Thoughts on Penelope?

What are your thoughts on the name [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]? What kind of girl do you imagine with the name?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

~[name_u]Cali[/name_u]

Any thoughts?

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]! I adore the nns [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] and [name_f]Lola[/name_f], and I imagine the sweetest, most inquisitive, smart, charming, happy little girl. One of the members of one of my favorite bands has an adorable little [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], and I think of her whenever I think of the name.

http://instagram.com/p/npCc_/

It’s such a charming, historical name, and I really love it. I’m usually not for Greek mythology names, but [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] has somehow become my exception. I love her to pieces. I’ve even been thinking of promoting her from a MN to a FN on my own list. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is a huge favourite on nameberry.

I really dislike it, to be honest. I find it clunky (in a bad way) and dated. Ditto [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f].

I am firmly in the minority on here, FWIW. :wink:

Thank you for your honest opinion! It’s good to hear the good and the bad :slight_smile: [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_f]Lilias[/name_f] are really growing on me, but [name_f]Behati[/name_f] is still our #1 choice!

I love it! It is on our list as well. We picture classic, humble, yet creative and unique. Not sure if people would go with nicknames on this one…we aren’t ‘[name_f]Nellie[/name_f]’ fans, that’s one thing we thought about! Good luck!

My friend just named her baby [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I think she’ll be a “[name_u]Penny[/name_u].”

It’s growing on me, I am attracted to longer classic names that have awesome natural nicknames ([name_u]Penny[/name_u], [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]). It is becoming quite popular on this site but in my area it has yet to take off. As an added bonus, the literary figure from [name_m]Homer[/name_m]'s Odyssey is a loyal, clever, revered character.

I don’t think it’s totally terrible, but it is clunky and I’ve never understood why it is as popular as it has been lately. I much prefer [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], but I hate [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]/[name_u]Nelly[/name_u].

Honestly I’ve never liked the sound of [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], but the woman of legend does endear the name to me. I do like your second option [name_f]Lilias[/name_f]-- it’s very pretty and just a little bit different!

Its getting kinda trendy