Thoughts on our top choices?

Last night we got to talking about names. Several of my favorites were shot down, but some he really liked. I’ve been woking on puting combos together.

Boys- these are easy. I could name ten sons tomorrow if I had to.

[name]Andreas[/name] [name]Peter[/name]- This is 100% set in stone. [name]Both[/name] are family names.
[name]Conrad[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]- I actually got him to say yes to [name]Sebastian[/name] as a mn, again both are family names.
[name]Julian[/name] [name]Edgar[/name]- another family connection. I wish it wasnt so popular though.

Girls- Much harder for me

[name]Saskia[/name] [name]Lily[/name]/[name]Saskia[/name] [name]Maren[/name]- boyfriend loves the name [name]Saskia[/name]. In fact it was the only new name on my list that caught his eye. Maybe for unity sake it would just be better to stick with the [name]German[/name] theme we have going for the boys? [name]Saskia[/name] really is gorgeous.
[name]Maren[/name] [name]Johanna[/name]- I’m holding strong to [name]Maren[/name], even though he’s only neutral.
[name]Elena[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]- Oddly enough this was the first girls name we ever picked out and years later its still on the list. I could name my daughter [name]Elena[/name] tomorrow without any second thoughts.
[name]Juliana[/name] (mn?)- [name]Ive[/name] run out of family names to use as mns. Maybe [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Mary[/name] or [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Alice[/name]?

Thoughts? [name]Do[/name] you have any other suggestions for girls names that compliment [name]Andreas[/name], [name]Conrad[/name], and [name]Julian[/name]?

[name]Julian[/name] [name]Edgar[/name] is gorgeous for a little boy! I love that. It isn’t popular where I am, and [name]Jude[/name] is such a cool nickname

For girls, I like [name]Elena[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] a lot, but for me the real hit is [name]Saskia[/name] [name]Maren[/name]/[name]Lily[/name]. I think [name]Lily[/name] goes slightly better in combo with [name]Saskia[/name], but both have a good flow! (I am biased as [name]Saskia[/name] is one of the girl’s names in the final draft of my list) Go for this, in my opinion :slight_smile:

As far as middle names for [name]Juliana[/name], i’d say definitely something with 1 or 2 syllables, to compliment the slightly longer name. Maybe,
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Wren[/name], [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Aimee[/name], [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Alice[/name], [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Isla[/name], [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Avery[/name], [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Zadie[/name]/[name]Sadie[/name], [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Tess[/name], [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Nell[/name], [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Faye[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] any of this helps!

Thanks lizaharriet!

[name]Julian[/name] [name]Edgar[/name] has been on my list for years. My grandpa was [name]James[/name] [name]Edgar[/name] and I love it for that reason more than anything. I would probably use the nn [name]Jed[/name].

[name]Saskia[/name] [name]Lily[/name] is my favorite combo also. [name]Lily[/name] really softens [name]Saskia[/name] and I love that it honors bf moms without using her exact name. Plus is always me to keep [name]Maren[/name] in the first name category. [name]Elena[/name] [name]Maren[/name] though is another combo I have considered.

For [name]Juliana[/name] it would probably have to be a two syllable mn as her ln would be 1 syllable. I love [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Alice[/name] though because [name]Alice[/name] has always been my mothers nn for me.

Ahhhh I too have the curse of the 1 syllable surname.
I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Elena[/name] [name]Maren[/name] actually! I sometimes think that names beginning with vowels (both my sons have also) run the risk of being more difficult to say. But the strong ‘[name]Maren[/name]’ rids you of that issue.

Using a family name for a middle name is a great idea, and I agree that [name]Saskia[/name] needs a soft name in the middle to balance it out. If you like [name]Alice[/name] how about otherwise:
[name]Katherine[/name], [name]Neve[/name], [name]Flora[/name] (another on my list, I admit), [name]Eva[/name], [name]Willow[/name], [name]Molly[/name] (Not a name I usually love, but I really like it with [name]Saskia[/name]), [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Rowan[/name] ([name]Saskia[/name] [name]Rowan[/name] sounds gorgeous to me!)

[name]Jed[/name] is a sweet nickname by the way. Never thought of that one. Very retro. And the family tie is always a kindred thing to pass on in a name!

Let us know as your list shrinks down. X

I love [name]Saskia[/name] [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Maren[/name] [name]Johanna[/name] with [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Peter[/name], [name]Conrad[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Julian[/name] [name]Edgar[/name]. If you have a [name]Julian[/name] though, that would veto [name]Juliana[/name] as a choice, wouldn’t it? [name]Elena[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] is ok. Here are some other suggestions to go with your boys choices.
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Ida[/name]
[name]Ottilie[/name]
[name]Renate[/name]
[name]Leonie[/name]
[name]Bianka[/name]
[name]Florentia[/name]
[name]Kordula[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Zita[/name]
[name]Tatiana[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Franziska[/name]
[name]Frieda[/name]
[name]Irene[/name]
[name]Thekla[/name]
[name]Ulrike[/name]
[name]Katharina[/name]
[name]Liselotte[/name]
[name]Olga[/name]
[name]Liesl[/name]
[name]Gisela[/name]
[name]Ilsa[/name]
[name]Elke[/name]
[name]Brigitta[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Beata[/name]
[name]Ebba[/name]
[name]Elisabeth[/name]

@[name]Mischa[/name]
No, I would never use [name]Julian[/name] and [name]Juliana[/name] together. I would never have six either, so I think were safe :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks for the suggestions [name]Mischa[/name], I really like [name]Ingrid[/name] (vetoed), [name]Gisela[/name] (again, he said no), and [name]Lieselotte[/name] “[name]Lilo[/name]” is actually Grandma’s name :slight_smile: I love the nn [name]Lilo[/name] though more than I love the full name.

@ Lizaharriet
I actually like one syllable lns because it allows me to pick longer fns! And seeing as my boyfriend doesnt like much of anything under three syllables I guess I’m lucky. [name]Elena[/name] [name]Maren[/name] is def. on my short list. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Saskia[/name] and [name]Elena[/name] more together or [name]Saskia[/name] and [name]Maren[/name] (for sisters)? [name]Saskia[/name] and [name]Juliana[/name] now seem like a mouth full when I try to say them together.

Leah_9 I vote for [name]Saskia[/name]! This is my daughter’s name and I can’t tell you how many compliments she gets! [name]Saskia[/name] [name]Lily[/name] is just gorgeous too. I went for [name]Grace[/name] as a mn but we have a really long ln, so lucky you with a short one. My husband’s name is also [name]Andreas[/name]! Hah! Although I prefer [name]Conrad[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]. I have this thing about siblings having the same number of letters in their names, not that I followed the rule myself, though I have regretted this. [name]Elena[/name] is cute but their are so many Ellies about, you hardly ever meet a Sassy.For the record I like [name]Edgar[/name] too, very cute and i like the nn [name]Teddy[/name]. good luck!

My personal favorite is [name]Maren[/name] [name]Johanna[/name]!

Your husbands name is [name]Andreas[/name]!? We have yet to meet/hear of another [name]Andreas[/name]. [name]Andreas[/name] is my boyfriends fathers mn. He was born in Germany and came to the US as a young boy. I had never heard of the name prior to meeting my bf. I’m glad to hear you get compliments on [name]Saskia[/name], my boyfriend thinks its gorgeous and I love it as well. The nn Sassy is super cute too. I know what you mean about [name]Elena[/name]. With [name]Elena[/name]+[name]Alaina[/name]+[name]Alayna[/name]+[name]Elaina[/name] the name is actually quite popular. We first picked it out when we were 19 (craziness I know) and its stuck with us for years. I’ll always love [name]Elena[/name], but something like [name]Saskia[/name] is far more distinctive. [name]Conrad[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] is my favorite combo. [name]Edmund[/name] “[name]Teddy[/name]” is also on our list.

Yeah, my hubby is [name]Andreas[/name] but he gets called [name]Andy[/name]. His family are Spanish speakers from Chile and apparently is the Spanish form of [name]Andrew[/name]. I have met a few [name]Andreas[/name]’ when I travelled around Europe where I believe the name is more common but not that many here in Australia.

[name]Andreas[/name] is very uncommon here. It was very popular in Germany during the 60s when my fil was born. And its currently a huge hit in Norway. I hear [name]Andres[/name] from time to time, which is the Spanish form. [name]Andreas[/name] is technically Greek, but it has spread around the globe. I’m planning on using the nn [name]Ace[/name], but I would like him to go by his full name the majority of the time. Does anyone have trouble pronouncing your husbands name?

I love:
[name]Conrad[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]
and
[name]Maren[/name] [name]Johanna[/name]

Hmm, I think the ideal combination would be [name]Saskia[/name] and [name]Maren[/name]. [name]Elena[/name] and [name]Saskia[/name] have similar sounds to me, whereas [name]Maren[/name] adds something new. And both have a real kick! [name]Maren[/name] has actually grown on me since yesterday, funnily enough. I think it is less feminine than [name]Saskia[/name], slightly though.
[name]Saskia[/name] is a name I am also loving more and more- it has climbed and climbed my girl’s list. And agreed with whoever said that Sassie is a great nickname! For [name]Maren[/name] would you use [name]Maree[/name] as a nickname do you think?
I don’t love [name]Johanna[/name] as a middle name for [name]Maren[/name], personally. I think they don’t quite flow together. But that really is only one woman’s opinion! I would go for something a little softer. [name]Maren[/name] [name]Calliope[/name], [name]Maren[/name] Elinora, [name]Maren[/name] [name]Adeline[/name], [name]Maren[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Maren[/name] [name]Catriona[/name], [name]Maren[/name] [name]Celeste[/name], [name]Maren[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]. Maybe these aren’t your taste though, my name thermometer is a bit off today!
Have you got the options down at all yet? I am obsessing so much with mine!

@lizakarriet

I agree, I actually love [name]Saskia[/name] and [name]Maren[/name] together. I dont mind that one name is slightly less feminine, I like names to contrast a bit. Plus, neither [name]Saskia[/name] or [name]Maren[/name] rank in the US top 1000. I prn [name]Johanna[/name] the [name]German[/name] way, yo-HA-nuh, not [name]JO[/name]-hanna. Although, if my daughter prefered the american way I wouldnt be apposed to me. [name]Johanna[/name] honors my grandma [name]Joann[/name] and incorporates our heritage, thats why I have is an a mn. [name]Maren[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] would also honor my grandma, and it is still an option. I’m not sure which I like more. I would probably use [name]Mimi[/name] as a nn for [name]Maren[/name]. [name]Maree[/name]/[name]Mary[/name] would work too, and I love [name]Mare[/name]-bear as well but that would be more for when she’s a baby :slight_smile: I love [name]Calliope[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] also.

[name]Don[/name]'t think people have any probs pronouncing my hubby’s name. Since Australia is so multicultural, it’s not considered strange or out there here.

I came across a ame that caught my eye. What does everyone think about one think about [name]Mireya[/name]? I’m having a hard time finding any ingo on it. I assume its prn. Mi-ray-uh. Also, anyone know why nameberry calls [name]Marietta[/name] ‘proper but naughty’?

[name]Love[/name] [name]Mireya[/name], could do nn [name]Mira[/name] so cute. Not sure about the [name]Marietta[/name] business, but if you like that name, you might like one of my favs Mietta, would use it in a flash if I didn’t have a [name]Milla[/name] already.

Mietta is very pretty! I wonder why its not in nameberrys database?

I like [name]Mireya[/name] and Miretta. But I think Miretta slightly better, actually. More of a nice symmetry, if that makes sense!