Thoughts On Pauline & Suzie?

Hello what are your thoughts on [name_f]Pauline[/name_f] and [name_f]Suzie[/name_f], individually? Are these out dated? Or could they be used in 2020? Middle names are welcomed

For me, [name_f]Pauline[/name_f] isn’t ready for revival. [name_f]Suzie[/name_f] is sort of dated, but I like it and think it would work for a modern girl! Especially as a nn for [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]/Suzanna

1 Like

I feel they’re both still pretty dated, I can’t see them due a revival for the next couple of years. [name_f]Paulina[/name_f] would be a nice twist for [name_f]Pauline[/name_f] but [name_f]Suzie[/name_f] I’m overall not keen at all.

Really like both, although I prefer [name_f]Paulina[/name_f] & [name_f]Suki[/name_f]. think [name_f]Suzie[/name_f] & [name_f]Pauline[/name_f] could work in 2020!

I like them! I think that [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] might be part of the names ready for a come back. I adore [name_f]Pauline[/name_f] and [name_f]Paulina[/name_f] and think a little [name_f]Polly[/name_f] could fit right in with [name_f]Molly[/name_f]’s

My mom works with three Susans, and I’ve met a couple older ones. I can see where it’d be cute, but it’s just very dated and old, to me. I enjoy some older names, like [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], but [name_f]Susan[/name_f] is not one of them. Feels very plain. [name_f]Paulina[/name_f]… my aunt’s name is [name_f]Paulette[/name_f]. She’s a bitch. It gives off the same dated, smells-of-baby-powder vibes as [name_f]Susan[/name_f] to me, though worse - perhaps because of my aunt.

They aren’t my favorite, but it would be lovely for them to be fresh and lively again. (:

Pauline feels dated but [name_f]Paulina[/name_f] definitely feels usable. I don’t love [name_f]Suzie[/name_f] by itself but [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] with the nn [name_f]Suzie[/name_f] would be sweet.

I think they are both dated I cannot see them reviving in 2020

I like the sweet [name_f]Suzie[/name_f]. [name_f]Pauline[/name_f] is okay but i prefer the fresher feeling [name_f]Paulina[/name_f]

Suzie [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_f]Suzie[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Suzie[/name_f] [name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Suzie[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Suzie[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Pauline[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Pauline[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Pauline[/name_f] [name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Pauline[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]

1 Like

I LOVE [name_f]Susie[/name_f] - this spelling is on my own list! I don’t mind [name_f]Suzie[/name_f], but the “s” in the middle of [name_f]Susie[/name_f] just feels softer to me? Regardless though, the name is wonderful, and well due for a comeback!

Pauline’s a little bit stuck in the “grandmother” bracket of names - she’s not quite old enough for a revival, but, I don’t think [name_f]Pauline[/name_f] would be a bad choice, just unexpected? :slight_smile:

They both seem extremely dated to me, very [name_u]Baby[/name_u] [name_m]Boomer[/name_m]. Sorry.

They are both still a little dated, but I definitely think they are usable! I could see them wearing very well today. :slight_smile:

Susannah works as a contemporary name. [name_f]Paola[/name_f] and [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] are also nice and fit the contemporary vibe. Sorry, [name_f]Pauline[/name_f] and [name_f]Suzie[/name_f] sound very middle-aged.

I love [name_f]Suzy[/name_f] on it’s own but spelled as I just did. [name_f]Suzie[/name_f] and [name_f]Susie[/name_f] are nice too though, just not my preferred spelling. [name_f]Pauline[/name_f]…it’s okay. Doesn’t do much for me but has a nice sound.

They could definitely work, they just don’t appeal to me personally.

Any name can work and names heard less frequently are kinda refreshing but they would be extremely rare in 2020! These are names that were more popular in an older generation. [name_f]Suzie[/name_f] is a nickname so you’d probably have to go for [name_f]Susan[/name_f], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] or just [name_f]Sue[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] is the freshest feeling out of these choices.

Pauline is a little more spunky to me. I think I prefer [name_f]Paulina[/name_f]. I really love [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] as someone else suggested. I’ve known a few ladies around my age named [name_f]Paula[/name_f], which surprised me because its a dated name even in my generation but they wore it well so any name can take on its own identity.

I would personally use these as middle names if they had significance. I think they would actually make really stunning middle names in this day and age. Personally I dont know that they would be super well received in 2020 as first names but they are legitimate names and you are certainly allowed to use them. But if you’re asking if they are names that are going to come back into style - i don’t think so. They are more obscure names i guess although you hear [name_f]Suzie[/name_f] a lot but for some reason I can’t picture it on a little girl in this day and age.