Thoughts on our top 3

I love all your names, but the connection [name_m]Bastien[/name_m] has to your wedding is so sweet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you so much for this detailed answer (I love long answers)!

Your points about unique surnames are very valid. The three names we’re thinking about all flow nicely with our surname (which makes our decision harder, but it’s a beautiful problem).

The Bastien you met sounds like a nice guy, I like the personality you described. The stories about Mathias and the two Tristan were funny :joy: I met children and adults with the three names I like. I met so many Mathias, that it is not tied to a particular personality in my mind. One of them was a 4 yo, really cute, and clever on top of that. The Bastien I met most recently was a 7 yo, kind, adventurous and good at making friends. For Tristan, the one I got to know the most was a 5 yo, gentle and he had such a beautiful relationship with both his parents. Thanks to these little guys, I have positive association for each name.

I agree with you. I prefer the pronunciation in [name_u]French[/name_u] for [name_m]Bastien[/name_m] and [name_m]Mathias[/name_m]. Our son will most likely speak in [name_u]French[/name_u] almost all the time. It’s just that he could choose to study in [name_f]English[/name_f] or work in [name_f]English[/name_f] at some point, and then it’s easier to have a name that can be pronounce in both languages.