_f]Peony[/name_f]: [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is such a lovely, solid, elegant classic, and it works well paired with an unusual flower name like [name_f]Peony[/name_f], which is lovely in both sound and imagery.

Anais [name_u]Hero[/name_u]: Pretty! Very stately and solemn.

Anna [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]: oooh, I love this one. The calm classic [name_f]Anna[/name_f] paired with the fun [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] is really appealing.

Edie Gethsemane: This is a mouthful, but I actually find it appealing. [name_f]Edie[/name_f] is very sweet and Gethsemane is a lovely Biblical association and as a middle name is reasonably wearable, I think.

Hosanna [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f]: I like [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f]! Kind of like a more unusual [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]/Anna/Susannah and the feelings of joy and praise it stirs up are nice. I don’t care for [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f], it sounds like a name for a cow or some other farm animal to me.

Lucy Tziporrah: [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is so pretty and full of light and joy! I have usually seen this middle name spelled [name_f]Tzipporah[/name_f] or [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f], I’m not sure if one P and two Rs is a legitimate spelling variation. It feels very turn-of-the-century Eastern European Jewish to me, and I don’t know how wearable it would be for a modern non-Jewish child (I’m assuming from Gethsemane that you are [name_u]Christian[/name_u]).

Olwen [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]: I don’t really care for [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], but [name_f]Olwen[/name_f] is sort of fun and unusual, and they do flow nicely.

Oh my goodness! [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] is just :heart_eyes:! (I may be a little biased, since I have a very similar combo on my list! :wink:) I also really like [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Peony[/name_f] and Hosannah [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f]! Some of the others feel a little too harsh to me.

Agnes [name_u]Thistle[/name_u] - gorgeous! very homely, Scottish vibe

Alexandra [name_f]Peony[/name_f] - such an elegant but sweet combo

Anaïs [name_u]Hero[/name_u] - one of my favourites, these two are so beautiful together

Anna [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] - I love combos like this, when a simple first is paired with a more vibrant (literally lol) middle!

Edie Gethsemane - not really a fan of Gethsemane, sorry! but [name_f]Edie[/name_f] is lovely and I think it flows well

Hosanna [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] - this has great imagery – I can just imagine a sweet little girl sat in a field full of bluebells!

Lucy Tziporrah - I think the end sound of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] clashes with the start of Tziporrah a little. I also think the [name_f]Tziporah[/name_f] spelling would look better here

Olwen [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] - another lovely combo!

Your other favourites are stunning too, btw!

Agnes is not a name that I normally gravitate to, but [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] [name_u]Thistle[/name_u] is so appealing!

Alexandra [name_f]Peony[/name_f] - [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is ok, but I love [name_f]Peony[/name_f].

Anaïs [name_u]Hero[/name_u] - I love this combination!

Anna [name_f]Lavendar[/name_f] - very cool.

Edie Gethsemane - [name_f]Edie[/name_f] could probably grow on me. This is the first time that I am seeing Gethsemane and I’m not loving it.

Hosanna [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] - very cutesy. Not sure about “Ho” beginning of name. People can be mean.

Lucy Tziporrah - nice

Olwen [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] - I like this combination. I think I could grow to really like [name_f]Olwen[/name_f].

Adah
[name_u]Genesis[/name_u]
[name_u]Terah[/name_u]
[name_f]Keziah[/name_f]
[name_u]Alvah[/name_u]
Juniah
[name_f]Abiline[/name_f]
[name_f]Adalia[/name_f]
[name_u]Neriah[/name_u]
[name_u]Areli[/name_u]
[name_m]Tiras[/name_m]
Cilicia
[name_f]Galilee[/name_f]
[name_f]Jubilee[/name_f]
[name_f]Elisheva[/name_f]
[name_f]Keilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Moriah[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_u]Abijah[/name_u]
[name_f]Achsah[/name_f]
[name_f]Beulah[/name_f]
[name_u]Athaliah[/name_u]
Reumah
[name_f]Talitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Zillah[/name_f]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.momjunction.com/articles/beautiful-christian-baby-girl-names_00329836/%3Famp%3D1

Agnes [name_u]Thistle[/name_u] - I’ve always found this interesting, but [name_u]Thistle[/name_u] itself isn’t a word name I’d like to have? I love the [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] family, though, so I would personally keep [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] and replace [name_u]Thistle[/name_u].
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Peony[/name_f] - so cute! It reminds me of [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] which I had on my list a while back. She’s fiery and cool.
[name_f]Anais[/name_f] [name_u]Hero[/name_u] - I like the idea of her a lot! I adore [name_u]Hero[/name_u] so much, and [name_f]Anais[/name_f] is fascinating. I feel like people around me would do very poorly figuring out [name_f]Anais[/name_f], but it is a truly gorgeous name, and they pair together well.
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] - love! She’s so sweet. Reminds me of my own [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. :heart:
[name_f]Edie[/name_f] Gethsemane - besides the rhyming, I love this a lot! I wouldn’t have thought of Gethsemane, but I love the significance and [name_f]Edie[/name_f]’s cute. I think I slightly prefer [name_f]Edith[/name_f] Gethsemane, nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f], but maybe that’s just me?
[name_f]Hosanna[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] - One too many word names for me, but both names are lovely objectively? I like [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f], though; I know a little one with this name.
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Tzipporah[/name_f] - [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] I’ve never really seen the appeal of, although it’s been growing on me lately. It’s really sweet and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Tzipporah[/name_f] is so magically unexpected! I like [name_f]Tzipporah[/name_f] so much more than the [name_f]English[/name_f] [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f].
[name_f]Olwen[/name_f] [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] - [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]’s a rare Bible name I’m not terribly keen on, but I love her story! I’m not terribly fond of [name_f]Olwen[/name_f], either–much prefer [name_f]Anwen[/name_f] or even [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] or [name_u]Arden[/name_u]–but somehow [name_f]Olwen[/name_f] [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] really works! I would say it’s not my favorite but it is an unexpected and refreshing combo. :heart:

Good luck!

1 Like

Agnes [name_u]Thistle[/name_u], [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Peony[/name_f], Anaïs [name_u]Hero[/name_u], [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f], and [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] are my favorites. I love the nature middles, and the first names feel so classic and pretty.

Edie Gethsemane, [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] Tziporrah, and [name_f]Olwen[/name_f] [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] aren’t really my style. The first one feels a bit too complex, and Tziporrah reminds me of the character in The Devil’s Arithmatic, who suffered horrible atrocities at the hands of Nazis. That holds a bit of baggage for me. I’m not sure why [name_f]Olwen[/name_f] [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] isn’t my style, actually.

Overall, I think all these names are very Moonstone, and I really like them for you.

1 Like