Thoughts on Pepper?

So [name_f]Amber[/name_f] Fillerup on Instagram just named her baby girl Pepper!! I think it’s really cute, what do y’all think? I think it fits in with the likes of [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_u]Basil[/name_u], and [name_f]Saffron[/name_f] which I see often on Nameberry.

2 Likes

I love the name but wouldn’t be brave enough myself to use it. I considered using it on my dog but ended up going with something different. I think, for a baby, [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], or [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] “Pippa” works better.

[name_u]Pepper[/name_u] is nice - warm and sweet yet sharp too. There’s something that holds me back about it but I’m not sure what. It has grown on me though.

i’m obsessed with pepper! i have it on my list as a nickname for penelope, but i would absolutely use it for a standalone as well. :honeybee:

I met my second grown [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] on [name_m]Saturday[/name_m] and I must say that I was very excited! It could make a sharp and sassy alternative to [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] or [name_u]Piper[/name_u] (or even Harper!) if those become too overused.

Loooove [name_u]Pepper[/name_u]

I love [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] but I don’t think I’d be strong enough to use it. maybe as a nickname though, then she could decide if she wanted to be pepper all the time or just have it be a family nickname.

I love [name_u]Pepper[/name_u]! Always have! Definitely my favorite of the spice, herb, and seasoning names. :wink:

[name_u]Pepper[/name_u] is so sparky and fun :hot_pepper: :heart:

Unfortunately, in my accent it sounds exactly like [name_f]Peppa[/name_f] (as in Pig) so I couldn’t consider it for real babies, but I really love it.

i feel like it’s an adorable nickname, but i’m not a big fan of it as a full name. it would make the sweetest family nickname for philippa, though!

I know the cutest little girl named [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] which has totally sold me on the name.

For some reason it gives me a ‘young girl from the seventies’ vibe, along with [name_u]Cricket[/name_u], [name_f]Bridget[/name_f], & [name_u]Skipper[/name_u]. But I couldn’t tell you why

1 Like

[name_u]Pepper[/name_u] is actually on my favs list :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I was super excited to hear [name_f]Amber[/name_f] used it (though I don’t follow her)

[name_u]Pepper[/name_u] is one of my favorite names! Unfortunately, I can’t use it, but I would really love to see this name used more. It’s bold and full of personality without forcing any assumptions about the actual person.

Not a big fan as it’s just such a common word to use in everyday conversations.
I do, however, like the similar [name_f]Peppa[/name_f], it feels a bit more name-y while being just as quirky as [name_u]Pepper[/name_u].

I think it’s cute! I don’t think I would be brave enough to use it (and DH would never be on board with it) but I’d love to meet a little [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] :slight_smile: It also reminds me of the character [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] from [name_m]Iron[/name_m] [name_u]Man[/name_u].

1 Like

I love [name_u]Pepper[/name_u]! Its super cute and spunky.

I fell in love with it more from the movie [name_m]Iron[/name_m] [name_u]Man[/name_u], [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] Pots! :slight_smile:

It’s cute!
Adorable on a child and young adult but would want a longer more formal name

[name_u]Pepper[/name_u] is adorable, and I’d be excited to meet more little ones with this name! Honestly, I love it better than [name_u]Sage[/name_u] & [name_f]Saffron[/name_f]. As previous posters have mentioned, [name_m]Iron[/name_m] [name_u]Man[/name_u] character gives it a huge plus :ok_hand:t3:

[name_u]Pepper[/name_u] is really cute (but not too cute!). I feel like it has a really broad appeal–I’ve met or know of several little girls named [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] and their families are all over the map in terms of location, education, parent age, etc. Since I have met several, in my experience it’s more popular than you might think.

I actually really love [name_u]Pepper[/name_u]. I like it for boys too - I see it more for girls, but I’m not sure why it hasn’t ever been considered for a boy!

That being said, I think it’s best left as a nickname or middle name. [name_f]Philippa[/name_f], [name_m]Philip[/name_m], or [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] nn [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] is so cute to me. [name_u]Penn[/name_u] or [name_f]Pepita[/name_f] could also work if you’re willing to stretch it!