Thoughts on name crush

Doherty NN [name_f]Doe[/name_f].
How usable is it?
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you see it as male, female, or unisex?
(I can see [name_m]Doherty[/name_m] NN [name_f]Etty[/name_f] for girl)
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you know any [name_m]Doherty[/name_m]’s as a first or last name?
What names are similar/have the same vibes as [name_m]Doherty[/name_m]?

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Doherty is intriguing! I quite like the surnamey vibe

Some similar names

Rafferty
[name_m]Donohue[/name_m]
[name_m]Donovan[/name_m]
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u]
[name_u]Montgomery[/name_u]
[name_m]Royale[/name_m]

2 Likes

Thank you.

Rafferty is on my list.
[name_m]Donovan[/name_m] has been a continual floater that I haven’t quite been able to place anywhere.
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u], [name_u]Montgomery[/name_u], and [name_m]Donahue[/name_m] have made an appearance on my lists over the years too but I’ve out-loved them these days.

1 Like

Doherty nn [name_f]Doe[/name_f] is cool and interesting! It definitely reads masculine to me.

Other ideas…

Darcy
[name_m]Fitzgerald[/name_m]
[name_m]Fitzwilliam[/name_m]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Wells[/name_m]

1 Like

I think it makes a cool male name! It is a bit too masculine for my taste for a little girl.

1 Like

I know lots of people with this as a last name. I see it as pretty unisex but the nickname [name_f]Doe[/name_f] I see as feminine.

Similar names - any Irish surnamey name
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
Shaughnessy
[name_u]Kelly[/name_u]
[name_u]Murphy[/name_u]
[name_m]Conway[/name_m]
[name_u]Connor[/name_u]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
O’[name_m]Neill[/name_m]
[name_u]Nolan[/name_u]
[name_u]Ryan[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
Culbert
[name_m]Ferguson[/name_m]
[name_m]Boyd[/name_m]
[name_u]Dempsey[/name_u]

1 Like

Are [name_m]Doherty[/name_m]’s a decent bunch?

Thanks for your suggestions.
[name_u]Kelly[/name_u], [name_u]Murphy[/name_u], and [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] float around my list from time to time.
[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u].

I know a family with this last name. I’m not a huge fan of how it sounds. I think it has a heavy, masculine vibe.

Absolutely!

1 Like

I like it, though I feel it leans more masculine. It’s really lovely!

A similar vibe maybe would be [name_m]Donnacha[/name_m]? It’s an Irish name, which is typically used for boys but I could see it being unisex.

1 Like

I’ve seen the name [name_m]Donnacha[/name_m] here and there but don’t know much about it. I’ll look into it. Thank you for the suggestion. [name_m]Little[/name_m] [name_m]Donnie[/name_m] could be cute :thinking::blush:

I appreciate the feedback. Have you had a negative experience with [name_m]Doherty[/name_m]’s?

I see [name_m]Doherty[/name_m] as unisex-ish but leaning masculine, while [name_f]Doe[/name_f] leans feminine for me. I think it’s definitely usable and really cool! [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t think of any suggestions that haven’t already been listed.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestions.

I haven’t come across [name_f]Bennington[/name_f] before.
I like [name_m]Riordan[/name_m], [name_m]Callister[/name_m], and Shaughnessy

No, no bad experiences. They’re nice people. I just don’t like the way it sounds.

1 Like

I know several [name_m]Doherty[/name_m]’s where I am from. It’s a last name in my area. I’m not sure if it sounds right to be a first name just my personal thought.

I can see your point, though a lot of people felt that way about other surname names in the past that are really popular now so I feel like that wouldn’t be too much of an odd thing in the end :thinking: