Thoughts on Olive for a girl?

Expecting #4 in [name_u]June[/name_u] <3 Thinking about [name_f]Olive[/name_f], for the meaning and nature/saintly connections. What do you think? I have a few others on my list, [name_f]Marjorie[/name_f], [name_f]Sofie[/name_f], [name_f]Marina[/name_f], [name_f]Brigid[/name_f].

2 Likes

Olive is elegant yet clunky in a good way

1 Like

Congratulations!! :yellow_heart:

I really like the name for you! I also think it works really well with your boys names :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Olive[/name_f]! It’s cute and chic and still feels a little bit quirky/edgy despite the fact that it’s becoming a little more used again.

I much prefer it to [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], it has a much quieter, calmer, sturdier vibe to me. And it’s my favourite of your options, although [name_f]Brigid[/name_f] and [name_f]Marina[/name_f] are wonderful too.

No [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]? :cry:

Lovely! [name_f]Olive[/name_f] is beautiful.

Love it

[name_f]Olive[/name_f] is one of my favorites. It’s sweet and quirky, geeky and cool, clunky and soft all at the same time.

Also [name_f]Olive[/name_f] in [name_m]Little[/name_m] Miss [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f] gahh

4 Likes

I love [name_f]Olive[/name_f]! It’s so sweet and spunky and love the nn [name_f]Liv[/name_f].

Congratulations!! I love [name_f]Olive[/name_f], and love it with your boys! One of your best ideas to date, in my opinion. It would be on my own list, but I hate olives (like the food) with such a passion that I think it might be weird for my daughter :joy:

I do love the peaceful meaning, though, and agree with pp that it is both lively and calm, studious and quirky, all at the same time.

(I also still like [name_f]Brigid[/name_f], [name_f]Marjorie[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] for you.)

I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Olive[/name_f], but love [name_f]Marjorie[/name_f] and [name_f]Brigid[/name_f]!

I love [name_f]Olive[/name_f], got [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] in my UC. I also really like [name_f]Sofie[/name_f], got [name_f]Fenna[/name_f] [name_f]Sofie[/name_f] in my UC. Not a big fan of [name_f]Brigid[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Marjorie[/name_f], as a mn though. I love [name_f]Marina[/name_f]. :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love [name_f]Olive[/name_f], and it is definitely my favorite of your options! I knew the cutest little girl named [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and it fit her so well.

1 Like

Olive is gorgeous! It’s one I considered for my daughter. I love the nickname [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] (and [name_f]Liv[/name_f]). It’s my favourite of your options although [name_f]Sofie[/name_f] and [name_f]Brigid[/name_f] are nice too.

1 Like

Congratulations!

Olive is such a sweet preppy choice the name feels clunky in a cool fashionable way. I really like [name_f]Olive[/name_f] I think it’s great.

1 Like

Well I love [name_f]Olive[/name_f]! Its my daughter’s name :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Olive[/name_f]! [name_f]Brigid[/name_f] is also lovely

Hi there.

I love [name_f]Olive[/name_f] sooo much! It has a sweet nature-y feel, but it’s also vintage & glamorous. [name_f]Marjorie[/name_f] is not my cup of tea, but it’s not offensive. I love how you spelled [name_f]Sofie[/name_f]! It’s the same name, but I find it so much sleeker than [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. Either way, it’s still very popular. [name_f]Marina[/name_f] is gorgeous & interesting. And I think I like [name_f]Brigid[/name_f], but not really sure how to say it.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Personally I wouldn’t use it but I do like the name very much. It’s sweet sounding and she could go by [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] or [name_f]Liv[/name_f].

Olive has really grown on me lately! It feels a bit awkward in my mouth, but in a pleasant way. I also think [name_f]Liv[/name_f] is a very cute nickname, and [name_f]Olive[/name_f] is somehow fresher AND more classic than [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. I think it’s a very cool name, spunky and vintage without being overly-trendy.

Of your other choices, i absolutely adore [name_f]Marina[/name_f]! It’s one of the most beautiful and underrated names ever, in my opinion… i can imagine [name_f]Marina[/name_f] suiting so many people, and it sounds lovely in so many languages. I am obsessed with [name_f]Marina[/name_f] [name_f]Sofie[/name_f] as a combination, it makes me think of a mermaid. [name_f]Marina[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f] is also gorgeous, lush and summery.

Sofie is also very pretty- my favourite [name_f]Soph[/name_f]/Sof variant by far. [name_f]Brigid[/name_f] is a great, strong name- I love the meaning so much, and the nickname options. I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Marjorie[/name_f], sorry… but other than that, it’s hard to pick a favourite!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_f]Marina[/name_f]!