Thoughts on Olan?

What do you think of the boy’s name [name_m]Olan[/name_m]? Pronounced oh-[name_f]Lin[/name_f] I think it’s unusual but familiar sounding since it sounds like the popular name [name_u]Owen[/name_u]. what are some good mn suggestions?

Sorry, but it sounds like [name_m]Colin[/name_m]–pronounced the unappealing way…with the C chopped off. :frowning:

Meh. I want to like it, but there’s a photography shop around here called [name_m]Olan[/name_m] [name_m]Mills[/name_m], so I can’t really take it seriously. It just seems like any other brand name to me. I do like [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_m]Odin[/name_m] a lot, though.

I’d probably pronounce it ‘OH-l’n’ or ‘OH-lan’. It wouldn’t occur to me to change the ‘a’ into an ‘i’.

I’m not a fan of it, too. Sorry!

Edited for privacy.

Well, I feel differently about [name_m]Olan[/name_m] than everyone else.

There is a youtuber with the name [name_m]Olan[/name_m] and I really like the name, in large part due to this guy. He pronounces it like [name_m]Ol[/name_m]'an (kind of like ye olde, get what I mean or [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] without the ‘N’) with ‘an’ at the end. It’s a slight difference than Oh-lin. I understand though that most names have multiple pronunciations, this is how I pronounce it ([name_m]Ol[/name_m]'an).

I have to say, this name will probably never be an overly popular name like [name_u]Aidan[/name_u]. I feel it’s too close to [name_u]Owen[/name_u] (Close enough to maybe even be mistaken as [name_u]Owen[/name_u]) and I don’t see it catching on.

I just think of [name_m]Olan[/name_m] [name_m]Mills[/name_m].