Thoughts on names?

Hello! So we’re expecting our first baby, a boy, at the beginning of [name_u]November[/name_u] and we’re struggling on names for him. We have two that we are strongly considering - [name_m]Waylon[/name_m] (after [name_m]Waylon[/name_m] [name_m]Jennings[/name_m], one of our faves) and [name_u]Everett[/name_u] (which I heard in O Brother, Where [name_m]Art[/name_m] Thou? and absolutely loved).

I got him to put [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] in the maybe and [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] was a maybe until he heard the song by the [name_u]Red[/name_u] Hot [name_m]Chili[/name_m] Peppers, not entirely sure where we stand with that currently.

Both of our parents hate the names which isn’t a big deal for us, but we’re still trying to find other names and he is SO picky it feels impossible.

So! What are your thoughts on the names we have and do you have any suggestions?

[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and [name_m]Waylon[/name_m] are all solid choices! [name_u]Love[/name_u] them! Here’s some other suggestions:

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_m]Beckett[/name_m]
[name_m]Bennet[/name_m]
[name_m]Cassius[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_u]Fox[/name_u]

[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] is my favorite. :slight_smile: I really like [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] but it doesn’t flow with [name_u]Everett[/name_u] as well as [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] does.

I love [name_u]Everett[/name_u]–it’s one of my favorite names! So that would be my top pick from your list, followed by [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]. From previous commenters’ suggestions, I love [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] or [name_u]Asher[/name_u]. Other names that remind me of your list in sound/style:

[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]
[name_m]Weston[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Thayer[/name_m]
[name_m]Griffin[/name_m]
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m]
[name_u]Wade[/name_u]
[name_u]Walker[/name_u]

[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] has a nice sound. That would be my favorite of your choices. [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] is very handsome, too.

I love [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] and [name_u]Everett[/name_u]!!

Some others that came to mind

[name_u]Paxton[/name_u]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_u]Jonah[/name_u]
[name_u]Auden[/name_u]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], [name_u]Everett[/name_u], & [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]! All great choices. Other suggestions:

[name_m]Beckett[/name_m]
[name_u]Everest[/name_u]
[name_m]Brooks[/name_m]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_m]Wells[/name_m]
[name_u]Wilder[/name_u]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Kipling[/name_m]
[name_m]Townes[/name_m]
[name_u]Bridger[/name_u]
[name_m]Vaughn[/name_m]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_m]Watson[/name_m]
[name_m]Hoyt[/name_m]
[name_m]Hardy[/name_m]
[name_m]Fisher[/name_m]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m]
[name_u]Memphis[/name_u]
[name_m]Bower[/name_m]
[name_m]Breck[/name_m]

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to Nameberry, @brittanynco21 :wave:

Of your choices so far, I’m really liking [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] and [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]. I’m sorry, I’m not wild about [name_m]Waylon[/name_m] personally, but I do like that it’s an underused traditional name that everyone knows but few are using.

In a similar vein, maybe…

[name_u]Bennett[/name_u]
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_m]Truman[/name_m]
[name_m]Samson[/name_m]
[name_m]Boone[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Beckett[/name_m]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_m]Wilson[/name_m]